M*CARBO Brotherhood

New M*CARBO Glock Trigger Job!

I really, really, really dig that Chris is including polishing in some of his new parts install videos! The new Glock trigger spring upgrade kit just posted on YT . This is an hour and a half of kitchen table gunsmithin’ & Flitz flingin’ goodness so get yourself a comfy spot and a tasty beverage for this one lol :beer: I am going to take a Glock Armorer’s class this spring sponsored by our Sheriff’s dept. ($$$) - it will be interesting to see what they think of doing these sorts of upgrades and polishing and see what I get out of it beyond watching YT vids for free. lol

12 Likes

I did the trigger job on all my Glocks with Flitz metal polish and Q-tips. It really did make a difference. :+1:

And, somebody let Chris know it’s called a striker, not firing pin, with Glocks. :rofl:

8 Likes

@TriggerHappy Can’t speak to a Glock, but I can speak to a CZ P09. After gaining inspiration from @TriggerHappy thread on polishing I stripped and polished all my CZ Trigger bars, Sear interfaces, trigger, and trigger pin. Reduced trigger pull on the P09 to an amazing 2 lbs 15oz. Have not tested the 2 P07s yet. The double action on all three has lost that gritty feeling and have become seriously smooth.

6 Likes

Standard operating procedure for all my Glocks. Fun to do. Doesn’t make a ton of difference, but it is one you can feel.

If you ask at work about it they will tell you not to do it likely. They’ll be more worried about you assembling your gun incorrectly, liability issues that you did it and not the department’s official armorer. Good luck.

3 Likes

@Wedge

All about the “po-tate-o’s” / "po-tot-o’s ? " Lol Well, it is the weekend… Who to pick on? Lol. I need to clean up, set up and start working on the 10/22 project! I should have everything except my barrel by Tuesday! How exciting is that? Big smiles!

2 Likes

I really enjoyed this video as Chris went step by step. I will definitely be trying this with my Glocks when I have free time. I do wonder if Chris and all at MCarbo will be doing any flat face or curved triggers for Glock (like with the sub2000)?. I know there are tons out there but just figured I would ask the question. Great products and videos.

4 Likes

Just waiting for a MCARBO trigger upgrade for the PLR-16!!!

2 Likes

@wheelchairdave

Good evening, my friend… While I would ‘never’ talk of discouragement to any shooter in ‘upgrading’ ANY component of their firearm, I would like to remind one of an ‘added’ bonus. Do not discard any stock part and feel it is junk because the upgrade is so much finer… Remember, creativity and use this forum as a learning adventure. YOU can modify your own part into something just as equally great! It is very therapeutic to stone a trigger part while sitting in front of the television/NOT paying attention to the wife as she is lecturing one thing or another… Big smirk! You might even find a way to supplement a hobby??? Winks! Happy shooting…

1 Like

Time to start on the Glock trigger Mcarbo spring and polishing upgrade. My daily carry Glock 27 is first. Then it will be the Glock 22 and the wifes Glock 26.

Hopefully my Mcarbo kits arrive today, if not, well everything will be polished and ready.

7 Likes

Slide half is finished, but spring kit didnt come in the mail today. Oh well, slide half is done, now to work on the frame half. At least when the springs do show up it will be a quick, easy swap since the time consuming polishing work will be done.

3 Likes

Trigger bar, connector, and rail tabs all polished. Firearm reassembled AND it still works. Once my springs come in it will be a quick easy job to change them out. @ChrisNelson, excellent job on the video. :+1:

8 Likes

@Texprep

I just got my spring kit today but they only sent me ONE and I ordered and paid for TWO. Just emailed MCARBO, I’m sure they will fix this…nothing but love MCARBO.

5 Likes

@dave67,
I ordered 3 kits. Guess we will see what i get when it gets here.

2 Likes

@Texprep Technical Support from MCARBO just responded and is shipping another trigger kit out today, so I would say a very quick email response (30min.) and issue fix.:+1:

5 Likes

@dave67,
Got my spring kits today. Since i had polished the G27’s internals yesterday, i went ahead and finished it. I then compared the upgraded G27’s trigger to the stock G26 trigger. The upgraded trigger is lighter. How much, i’m not sure. Getting a new trigger gauge tomorrow so i can check before and after when i do the G22 and G26. Also want to check against my Ghost Evo kit in my G17.

6 Likes

Finished installing the Mcarbo spring kit in my Glock 27 yesterday. Went and purchased a Lyman trigger pull gauge today. With the lightest spring installed (4lb) i got an average of 3lb-11.4 ozs.

I will do a before and after of my G26. Before, its testing 4lbs-12.7ozs.

6 Likes

Starting on my Glock 22 trigger now. This is the average trigger pull before modifications. Ill post again after i finish the upgrades.

3 Likes

Well, the Glock 22 came out even better. Heres the average of 10 pulls on the gauge.

I am more than happy with the MCARBO spring kit.

5 Likes

Am I the only one who remembers when every gun shop in America offered polishing jobs for your revolver and 1911?

It was a huge profit maker for our family business and a full time job for us kids! :grin::+1:

6 Likes

It is actually enjoyable to do, in my opinion.

3 Likes