M*CARBO Brotherhood

Nanuk Hard Case Layout Ideas

Got this really nice Nanuk 940, it has the perforated foam so I can lay it out however I like. Its really big, plenty of room for a couple fun sticks!
Any advice from others whom have done the same or similar?
I already checked out these threads for great ideas:
How Do You Carry Your S2K?
Hard Case For SUB2000
Heres a quick photo, everything is just sitting on top, haven’t cut anything out yet…Maybe a winter project lol.
Im open to suggestions and ideas!
Cheers!

11 Likes

there are a coupe more threads on shaping the foam easily and cleanly ect. hot knife ect.
thing about cases and bags very individual on layout. what works for me might not work for you. lay it out the best way for your needs…

7 Likes

Getting ready/researching now for a hard case to transport Mini-14 thru TSA.
Flying out to Arkansas in January to see Pops.
Have a budget at $ 200/300.
Any ideas??

4 Likes
7 Likes

@Dred
Wow Milton!
Never thought of getting something like this from Harbor Freight
Thanks
On the list as possible
:v::v::v::v:

4 Likes

Hello if your thinking of going to HF for a case, Check this site out. Harbor Freight Tools Coupon Database - Free coupons, 25 percent off coupons, toolbox coupons - Newest Coupons image Might save some $$

7 Likes

Really nice case you have there!

4 Likes

Thanks Don if your referring to my post…
@cico7

4 Likes

Bought a new Glock 33 round magazine to add to the case ($35) that will be three 17 rounds clips and the fun stick probably good on mags…
Can anyone think of or recomend anything else I should add to my case?

2 Likes

some type of folding knife or multi tool.

2 Likes

Here she goes! The top foam was 2.5" thick so i cut it in half to 1.75" long ways so when I cut out my shapes the items didn’t sit so deep. Its functional and ascetic pleasing.

7 Likes

Looking good. Nice cutout and placement of your equipment.

4 Likes

Thank you Don @cico7
-Lou

3 Likes

@Dred @Captainjack88

I don’t know WHY I ‘always’ seem to forget about Harbor Freight Tools? They have always gotten me out of ‘small pinch’ a time or two! :+1:

6 Likes

@louie088 I was going to suggest that you do the 17 round magazines upright to save space, but I see you figured that out. Where they won’t quite fit upright, there is a way to do them diagonally and still save a lot of space. I described it in the post below.

4 Likes

Funny that. I deliberately lay mine flat. I do it so it’s quickly obvious which are loaded and what with. Mine are mostly loaded with poly filled, gold dot 147s. But there are generally a couple loaded with 124 NATO. The NATO is cheaper to shoot through if I wanna play at the range and If I ever have to use my Sub - I may need a ball round for some circumstance. I will be carrying a mag of Underwood non expanding defensive rounds as soon as I get around to learning their behavior in the Sub.

At any rate … I can’t tell much if all I can see is a base pad.

5 Likes

@Dred True that, but using minimal extra space, you can make the cutouts accept the mags loaded feed side up. I personally prefer having extra magazines and if I am bothering to carry them, they are loaded. Those I keep loaded with defensive rather than target rounds are also marked that way on the baseplates.

5 Likes

LOL … I’d have to lie to myself to believe I’d demonstrate the discipline required to keep that system from lie’ng to me 'bout what from what.

At the same time … I don’t run the pistol in the case - it’s on my hip. So I got space for days.

I did build out a pistol case for all day range trips. It holds 6 pistols, 4 revolver speed loaders, and 12 or 15 mags - those mags are nose down 'cause it don’t matter at the range.

5 Likes