M*CARBO Brotherhood

Need troubleshooting advice. New Sub 2000 fires 25% of the time

Having trouble with my Sub 2000. I have tried different ammo but it doesn’t seem to matter. It only fires about 25% of the time. Any recommendations out there? Do I automatically figure on a new trigger assembly and if so, do you have a recommendation. Very frustrated.

1 Like

@faurpower Welcome to the Brotherhood. Don’t forget to go to the First Post Here: Introduce Yourself! thread and say Hi to everybody.

If you can give a little more information as to what is happening , some of the Brother here will come up with a solutions. Look at https://www.mcarbo.com/kel-tec-sub-2000-accessories.aspx for all your Sub 2k needs.

5 Likes

@faurpower Welcome aboard Light firing pin strikes can produce this problem. Looking at the primer of a round that didn’t fire, is there a very shallow dent? This is an indicator of a light strike. How many rounds thru this rifle? When was the last time the bolt, bolt head, firing pin and firing pin spring were cleaned? Excessing oiling of the firing pin and dirty firing ammo can lead to light strikes. Hope this helps.

6 Likes

Tell us moar. 654321

5 Likes

Yep need more info! Have you done anything to it? Is that factor straight out of the box?

5 Likes

Welcome to the Brotherhood!

Is it still under warranty?

4 Likes

what type, what magazines, what gen, how many rounds total, need more info…

6 Likes

What brand of ammo? If you try to fire the “duds” again do they fire? Have you tried a different brand? Are you getting failure to feed, misfeeds, stovepipes, what? Does the hammer sound like it’s hitting full-strength? Have you tried different magazines?

Have you lubed the firing pin at all? If you don’t want to take it apart (which is not difficult to do), try squirting Action Blaster or similar into the firing pin hole and let the gunk run out the back, then DON’T lube the firing pin at all - run it dry.

4 Likes

@faurpower welcome to the forum tj

3 Likes