M*CARBO Brotherhood

My Favorite Firearm Of 2018

Hi all! I thought since my new Sub2000 was in contention for being my favorite firearm acquisition of 2018, maybe some of you would enjoy this video. In it, I’m taking a look at all the firearms that joined my collection this year, and at the end I’m selecting my favorite. Be sure to let me know your thoughts (and YOUR picks after you watch).

Merry Christmas,
HRF

10 Likes

@hrfunk What a great video Howard, I really enjoyed watching it and I like your #1 pick…the M16A1 was the first firearm I shot in the Army and it does bring back memories. :+1:

5 Likes

Thank you Dave! It really is a great rifle.

HRF

5 Likes

Great Video, enjoyed watching. While back 10 well known shooters were asked: In a SHTF situation where you could only have one firearm, which one would you choose? Answer from 8 of them was the AR-15 in 5.56. Brother to the M16.

3 Likes

Thank you! You’ve got to love a good AR! Merry Christmas!

HRF

4 Likes

I wanna say that my Favorite Firearm of 2018 will be my Custom Ruger 10/22… However, I know that I will have the patience and not all of the money to finish. I guess we’ll have to post a new thread for My Favorite Firearm of 2019??? I am sure that it will be the CUSTOM hands down. I am sure that it will be my ‘only’ build for the year!!! :thinking:

2 Likes

A Star among us! And YouTube sensation!! Watched a few episodes and hit subscribe. Good show. Workin’ it Brother🤩

3 Likes

@Boomchucker

Ya know, work it til I 'own it !!! :joy:

1 Like

@hrfunk good video brother!

2 Likes

I really enjoyed your video! I subscribed to your channel last week. Thank you!!

2 Likes

That sounds like a good one! Be sure to let us all know how it turns out.

HRF

1 Like

Thank you for the sub Boomchucker!

2 Likes

Thanks Johnksg. Semper Fi!

2 Likes

Thank you for the sub goretro! and thanks to all of you for watching! This is a very friendly and accepting group! It is always with a sense of trepidation that I post my first video link in a new forum. Sometimes the reception I get is somewhat less gracious. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

6 Likes

@hrfunk

We have good moderators that keep it that way. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours as well Howard. :christmas_tree::gift::tada:

2 Likes

@hrfunk, well done. I look forward to more on your active threat response system development series. My Sub project was born of the same thinking - that is: having a long gun opens more options to stop a threat versus handgun with much more limited offensive potential.

I’m jelly of your police patch identification in your response plans. It is a solution unavailable to me so I have to exit the fight, carefully, as professional responders arrive. My plan is to inform 911 that I’m on scene and keep the line open - best way I can figure to establish that there is an armed, but hard headed, good guy on scene. I’m interested in your take on this part of my plan.

3 Likes

This is a hard answer. Personally, I feel that the more armed good guys there are in any setting, the safer everyone is. That said, lacking the blessing of some government entity, I think you are better off getting yourself and your loved ones out of harm’s way as quickly as possible. Intervention beyond that point opens you up to the “pandora’s box” of potential outcomes. A lot of what happens in the aftermath of one of these events is judged through the prism of 20/20 hindsight. This is a roll of the dice for LE personnel, let alone a private citizen (remember George Zimmerman?). Please don’t take this as a criticism, I applaud your willingness to take action to protect innocent people. I just don’t want to see anything bad happen to you as a result of your good intentions.

7 Likes

Thanks. I’m with you. And, I love everybody.

The “hard headed” in my initial response is my admission that I understand everybody involved is in a bad place. So, I’m left to communicate best I can which would be open line to 911, followed by exit carefully and gracefully (sub folded pushed or kicked along the ground with my hands visible and unthreatening while passing any actionable information I observed.

You reference Zimmerman - he was/is a clown and I would hate to behave in a manner that justified a comparison. Rather, Stephen Willeford’s actions directly influenced the birth of my project. He was able to stop a shooter from inflicting additional damage before (before is important) responders could arrive. While I may not have the confidence to pick of a bad guy in a crowd with my handgun, I will have much more confidence placing that shot with a long gun.

Best news is that I’m talking about preparation. I have been at events that included shootings (WDC in the 90s), but I have never seen the shooter. I expect that my Sub will never be deployed for its role, but iff it happens in my presence - I have a plan to execute.

4 Likes

I heartily agree with your assessment and it is very similar to what I teach in HGSC. In another thread we discussed first contact with LEOs. But another consideration is the political leanings and ambitions of the DA.

Once it enters the legal system your every action will be scrutinized and second guessed by people who most likely are unfamiliar with firearms and their use.

4 Likes

@hrfunk: Howard, watched the two videos on why you chose the S2K for an “active threat response”. Thank you brother!! You stated all of the reasons that I ultimately chose the S2K and upgraded it for a PDW. Even been thinking about purchasing an S2K in .40 S&W. It’s just nice to know that at 77 I haven’t lost all my tactical thinking. OBW, subscribed immediately. Keep rocking brother…HooYah!!

5 Likes