M*CARBO Brotherhood

My PMR 30 ENHANCEMENT by M*Carbo

I built me a small polishing station out of a card board box and clear packing tape. For light.

![20200905_193150(1)(1)|392x500]
(upload://3tpnsoaxF73aD3ZL516L7c1Uloo.jpeg)
Before

After

All new enhanced parts installed before putting two halves together.

Polished stainless feed ramp

New mag release
New trigger

New recoil spring

Back together with the stainless polished feed ramp showing !

Back together tight !
When it snaps into place you pretty much know all is tightly together.
The trigger adjustment was the hardest part.
First time putting back together snapped right into place. Installed screws not to tightly. DEAD TRIGGER😞 rechecked all screws not tight enough to stop it.
Pulled apart, trigger spring came off post😣.only way to adjust under travel on this trigger is pull apart. Over travel you can cut Allen key to fit installed trigger ?
Doesn’t matter might as well pull apart to adjust. Finally after 3 times apart and together to test.
I got it’s Sweet Spot !
At least what I consider Sweet.
Under travel - Just under two threads showing. Over travel for me was 3 .5 threads showing.
Inserted spent shell and BANG.
PERFECT FOR ME!
MY M*CARBO ENHANCED PMR30 !
GREAT CHALLENGE I ENJOYED !

This PMR 30 has a tremndous FIREBALL!!

17 Likes

But wait! I see a leeeeeetle smudge on the feed ramp you didn’t polish enough! You have to tear it all apart again to get that one spot. :rofl:

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself. I’ll go sit in the corner now…

7 Likes

@phuzzy42 Rotflmao! :rofl:

5 Likes

No worries! Lol.
Should have wiped clean before the photo.

4 Likes

As you can see, some of us here have a warped sense of “humor”. LOL

3 Likes

No worries ! Don’t we all ?
Had my oldest Son and my youngest take the enhanced out to shoot .
Fireball tremendous ! Recoil hard for 22 mag. Pistol so light but manageable.
Shooting 3 mags 90 rounds 1 failure to fire, 3 failure to feeds 2 of those had a dent in the casing. Refed all fired except. 1 the failure to fire.
CCI 40 grain Max-Mags ammo.
Accurate at 25 yards.
Trigger upgrade excellent.
Need to run more thru it to give reliable report.
Stay tuned ! up always :crazy_face:

6 Likes

I never fill the mags all the way full - seem to be more reliable. 25 to a mag and it uses up a box of ammo with no leftovers (I only have the original two mags). Also, I don’t use the speedloader. Loaded both with the speedloader - problems. Loaded both by hand - no problems. YMMV

Incidentally, if you see yellow granules in the slide after shooting it, that’s unburned powder and nothing to worry about. That boom and fireball are impressive, aren’t they? LOL

5 Likes

Fireball would blind you at night !
Wow!
I will keep your tips in mind !
For sure thanks!

3 Likes

Maybe, but an intruder would need a clean pair of shorts whether you hit him or not. :rofl:

3 Likes

Lmao.
My house weapon 45 acp 14 rounds of jhp’s Federal Hydro-Shok 230 grain always on me or within reach.

2 Likes

Mine’s a 12ga with 00 buck and a Beretta 92FS for backup.

The PMR is in the nightstand for the wife to use. She won’t shoot anything with recoil, and with 25 rounds she can keep shooting until the threat is stopped. If you’ve watched any of the YouTube videos, .22WMR is pretty potent.

3 Likes

Those two will keep you !
My son’s carries a Beretta 92fs.
Sweet weapon.

2 Likes

@phuzzy42 @Popeagleclaw Yes The Fireballs are Impressive’
Then You add a 1911 22TCM In the Other Hand’ And They are Blinded for Life and the “Shorts” be History! :rofl: :joy:

4 Likes

I put together a AR pistol 5.56.
It puts out a fireball that worthy of fear ! Lol!
My house gun backed by my S&W M&P 45

“Live Free or Die”

5 Likes

Hello, This is my First time responding it is nice to be here.
Just got my new ramp for my PMR and will begin the polishing and install ASAP. I have watched the videos and all seems really well explained. My only question is, When the video was finished polishing the ramp what was used to clean up the polish residue? Can I just use gun cleaner and a brush. I know, kind of a dumb question. I have cleaning solution for polymer guns so maybe that would be better??
Thank you for any response.

Welcome to this forum Sir !
Sir are you polishing the feed ramp, while its in the pistol?

You can use gun cleaner and a brush or just wipe it clean and use a q-tip to get into the nooks and crannies. Me, I’d probably use something like Action Blaster spray or similar, then wipe it dry.

1 Like

Hornabys Dyna glide plus
Cleans and lubes with dry lube.

1 Like

I just got the part and used my dremel tool to polish it up, OUT OF THE GUN. Just got it back together and wished I had ordered the mag release also, I think I’ll order it before the wife gets up from her nap…shhh don’t tell her:) I am like an impatient little kid , I couldn’t wait to get the ramp put in the gun. Got it in now I’ll wait for the mag release and to new recoil springs and then off to the range. Thanks for everyone’s responses.

4 Likes

Nice Work’ While your Ordering the new Mag Release button’ You might Order some Barrel/slide bushings from Kel Tec They do wear out, Having been made out of plastic,You will love the new Trigger from MC’
And Welcome to the Hood’

1 Like