M*CARBO Brotherhood

My Glock 34 Gen4 M.O.S Build (USPSA)

Hi,
Im sure there are allot of Glock owners here on the forum. I was hoping someone can offer some advise on any modifications that would reduce the recoil.
Also interested in hearing about any other Glock34 mods, nothing crazy.
Thanks!

3 Likes

@louie088

I have played with a number of compensators and I believe a bettter choice would be a weighted mag well for your firearm.

4 Likes

I run the DPM anti recoil steel rod/springs in mine and has been reliable in the years I have shot it.

Not sure how significant the recoil reduction is but every little bit counts right?

4 Likes

My suggestion would be just shoot the shit out of it and then figure out what annoys you. You’ll be happier with the end result if you decide what you wish the pistol did better than just buying a shopping list recommend to you people that prpbably have different skill levels, use cases and preferences.

6 Likes

Thank you guys for the advice, much appreciated.
@Chris19d
@goretro77
@lonewolf
I did this this evening. Not planed but a friend offered the optic it for a price I couldn’t turn down.
Burris Fastfire2 $100

Cheers,
-Lou

7 Likes

Louie088,
Previous replies all offered great advice.
A tungsten guide rod with new spring would improve barrel flip over the factory rod/spring, improving perceived recoil and improving target re acquisition time.
A threaded barrel with compensator will also help. If going this route, get a better barrel since you are spending the $$$.
A magwell could also improve the balance of the weapon with the added bonus of making the gun look good.
Something else to consider is a new trigger spring kit from M Carbo. This upgrade is cheap, but makes a huge difference over the factory springs.
Good luck to you and happy shooting!

4 Likes

@Kruzman
Thank you for the suggestion! I took advantage of all the sales this weekend and got a heavy tungsten guide rod from the Glock store!
Cheers,
-Lou

2 Likes

Some of the best advice I have heard. If you can’t shoot the gun well to begin with, all the “add-ons” in the world aren’t going to change that. Though there is a place for cosmetic upgrades, you should be looking at what will help fine tune the weapon to get optimal performance for the way you shoot, where you shoot and why you shoot.

4 Likes

Thank you @Dane for your words of wisdom.

1 Like

Got the Taran Tactical Grand Master Connector Kit, installed it myself!!

3 Likes

@Chris19d, thanks again for the advise!! After about 1000 rounds I’m feeling like I could benefit from a lighter triger than the stock. Went for the TTI set. Much better!!
Loving it so far.
Cheers
Lou

2 Likes

Cool, glad the advice worked out for you. Good choice doing the work yourself, you learn a lot about how the gun actually functions and have a better understanding of what its actually doing if you take it a part and work on it.

4 Likes

@Chris19d for sure…I learned that Glocks are a really simple design! lol
Received and installed a tungsten guide rod also…Cant wait to get to the range!!

3 Likes

Got more Taran Tactical stuff for my Glock34+S2K set up. Will post picture soon…

2 Likes

Sweet looking G34. I have a baby Glock…G26 Gen4. Went with a Alph Wolf longer, threaded, fluted barrel and a cheap A2 to get more weight up front. It worked just fine. Easiest gun I’ve ever worked on and super reliable.

4 Likes

@MountainHunter thats awesome! I ended up installing a tungsten guide rod for some added weight up front, that might be something that can help you out too if you looking for extra added weight.

2 Likes

Really like a subcompact. Carried a 27 40cal for my duty gun. Dept let me trick it out with extended compensated barrel, also extended slide stop, slide release and mag release. After I retired I added an Orange County custom trigger system. Shorter trigger pull and reset, much lighter trigger pull and little muzzle rise.
Added a photo of it.

5 Likes

@Dane thats awesome for sure!

2 Likes

Here she is in all her glory!!
Taran Tactical +3/4 base pads, the flat black looks so awesome on the S2K. And the green in the G34, chu!!

3 Likes

Sweet looking Glock cousin! What kind of sights are you running?

I couldn’t shoot with the factory Glock sights…so I switched to Trijicon Tritium night sights…green on green in the tube…that helped. Now I’m going to try some Meprolight rear sights with orange in the Tritium tubes, and see if it defines the front sight better. Meprolight was the only company I found that offers a different Tritium rear sight gas color.

Baby Glocks are awesome and conceal well most of the year…and they can play with the all of the “Big Boy Glock” magazines.

I usually use the +2 extension…so 12+ 1 in the chamber is plenty…I hope!

I also have the 15 & 17 rd. Glock factory mags with X-grips…but usually don’t use them. Also have up to the 33 rd. Glock fun stick but I never use it!

@louie088 Hope it’s ok to show Glock cousins…”carry on”!

Almost forgot…H45 has something to say about these cousins in the same frame:

4 Likes