M*CARBO Brotherhood

My Dark Questions

Im fairly new to the brotherhood but have grown very fond of all off you. You guys steer me straight if I have questions about firearms. Ones I own now and ones I have on my wish list. I just looked at a old foreum talking about sunglasses. It went off onto beards, that seems to happen a lot here. lol. I noticed sometimes we are all very similar. A lot of you are ex police most are ex soldiers (Thank you for your service). I am not but. I feel very close to all off you, I have a question that might envolve all off us but I am nervous to ask because i dont want to a: bring back bad memories, 2:make anyone uncomfortable. Where is the line? what is to much to share on here. you guys seem like different versions of me. No Im not trying to suck up but we all have done different things. I guess i have to take a leap of faith. On march 10/19 I got shot. my mistake I went to bed early. I have everyone trying to pry into my life, asking questions and all of that. How do you move on? I hate that i have people digging who have no idea what its like. Im getting better but how is some shrink supposed to help me when they have no f ing idea what they are talking about.Its weird but I was fine for a while. Now im starting to sleep less and less. I just feel jumpy. protecting yourselve with a firearm is illegal in Canada and i would never break a law. But lets just say Im prepared. what should I do, Is this normal. I know I should never have said anything because now the RC’s are going to come knocking but I need help

15 Likes

I have never been through what you have gone through.

Though I have not been to a theripist and probably should, I understand it’s important to be honest with yourself which means being honest with them. Your conversation is supposed to be confidential. With the therapist you should be to say exactly what you feel without worrying that you’re going to hurt someone’s feelings, damage a relationship, or be penalized in any way.

There are therapists who specialize in different tramas so if you find yourself not feeling your current one, seek another with your trama type training.

Good luck!! You got this!!

12 Likes

Time. and moving fwd by putting one foot in front of the other. they will be days you curse the gods, and remember the impact. I still do many years later.
aint the worst thing that happened to me in my life, but still remember, and Xrays remind me of the shrapnel thats still there My star chart so to speak… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
remember , it aint how many times you get knocked down brother, its how you get back up, that counts… :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

14 Likes

As humans we’re all wired differently, what worked for me may not work for you. A support group of survivors might be a good start. Being shot sucks plain and simple, don’t let it ruin your life. You survived. Appreciate life and those you share it with. Yes, it is normal, the jumpy, I’m still jumpy. And a light sleeper. No questions or judgement from me, only wish you the best.

15 Likes

@Rob2 As all my Brothers have Commented above’ Nam was along time Ago for Me’ But we all have Our Scar’s of One Sort or another! I used to be one of the Worst for Dwelling on Shit’ for way too many years’ Tell Family and Friends ‘‘Discussion Closed’’ Then Try and Take it to Back Yard and Bury It,Fears Anger all the above’ Then Try and find a good Group or a One on One Type of Help,It may take a couple of times to find a good one and a Comfort Zone.
Hang in there’ and with time it will get better, Wishing you the best on this.

13 Likes

![016|666x500]I(upload://ySaRcU2n8IrE2SiL9MD7vPgILfO.jpeg) I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart. I drank a little too much last night(like I said, I dont sleep well). I was embarrassed that I shared too much and might be faced with ridicule. I am not one to talk about how I feel or what I think. the main reason why Im single, lol. I dont share because how to you explain to someone who has never been there. Im sorry for doubting you guys. This is hard because I cant explain what happened and refuse to say fate or any of that crap. What went down was . The crack house across the alley had something go down, I dont know what. The main guy fired a few shots of what turned out to be 7.62x39. he missed his target and hit my house and me. I heard the first shot and rolled over in bed. thats when I got hit. its funny but you really do go thru stages. i took it in the top of my shoulder and was bleedy like a pig. I have tons of supplies in my closet, I knew I had to stop the bleeding. I stuffed the hoody I was wearing into my arm. The bullet key holed me. Ill spare the rest but for what matters. i had a lot of people tell me i should be gone and Doc’s who cant explain how a rifle bullet tumbling thru a target doesnt hit bone or tendons or veins. but here i am. I have about 90% use of my arm. I am here today because I rolled when I did. Life is the fragile. Thank you for listening

13 Likes

Ill be happy when docters stop saying “oh, youre the one”

10 Likes

I used to feel self conscious when i would peel a wetsuit down, or tube down the edisto with my daughter, people would point, stare, whisper and pull their children close trying to figure out what i got into. bothered the kid. she finally realized what i had years ago.
the scars, mean you survived. despite the odds. hell i got to the point where when girlchild was younger(and me as well,LOL) i would dress up as Frankenstein at Halloween…

old and new trying to fix what got screwed up by the VA outsource 2 years ago.
front looks way worse. :crazy_face: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
now ive got to the point," if ya dont like seeing it, dont flipping look “with people at the water. time and attitude eases it down.
friend gave me a tee shirt years ago, caption was” bones mend, wounds heal,glory fades, but chicks will always dig scars."
I been vertical and waking on legs i cannot feel(no sensory) since 1994 when i got FUBAR. its all about attitude. you will have good days and bad days. hold onto the good ones.

11 Likes

I doubt many people realize how little protection the walls of their homes actually afford them.

