M*CARBO Brotherhood

New here and Trigger Fire Issue

Thanks for the detailed post. I, too, am a new Sub 2K owner with all the MCARBO internal upgrades due in Wed. 9/9/20. Chagrined to read of your extraction woes, but thanks for the Grabit Pro tip in case I encounter the same. I also hope the toolless locking pin installation goes as shown in the instructional video. Hope I’ve got all the M-A-N called for to depress that spring!

3 Likes

This is why I would never start to upgrade with after market parts until the gun has been fully broken in and is working without any problems! I am not against buying upgraded parts for your gun but IMO the SUB2K is fine just the way it is and you should not experience any problems but if you do, I would suggest sending it back to the shop for repair. Kel-Tec has great customer service. In my experience with New Guns, I would never change any Internal parts on a gun until something breaks or malfunctions, then change the part or send it back! Good Luck

1 Like

Your right, I have learned how to take it apart and would be able to now fix it IF ever needed. Hopefully it won’t come to that.

1 Like

The Grabit Pro has bailed me out before IF it’s used correctly. I wrote a review on it, on Amazon under “ABC” username. Changing out the locking pin on the recoil spring was the second most difficult, it’s was not easy. Good luck on your installs.

1 Like

“SEK 44” I think the Kel Tec is of lesser quality. Certainly in my opinion, compared to my Springfield as I stated before. But, it’s just like on my vehicles that I have purchased used, I will replace certain parts if they need it or not.
But thats just me and how I am. I love the Sub 2000 much better now from a looks stand point. I hope I can really tell the difference in shooting next time I test it out after all the changes I made.

1 Like

I see that there’s a Grabit Micro Kit for smaller bolts. Think that would work on these small gunsmithing projects?

2 Likes

I would certainly think so because I had to use the smallest size in my kit, which is marked #1.
See Pic of sizes that is in my kit. I’m going to buy the micro size, didn’t know they had it. Thanks

1 Like

1 Like

I’ll get my trigger kit from the mailbox when I get home tonight (a day early - way to go, MCARBO!). I’ll try backing out the allen screws tomorrow morning. Worst case, the Grabit Micro Kit comes in Wed. and I’ll be able to get back to it Thursday. Maybe have it done to take to the range on the weekend.

1 Like