M*CARBO Brotherhood

My PMR 30 ENHANCEMENT by M*Carbo

Welcome Tony.
GREAT kit for the PMR 30 sir!

Your gonna love it and it’s tremendous fireball.
I would show you in a video but won’t let me post it?
Sir feel free to join our group.
I have the video posted of my son shooting it.

It’s too Bad that KelTec’s Warranty department and Customers Service
is Not as good as M*Carbo’s!
They have had my PMR 30 Since July 10th after I Had to send in for After a Catastrophic Failure,Glad I choose to wear Eye Protection that day.
The Original Nice Lady that sent Me the Fed X and Work Order is Not with them anymore, And The Original Tech That I Was in Contact with that I had sent The Pictures and Information of the event is also gone.
All I have gotten lately’ is that it’s in the ‘‘Cube’’ and were waiting for R&D To Come up with the new update Parts Etc,Etc. No ETA or Answers as to Cause For Failure! Will Probably(S**t Can) it when and If I get it back, Hopefully my other 3 don’t fall into this Problem.
But Hey on the Bright Side’ The (Enhancement was Perfect) by the MC Gang as Always.

4 Likes

Seems to me if they can’t figure out the problem, they owe you a new firearm. Even considering wuflu, not fixing it for two entire months is inexcusable. I don’t think they can take a lot of bad press considering the problems they’ve had before.

4 Likes

What exactly happened to your pmr?
Could you post pics?
Did you clean it before shooting it?
What ammo were you shooting? Grain?
Type of round?

1 Like

Was just now informed by KelTec! That they have not even started work on it.
After having been in Customer Service and Repair for 50 years before Retiring, I Really hate to be’‘Lied to’’ and ‘‘Given the Old Damn Runaround’’ as to the Truth of the Matter. :rage: :rage: :rage:
Out of Respect for ‘‘Chris Nelson and the Brotherhood’’ I will not post My Rage Here.

6 Likes

Big problem with Keltec is not their own, so many new owners won’t clean the firing pin area and send it back for “failure” when it only needs cleaned. As with any blowback operation, the firing pin gets contaminated and needs cleaned periodically. I pulled mine when new and found a nasty puddle of oil under the back half of the pin. These should be ran with no oil, only lube the slide areas, as with a Glock.
I’ve seen many writing they can’t even change the firing pin, I’d be ashamed to admit that in public.
Yes, those of us who were in the military aren’t afraid to tear a weapon down and clean, since we had to so much… but WTH, it isn’t hard! We’re not asking you to do it blindfolded, but at least do it.
We didn’t have YouTube then like now, we had loud sergeants, and little choice !!

1 Like

@smokinJoe … I know plenty of extremely mechanically inclined folks that can’t. It’s been a long time since punches and hammers were included in the lay persons tool assortment - a lot like properly calibrated torque wrenches.

4 Likes

I get that, and with eBay and Amazon, tools are easy to get and pretty cheap, and with YouTube, it’s not so hard to learn. So if someone is “mechanically inclined”, what’s the problem?

2 Likes

I don’t mean to be harsh, but maybe I do. :slight_smile:
If you can’t clean your gun, you probably shouldn’t have one.
And pulling the firing pin is routine, not like tearing down a trigger assembly, yep, that can be tricky with some models, but I’m talking basic cleaning here, and the firing pin IS BASIC cleaning

2 Likes

@smokinJoe How Right you are Sir, As to cleaning And Tear down, Firing Pin Replacing Etc :+1: You had a Loud Sarge’ I had a DI who was X Seal and Sub Guy in Boot 66 And he was mean as The 2 Step Snakes in Nam’. Been Their and Done That.

3 Likes

There is not a problem after they acquire the tools. Till they do - they can’t 'cause they don’t have the tools to do the job.

That said, some of the folks I know will dump a nail jar and search till they find the right diameter; cut the pointy end and swing their hammer straight enough to move a pin without bending the nail.

Then I have 4 or 5 friends that’ll call me to come over and have a few beers. But, before they hang up, they ask if I can bring the punch set with me. Half of this group will grab the punch set and get after it; the rest struggle till I grab my tools and do the job before my punches get jacked up and bent.

2 Likes

@Dred Ah Yes!! :rofl: The Did You get the Special Tools for the Job Like I told you,When you ask for My Help’ (NO) New Game (Hang Up)!
It’s Really ‘‘Not Rocket Science’’ Spend the Few dollars for the Right Tool It Pays you Back in (Hours Lost) in (Screwing the Pooch) and Doing it Right the First Time!
You May use my tool Once’ If Ya bend it,Pen it over, Take out the Edge,or Break it’ Please Replace it as Ya Got it/with the Same good Brand,Don’t Throw it my drawer when I’m not looking’ I know what Stall you work in. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

The perfect pin punch set, $11. NOT a center punch style with a point, you want a flat end for pins.
Any point will expand the pin, not the goal of a “pin punch”

1 Like