M*CARBO Brotherhood

My favorite Multi-Tool

The Leatherman Surge I got for Father’s Day years ago is always carried on me. I feel naked without honestly. If you haven’t tried one, I would highly recommend this tool. May cost a pretty penny, but this will last a lifetime, I am sure.

7 Likes

I bought the Wingman… really like it. Lots of great reviews as well.

4 Likes

Still haven’t gone for one of these yet, but I feel like there’s at least one in my future.

6 Likes

You won’t regret it.

5 Likes

This has been my EDC for a while now:

6 Likes

I was just looking at these. They are bad ass. Mine weighs seemingly 2 lbs -/+. A bit unwieldy, but that looks quick.

6 Likes

@AStartledGuy

It’s a really nice tool, not too heavy and the pocket clip works for me.

5 Likes

I have a Surge on the side of my Go Bag, but this is the multi I’ve carried (and have since I got out of boot) virtually everyday since April of 1990. I have used it to install ceiling fans to repair Bradley IFVs and everything in between. In '96 or '97 I left it on the fender of my '81 Mack Superliner and remembered it just in time to see it fall off and get run over by the rear trailer tires while hauling a 60,000 pound load of mud. I went back, picked up the pieces and sent it to Gerber. They straightened the frame, replaced the broken knife blade and re-blacked the tool at no charge and even covered the return shipping. They got a loyal customer not just for life. For Generations. All my kids get a Gerber for their 13th birthdays.
I’ve been married to my wife for 26 years. Been married to this tool for over 30.

8 Likes

I recall looking at them way back when they only had like two models (early-mid 90s?), easy choice but I never purchased one. Literally a month or so ago I started looking at them again and was a bit surprised to find the number of models they have now. Not so easy to choose anymore…

4 Likes

My Gerber Diesel. Best Multi Tool I’ve ever owned.

3 Likes

@chilipepper

Yup, when I bought mine it was just called Leatherman Tool.

7 Likes

That’s the one. :+1: There are so many to choose from now, I get the $hitz of comparing them and never end up buying one… :crazy_face:

4 Likes

@chilipepper
Tough to beat the original, many imitators out there but for me, I like the old school best.

5 Likes

Gerber makes (or made) excellent kitchen knives too!! When my mom leaves this earth I receive their complete knife set.

3 Likes

@Partsed hey Ed, let’s hope that doesn’t happen for a long time, but yes, I am familiar with Gerber’s kitchen line and it is extraordinary. God bless you and your Mom, (I lost mine in 2000 @54 y/o. Way too young.)

2 Likes

I used to have one just like that. One of my former shipmates decided he wanted it more than he thought I did so it disappeared out of my coveralls pocket one night.

2 Likes

Our multi tools definitely have some stories. Mine was lost in a company vehicle for nearly a year. I got it back when the company went under. Waaay under the seat. Thank god for how heavy it was.

3 Likes