M*CARBO Brotherhood

My Hi Point .40 carbine

Have had my 40 S&W Hi Point carbine for about a year now and will say that for being, big, heavy ugly as sin it shoots where I aim. Only thing I have done is mount a cheap red/green dot sight on it, added the spare magazine carrier to it and shot it. I ordered one of the M*CARBO trigger upgrade kits which came in the mail yesterday so I will be installing that today. I took it to a local indoor range and shot it at the 100 yard range, double checked my sight alignment at 25 yards, pushed the target out to 100 and found it was very easy to get good groups center of mass with the point of aim being just below the head. I was impressed with how the gun shot. A friend shot it and even with the gun being set up for me (right handed) and he being wrong handed (lefty) his group at 25 yards could be covered with a playing card. Will try to post some pictures and maybe if I can figure out a mount for my GoPRo I will do a video of the trigger spring install.

6 Likes

Added the trigger up grade kit and I will say the trigger pull is lighter and crisper then before, not sure how just a spring replacement can make such a difference but so far I like it. Range work is next to really see if it makes a difference. Attached is a picture of the carbine in its "dressed mode:
Hi%20Point%2040%20S%26W%20Carbine%20(337%20x%20600)|280x500

6 Likes

You should install a Hightower Armory kit on it. It takes the ugly right out of the Hi-Point!!! It is on my to do list…

5 Likes

I just looked at the kit and really can’t see doubling the money I have in the gun. I really don’t care that the gun is ugly as it does what I need it to do. Hit targets out to 100 yards and function each pull of the trigger. Thanks for the link, they do make some good looking stuff.

5 Likes

@TomT

At least ‘our brotherhood’ has YOUR WALLET at best heart??? :rofl: Happy shooting!

5 Likes

Today I changed out the sling swivels on the Hi Point carbine by punching out the threaded inserts using a drift punch and then installing them on the right side of the stock so the sling can be mounted on the left side. Why Hi Points mounts the sling on the right side is beyond me. Next will be to work on the actual sling, have seen a couple that look like the ones we had for the MP-5s and M-4s I used to carry. Y’all be safe and have fun today

3 Likes

@TomT

There is always a WHY to answer when purchasing ‘any’ firearm! It is impossible almost not purchasing a gun/rifle without doing some kind of modification to make it one’s own? Everyone has their own preference as to how much money they are going to invest. My hobby is to start with an 80% receiver and have pride in my accomplishment when I achieve my goal of completion. If I do my ‘homework’ and take my time, my firearm is built to my specifications, and almost equal in cost to a fully equipped model (having all the bells and whistles.) I always go into a ‘project’ knowing that I am a NOVICE and there are ‘always’ mistakes that end up costing extra. Also, everone has to realize that ‘opinions’ cannot build a PERFECT WEAPON and it is important to place limits on what you are willing to put into it! Anytime there is ‘customization’ in any firearm, the value is based on your ‘love’ and ‘attachment’ of it, not what the market value is. That is what separates a hobbiest from a collector. :+1:

4 Likes

@TomT how hard is that to do?

DBM, are you asking about swapping the sling swivels to the proper side? Not hard at all. I used this youtube video as a go by: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdKSMRoD15M
I used a piece of tape on the drill bit as depth gauge flag when I drilled to front mount.
I used the MCARBO Hi Point Trigger spring replacement video to guide me when I replaced the trigger spring and it was fairly easy to do also. Any questions just ask and I will try to answer them
Tom

1 Like

@TomT- yup, you answered all of my questions in one post. Thanks, man.

1 Like

DBM You are most welcome. I may be little more then one of the NFGs here but I have learned over the years of helping people on motorcycle forums how and where to find stuff to help.
Tom

4 Likes

I have a box full of mistakes, poor judgements & things I just don’t like. That’s half the fun of getting it just like you want.

4 Likes

I have a box full of holster, gun belts and related stuff. I feel your pain
Tom

4 Likes

One man’s mistakes can be another’s treasure. I’m not above a swap and have traded some of those items for the stuff I wanted or needed. To the mutual benefit of both parties.

2 Likes