M*CARBO Brotherhood

Need some help on a Sig arm brace

can someone answer a question for me about a Sig arm brace ? I broke this screw it’s the screw that holds the mount to the picatinny rail on the back of a Ruger PC charger .tried contacting Sig and several others with no luck The screw is 5/8 long

3 Likes

Looking on a phone so I don’t see a screw in the pic. Do you need to remove broken bits -or- just need a replacement screw?

Replacements can be had at your local hardware store. I recommend trying an ACE Hardware.

4 Likes

Yes sir I got it out I was kind of wondering if it was some special screw or the threads were a special type

2 Likes

The guys at ACE are generally very helpful, and their nut/bolt/bit bins are generally well stocked and organized.

In your situation, I would carry the brace into ACE and test fit until I found a winner.

5 Likes

I have a Sig folding adapter on a Ruger PCC…

The fastener securing it to the 1913 rail is 3/16 x 32. It may be the same diameter and thread pitch on yours. :man_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

#10 32 i think is the std marking for 3/16 32 pitch

6 Likes

Thank you very much. Great

4 Likes

Thank you sir very much

4 Likes

try to find grade 8 if you can.

5 Likes

Torx Plus aka Star Drive in a black oxide, low head is what Sig used.

Button heads are easier to source but the head diameter may be larger than the low head.

5 Likes

drill press, a mill or 2nd cut file and a steady hand can fix the over size head issue. lil black fingernail polish to seal bare metal…

5 Likes

Thank you this is great that’s what I was looking for.

2 Likes

Yep that’s what I’m looking for thank you

2 Likes

If you still have the broken part of the screw that you took out take than along with the brace to your local Lowes or Home Depot even Ace Hardware to the Special Screw Section and ask for HELP they have they will have those screws in STOCK and you will be able to get HEX instead of the TORX! I have been able to get Screws for my firearms in that section way too many times to count! But make sure that you take the ORIGINAL and THE BRACE that way you will MATCH the Correct Thread Pitch and you will have correct length!

3 Likes