M*CARBO Brotherhood

New magazine release

I am waiting to hear from my Gun shop that my rifle has arrived. And passing the time watching the you tube videos on all the mods available. I have a question regarding the new magazine release. I am left handed so I am wondering if the release is going to be in the way of my trigger finger? Any lefties out there who have the release installed and how it affects their trigger finger.

Mike

1 Like

I’m a lefty with the S2K .
and, yes the extended mag release for the Glock 17 model sits
just below yer trigger finger on the left hand. You could move it to the right side I suppose but to tell the truth in actual operation of firing the
S2K I haven’t had any issue with the mag release. I did push it one time and drop a mag when I thought I was hitting the safety, but that’s a brain fart and not a real problem …

Bottom line it IS there, but after one gets familiar with the rifle it shouldn’t be a big problem for a lefty. Don’t forget to get the shell deflector. That IS a real issue, and is mostly negated with the brassNgas deflector thingee IMHO .

2 Likes

Thanks for responding. You indicate the magazine release could be moved to the other side? Did I read that right? Or just me wishing.

Mike

2 Likes

@Mcrosa … it cannot be swapped to the other side.

2 Likes

Ya caught me ASSUMING one could flip the release to the other side.
OOPS

You can keep wishing though, if it makes ya feel better …
Maybe that option will come with the soon to be released all aluminum trigger housing assembly…

jus funnin

2 Likes

Welcome @Mcrosa
I am a lefty and 100% concur with @kannonvaggon.
The shell deflector is a + for us lefties but try not to make the mistake I did, when I installed it following the excellent install video, I made the mistake of making to tight of a bend, with the thought the spent casings would land by my feet. What happened is they did eject and deflect down but onto my bare arm (hot-ouch) into boot, you get what I mean. I could heat it up again and bend it out a bit but with a long sleeve shirt, no problem. The advantage, I can collect almost all spent casings at my feet, or within a short distance.
Cheers,

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I ordered a deflector today along with a few other goodies. Contemplating ordering the Performance bundle after reading all the comments. Have to check the finances tomorrow, but I really really want to punch the order button.

Rifle is scheduled to arrive Monday the 19th. Going to go the gun shop today to fill out the paper work to see if I can then pick up tomorrow. Due to the surge in purchases takes one day to get approved. Even if you have a concealed permit.

Mike

2 Likes

Don’t hesitate. Pull the proverbial trigger! I had a lot of fun putting it all together, not as hard as I thought it would be, videos are excellent and the end product is amazing. In the S2K section, I posted my experience. Check it out if you have some time.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2 Likes

Picked up my gun yesterday. Sweet. M Carbo parts arrived today. Hopefuly installing this weekend.
:slight_smile: :grinning:

4 Likes