M*CARBO Brotherhood

My Dark Questions

I with you right up until the snakes. They freak me out. I dont mind them as long as they are behind about a inch of glass. I think a gator would be a great pet as a home protecter. chain a couple up in the backyard, probaly help with " those friggin squirells" too. lol

12 Likes

Snakes are easy brother, good pair of snake boots, dont reach down with your hand till you have put your foot on that spot. that way they hit tha boot first…
when i was younger (lot younger) three of us were sharing a off base place /crash pad right in the devils triangle on spruell ave in N Charleston. door had been pried open in that neighborhood so many times it was hard to shut.
one of the guys found a old aquarium in a junkstore with a lid, and I went out and caught a 3 ft canebrake rattlesnake.
we put some sand in the tank a hot rock, and some stones, put the snake in it, and locked the lid down. fed it mice, and we kept it for a month. made damn sure every one in the building saw it. say me feed it, then we put the word out that when we were gone, we let the snake loose in the apartment.
then i released the snake back out where we caught it. she was a fiesty lil bitch. :smiling_imp:
bought a realistic rubber snake at a hobby shop and put it in the tank which you could see from the the front window, whe we would TAD out, take the rubber snake out the tank and let it ride till we got back.
the 9 months we were there, that place never ever got broken in at all. ever, and we were in a n out of there a lot. when we deployed out we passed the place on with the snake legend, to a few brothers just gettin back from where we were going. far as i know they didnt get broken into either…

15 Likes

Ive watched a few specials on “titanboa” and these manics that hunt and jump on Anancondas. Man Im out, lol. they are my kryptonite. any thing else and I can try to shrug them off but snakes, Man Im looking around for Sameul Jackson like man your up. Get these snakes off of this plane.

11 Likes

all ya gotta do is is control the bitey bit :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:. constrictor or viper, if they cant bite they cant do crap. they just wiggley and heavy

10 Likes

Brother, it is really good that you reached out to this group. Do keep talking. I want you to go by your local law enforcement to get in contact with a local victims’ advocate. You might need to talk with a PD officer or a State Patrol or sheriff’s deputy before your make a connection to local resources, but know that the resources are there. I do local crisis management and peer support for local LE, and I know that a local personal contact is essential for you, so go for that if at all possible. The sleep issue, been there. So much is going on, you just gotta remember and be strengthened by all the support here for you. The sooner you get in touch with local remedies and resources is better so that you can get professional guidance and assistance. Some of the new treatments and steps will help to remove and restore, and equally important is to get started now to try keep it from becoming a permanent invasion in your daily life. Prayers for you and your recoveries.:pray: Reach out if you want to talk personally and privately.

17 Likes

Well said @Jorayo Welcome aboard

10 Likes

@Jorayo Welcome to the Hood and Good Advice!

10 Likes

@Jorayo Welcome to the Brotherhood Joel, and thank you for the guidance you gave to @Rob2.

Also stop by to say hello and introduce yourself to everyone here.

8 Likes

Every person is different. Each of us has a different response to various stimuli. Each person has to find it in themselves, their own way to move on. For some, it’s simply someone they can talk to. A friend, a brother, spouse, whatever. Others, a therapist. In no way would I EVER look at someone differently based on how they face each day, and what they do, to carry on in life. How can a shrink help? Here’s a suggestion, find one that used to be Military. The may not have walked in your shoes, but they have assisted others who may have, and possibly more so than your average therapist.

When all is said and done though, ANYONE you can talk to is good. I am prior military, Submarine forces. I would get on a cigar shaped tube of metal with a 100 or more other guys, and intentionally sink ourselves in salt water. Some say you have to be a few peas shy of a casserole to do that, but I feel the same of people who jump out of perfectly good airplanes. But, each of us is different.

So, whatever helps you face forward and move on, that’s the right way, If you try a path and it doesn’t work, try a different path.

13 Likes

@Jorayo Welcome to the Brotherhood.

9 Likes

You know the old saying " Why did god put gators on this earth ? " So you don’t have to hurt your back digging large holes ! Snakes & gators will only bite you when your careless but street rats & crack heads will attack you because you Might have something they want.

7 Likes

I’m neither prior military nor law enforcement, in fact I can say I’m a survivor of being a stupid ass doing stupid shit. This seems to be none of your fault really, I’m sure there is a little bit of why me? Just make sure when you go thru that, there’s a little bit of why me why was I spared? Life is very fragile like that and while the injury sucks, you are still here! Thank god I pray for your speedy recovery. Count the goodness in your life and like some of the fellas said one foot in front of the other​:muscle:t3::muscle:t3::muscle:t3:

