M*CARBO Brotherhood

My New M-Series Is Here

Ok, so it’s not REALLY an M series. But it has all the Mcarbo parts now so I’ll call it just that. Took about 2 hours, only because I was really taking my time. The trigger pulls nice, it cycles and feeds the plastic glock practice rounds fine, ejection no issue with those. I’ll make sure to give a range report when I get there. Here’s to hoping she doesn’t explode on me because I screwed something up. Lol just kidding. Everything seems fine. @ChrisNelson, your videos are great. So easy to follow even someone like me who has never gone further than field stripping a weapon can get it done. Thanx.

!(upload://wGhbD7Duq6bifDL5ISE6kWs968Q.jpeg) 20190228_184535 20190228_184509

10 Likes

Chris does put out some good videos as well as parts. Welcome to the dark side. Soon you’ll be looking for ways to improve all your firearms.

9 Likes

Already wondering how those Glock trigger springs work…lol

6 Likes

@Jperr,
If you’ve already done the trigger kit in the S2K, the Glock will be easy. I just did a Glock 22 and a G27 within the last week. With the Mcarbo springs, the trigger pull weight decreased to below 4lbs. Once again, I followed the video Chris made and polished all the parts. Now, I have springs on order for my Ruger 10/22’s and my SKS.

8 Likes

@Jperr Joseph you little numbskull you absolutely sucked me in with the title of your post! Dag nabit man!

LOL - you got me. :grin::+1:

That said I enjoyed seeing your pics, smithing S2Ks is kinda addictive…maybe because their so cheap folks are more willing to be daring?

7 Likes

Guess what guys? :grin:

The M-Series actually is here!!! Can preorder now and should ship within two weeks. :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Price is $695 and when Rachel gives me the info will know what configuration was finally decided on.

@Kona @Boomchucker @Wedge @Texprep

9 Likes

Nice! I just bought an R/C jet, so I’m a little low on toy funds right now. :rofl:

5 Likes

I am currently waiting on an email back from them as to the configurations available as well.

5 Likes

@Johnksg,
This is what @ChrisNelson stated was his original RFQ to Kel-Tec. Don’t know if this is what was finally settled on though.
ec SUB2000 M-Series

SUB-2000

Kel Tec SUB2000 M-Series

SUB-2000

/

ChrisNelsonPresident

Jan 29

Getting the Request for Quote for the New M-SERIES from KEL-TEC Today!

Initially we submitted an RFQ for the following. I have a gut feeling that we need to revise these quantities. Give me your input!

RFQ 1,000 M-SERIES Composition:

• 500 - 9mm, Black, Glock 17, Curved Trigger, Peep Sight
  • 125 - 9mm, Black, Glock 17, Curved Trigger, Notch Sight
  • 125 - 9mm, Black, Glock 17, Flat Trigger, Peep Sight
  • 125 - 9mm, Black, Multi-Mag, Curved Trigger, Notch Sight
  • 125 - 9mm, Black, Multi-Mag, Flat Trigger, Notch Sight
3 Likes

@Johnksg, Here is the response I just received from Jacqueline @ Mcarbo.

The M-Series is available for pre-orders starting today. The price of the firearm is $695.00 plus the shipping cost.

The first 150 will be Glock 17 frame, 9mm, Glock magazine release, Peep sight, curved or flat trigger, trigger bar, 9mm Muzzle brake, trigger guard, trigger spring kit, bolt tube cover, choice of Double finger charging handle or recoilless charging handle, stainless steel feed ramp, recoil buffer and carbon steel pin and screw kit.

10 Likes

Got all that. Except on a 19 frame.

7 Likes

@Jperr, Ditto, me too. But I’m telling my wife this one is for her.
Wish someone could say for sure if they planned on an M series in .40 cal.
I have a fully mcarborized 9mm glock s2k to go with my 9mm glock pistols, sure would like a .40 M series to go with my .40 glock pistols.

8 Likes

@Texprep, I wonder the difference of size consideration vs cost of build on a manufacturer’s view point @ChrisNelson. There are many considerations when designing a product. I am sure that Chris is having those concerns when keeping the M*CARBO Brotherhood in mind? Definitely a lot of concern on one’s shoulders? That is why it is so imporant for the brotherhood to stick close together and communicate in the best manner! I know that I am a ‘culprit’ at times when I am forgetful and get caught in some of those political ‘jargon’ moments… :thinking::+1:

3 Likes

Been waiting for this…How do i preorder?

6 Likes

@Success just call MCARBO customer service and they will be happy to take your $$ :grin::+1:

Sorry I left everyone hanging, as I was literally heading out the door for my shoot, but Mike got the same info I did from Jacqueline.

I have to admit I am a bit bummed the badge got left off. Also wish had a bit more ability to customize parts I want. (Why pay for items I will be pulling off?) And $695 is okay it is not a great price.

…I am thinking. :hushed:

6 Likes

I sent you a PM with their phone number.

5 Likes

What parts would you pull off this gun? And what do you think would be a good price?

5 Likes

@Success well I don’t want any sights at all so that would go. Also I don’t want the tube cover.

So if I was piecing this together I would pay for the pro trigger job bundle, muzzle brake,trigger bar , and 2FCH for the wife equals $264.80 + $340. Thats only $604.80 If I was to do it from scratch (also sight blocks and thread protectors and brass counterweight.)

:confused:

I was hoping for more mix and match options other than trigger and CH. For some reason I envisioned this as a semi-custom performance center type build. I am going to also go on a limb and ask the question: will KT polish the feed ramp and engagement surfaces on the sear?

6 Likes

Okay…I am going to come out and ask the question (already read the excuses) lol.

Is this the weapon and the price we were waiting and hoping for?

3 Likes

@Johnksg, You wouldn’t add the feed ramp and polishing kit to your build? I would think the way your classes will be running and gunning with these that replacing that plastic feed ramp would be a must. As far as price, it’s about what I expected if they are polishing the internals like most of us have done to ours. Labor isn’t free. I too am a little disappointed that they didn’t add a special logo of some sort designating it as an M series and/or a tribute to veterans or LE/first responders. Guess time will tell how many persons will want a turnkey fully loaded S2K and how many will keep doing as most here have done and customize them with what we want. I will still buy one, but I’m gonna wait a bit and see if they will make some in .40.

5 Likes