New and (was) confused!

All Things SUB-2000!
Hello all,
New to the forum. I’ve been doing some reading. I’m interested in the S2k in 40 cal. I would like to use P226 magazines since I have that pistol. I haven’t found out which S2k to buy to install the mag catch needed. I’ve seen ones set up for the M&P and Beretta. Would I be able to switch out the mag catch on one of those? I Duck Duck Goed for over an hour looking for an answer and found nothing. Found Mcarbo and this forum. Definitely not a waste of time.

9 Likes

You came to the right place. Welcome !
The multi mag frame will let you easily change whichever mag catch below you want to run.
sub-2000-multi-mag-options-mag-catch

9 Likes

Thank you! So I guess I need to find a multi mag model. I was hoping I could just buy an M&P or Beretta model.

6 Likes

You can buy any sub2k you find except Glock models. The little mag catch is what you need to buy per mag/gun type you want to run. The multi mag grip allows you to interchange any of those catches.

7 Likes

Sorry, still confused. You wrote I can buy any S2k but Glock and just change the mag catch. That’s good. Then at the end, it sounded like I need the multi mag one to switch to the mag I want?

5 Likes

Welcome pig. Its s good group. You will see it all on here.

7 Likes

Sorry about that. when i said buy anything i was referring to this statement…

Yes . You can buy those and change the catch.

You may see sub2k listings for any variation of mag setup but (other than Glock) they are all common internally and will accept the mag catch(es) you want.

The presence of ANY mag catch style other than Glock means it is a “multi-mag” grip module, and will be interchangable with ANY of the Non-Glock mag catches.

8 Likes

There is only 2 models. The Glock model, which will only accept Glock pattern magazines. And the multi mag model. Which with easy changes, take all the other magazines.

7 Likes

Thank you all! Now just new!

6 Likes

Great! I fixed your thread title to be more accurate now :smirk::wink::sunglasses:
Enjoy the fellowship with the brotherhood. :beers::beers:

7 Likes

@Pig
Welcome, welcome! :+1:

6 Likes

Wasn’t there some kind of thing about the length of the grip vs. the mags you could use? Or was that just Gen 1? Don’t remember… I have a Gen 2 Multi-Mag anyway. Bought it as a Beretta to go with a 92 - bought the adapter for a SIG 226 and have been using it that way (liked the SIG better). Still have a bunch of 92 mags so no harm done. The adapter is dirt cheap, and I was surprised how easy it was to change out. I was sure little parts and screws would be all over the floor as I tried to hold them all in place, but not so.

5 Likes

I think grip length is only an option with Glock frames. Multi mag is one size fits all.

6 Likes

Just glock models, for mag length.

5 Likes

@CatFood
That is correct, I made the mistake of purchasing a mag that was to short and wouldn’t lock. Kept dropping out. I thought it was a Glock mag.

4 Likes

Itis so great reading allof these helpful posts, bringing in another sub 2000 shooter :slight_smile: its a great group of ppl here ! Mcarbo brother hood

5 Likes