9 Likes

I think if anyone can answer this or give some valuable insight on this it’s me. Back in Jan of 2011 I got shot by a smith 22 and for people who don’t know. When a 22 cal bullet punctures the skin it tends to bounce around especially if you panic like I did. But I was in the hospital for 5-6 months. Died 3 times in a month time frame. All together had 27 surgeries to correct what a tiny little bullet did. Had to learn everything all over again. How to walk how to eat and everything in between. I now in 2020 have a 5 year old daughter I have full custody of. Raising her by myself. I seriously think me getting shot changed my life for the better. I go through the thoughts of ptsd and have been diagnosed with it but I never served. I Am currently in training for a correctional officer but I don’t want this to be about me just was explaining my incident as little as possible but I hear you and understand what you are going through. You just have to find something you love to do or find something to keep yourself busy. Getting shot does not need to be a life ended for us survivors. For me ironically it’s guns. Shooting them modifying them. Buying them. Everything to do with guns I educate myself. Which some people think I’m insane due to a gun left me disabled for ten plus years but my accident was not a guns fault it was the idiot holding the gun. His story is he hit the slide lever to load the gun and it went off and hit me but everyone or anyone who knows guns knows it’s not possible. Especially on a gun that didn’t have any mechanism problems. But you live and learn. But sorry if I rambled but basically my advice to you is to find the thing that can keep you busy. If it’s dating or a career change or like me simply guns. Firing a gun at the range just puts me in a place where I’m 100% me and 100% focused. Find that thing in your life that can keep your mind off of negative things. Surround yourself with great people great friends. Trust me I know where you are coming from. Don’t let a bullet change you. Concur that moment and put it behind you. It’s not easy but what good thing in life is ever easy. Keep your head up and stay focused. Another thing you could try that helped me is god going to church. I was never a big believer until I was walking out of the hospital which I should of never did. But I beat it and I know for a fact without meeting you that you can beat this part of your life and pretty soon all this will be is a hazy memory.

15 Likes

There is a guy I used to work for He got transffered. same deal he got hit with a .22 on his buddies farm. He is the first one to ask how was I doing, of course I said fine. He looked me in the eye and said no, how are you doing. He actually understood me. A lot of you guys have given tons of good advice but until you experiance it you never will understand it. to all of you who have been there (i am actually surprised by the number) thank you. to everyone else Thank you. In my case. I know who did it and in all likley hood he will never have to answer for it. For me I have to find a way to make peace with it. I am a firm believer in Karma but I do hate waiting for her solutions. I remember the first time I ran into the guy after words. It was something else, I dont know how to explain it. I was so angry and wanted nothing but to take him down. But I didnt. For me it was enough that I felt he was very uncomfortble aswell. I moved and have done pretty well for myself since but he will always have that black smudge on him. I have bad days, you guys hear about them but I will move on and I will improve, He will just have to wait till the piper comes calling. Thank you Brothers for being there when I need to vent, I couldnt ask for better

15 Likes

If you look at the people who have survived a serious gun shot wound. You will see that they have better lives than before they were shot. I know 3. We all are doing good and have had blessing after blessing since then. Idk maybe god has a lot to do with it. In my case I think it was him telling me to slow down. Now I didn’t slow down per say but I have calmed down. I still live my life. I refuse to let a bullet control my life. Definitely don’t recommend it as a fix. It’s a horrible feeling and process. People say they feel a burning feeling but with mine and personally speaking is it felt more like a cramp a bad cramp. But I was shot in my stomach.

8 Likes

for me it was being hit with a hammer. then everything was a throbing numbness. I was asleep when I got hit so was in shock as I woke up. Funny thing is Im a prepper and have a full first aid kit about 6 feet from my bed. instead I shoved my hoodie into the hole. lol. I just knew I had to stop the bleeding. The responding officers couldnt believe I treated it myself and was still mobile. Its funny what our bodies can do when they have to

11 Likes

As a therapist rob what I can add is you already found your group its here with these men and brothers. Now ill be quiet like I was trained to do.

11 Likes

todays my 2 year anniversary. so far so good.

9 Likes

Wow.thats intense.i know EXACTLY what you are talking about with the shrinks.a counciler is better,butt a friend you can trust is best but I know they rarely exsist.ive never been shot,but I DO know the dark side of which you speak mate,I live it every day…been in counciling for a decade so I know how to deal with it better.you gotta look for the positive every day and don’t look backward for starters.hang tough dude,it’s a harsh ride,but you can email me and I will tell how to get in touch with me.I WILL talk to you! HELL I could be sitting behind that desk!

3 Likes

Boyyyyy.that would be a tough one! dang…but you are ABSOLUTELY right my friend! You are doing the right thing! NEVER,EVER,EVER! take vengeance into the own hands! Dude I almost(off subject)wasted a guy in 1997,had my cocked&locked1911 on the seat with 3 mags on the seat going to my wife’s work to meet the Dude that got her pregnant…that woulda been,like bad…ended up at LT.tyners house and said take this st and lock it up! VENGEANCE IS MINE SAYETH THE LORD his is far worse than anything you could do…plus KARMAS A BITCH! That is for ceartin and for sure! I wouldn’t wanna be within 50yrds of that ahole when the shoe drops!-and it will :skull_and_crossbones:

4 Likes