Fortunately, that is something you are unlikely to find on this forum. It’s different here and I suspect one of the reason so many of us keep coming back. I also think, in our own way, we all strive to maintain it by the way we deal with each other. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think we’re all glad you did so. :+1:

This is true no matter who you are, where you are or what you’re doing. I suppose we’ve all been guilty of taking life for granted at one point or another in our lives, but it never ceases to amaze me how many people seem to do so every waking hour of every day. I’ve certainly never experience what you have but I do know the loss of others can have a way of putting things into perspective rather quickly. Life’s little way of giving a gut punch/reality check.

True, and we’d all likely do well to savor the good a bit more than maybe we do sometimes.

11 Likes

As a veteran struggling with PTSD the best thing you can do is keep talking about it. The more you talk about it the more rational it sounds and you wont feel so alienated.

16 Likes

@Rob2 Hang in there brother. You’ve come a long way with recovery. Everyone is here to support in any way possible. Rest up!

12 Likes

@Rob2 Hi Rob, Hope your day is going well. Just wanted to say
Thank You for reaching out to the community and Welcome here again!
You have helped us bond a little tighter and that’s a good thing all around. :muscle: :raised_hands: :+1: :grinning:

10 Likes

@MountainHunter Well said on the Above additional comments’ :+1: @Rob2
You Having ‘’ Nothing’’ to be Apologetic For on this Share! with the Brotherhood or Forum!
We have (Great Keepers) of the Hood/Monitors!! And Negative B.S. Somehow (Just never does make it to Print) Too Many of Us to Flag it !! Because we do Care here on this Brotherhood! :grin:

11 Likes

@DivaMarie jus dont ask me to sit in a circle brother and sing Kumbaya … got a voice like a bullfrawg in the bottom of a 50 gallon oil drum that just ate rocks… :smiling_imp: :crazy_face: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

12 Likes

I’d pay to see that. But honestly Buck, do you really think your singing voice is the only reason this shouldn’t happen? :grinning:

9 Likes

You guys are incredible. even some members of my family mocked me and had negative comments to say. when it first happened. I cant even remember how many times I was asked "so are you going to start wearing body armour now. And yes I have the proper permit to own and to be in possession of body armour but chose not too. I have to admit to pricing out enough ar500 steel to encase my bed though, the pure weight made it a no go. I chose to move, it was a lot cheaper. my point is Thank You. I took a chance and it paid off, I know I am a few keyboard strokes away from all the support I need and it means the world to me. Thank you Brothers

17 Likes

may i suggest something grey man and low key? watch the video :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

@chilipepper weeeeeeeellll Dave it could be my southern charm and rugged good looks , or beard envy,…
(i couldnt even type that with a straight face) keepin peoples from joinin in.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
@Rob2 till someone has walked in your shoes, theres nothing pertaining to your injuries they should even say. they hadnt been there. a lot of us have . Know exactly what your feeling. Time will ease it, but dont let it ease it to the point you become complacent . LOL I did that once. bout got my ass handed to me on my own front deck. sometimes i can be a slow learner…now the first thing on in the morning after tee shirt is my shoulder holster, and the last thing i take off at night is the shoulder holster. im more apt to forget my skivvies than strapping up.
also teaches you what gear is good, and whats for the on occasion shooter.
some people will be surprised and shocked. I bout made a political pollster crap himself
when i answered tha door a week ago, still strapped up carrying,OC in my home, his hands went up and he started babbling at 100 mph.
I was trying real hard not to laugh …

12 Likes

@goblin first off that backpack is awesome. here in Canada the rules are pretty clear, simply put home or self defense with a firearm is a strict no-no. even if you get aquitted (you will be charged), it is going to cripple you financially. for example we had in Okokotoks Alberta a rancher defend his property againest a career criminal. he fired a warning shot witch hit the human scum trying to rob him. Even his own lawyer said his only mistake was calling the rcmp. the puke that got shot then turned around and sued him for damages. fortuantly everyone in Alberta helpped him by statements of support or cash donations. that being said and there are many cases I could bring up. The best advice for anyone is learn the laws and find every loop hole. When Im in my truck. I have a shotgun not far from me. I follow every single rule but it is there and if I need it quick I have it. Now to be honest mainly its Bear or cougar, Im protecting myself and others againest but If I need it it is there. After I got shot it really opened my eyes to how messed up our society is. I was asked several times If I was getting rid of my Firearms, My responpse why the hell would I. Even the police after several stern warnings about if I decided to escalate with the person who shot me, Admitted that I was well with in the law and could keep all my property. That being said they did take a inventory of everything I owned. My problem is I view everyone as a threat now. Im very jumpy. Maybe I look at it the wrong way maybe I should call it street smarts. I must say though, I have seen a picture of you and the idea of seeing you in your skivvies is out right horrifying. lol. This world is so messed up I dont think we can be cautious enough

13 Likes

LOL here in tha lowcountry of South Carolina they gators in every puddle so to speak, the easy shoot shovel and shutup for taking out the garbage. Im lucky enough to live in a area thats not liked by the whole crackhead clan, it floods out from time to time.
rather put up with the snakes and gators than the crackheads and street rats.
the Jumpy-ness will pass brother. you have to watch it though it can easily turn to anger and rage, turn it into resolve.
South Carolina has a castle doctrine. if you used deadly force you will probably go to jail and have to obtain a shyster lawyer. its just to prove a clean shoot. do not shoot to wound shoot to eliminate. if you shoot to wound the DA will come out with then you wern’t in fear for your life.
and dont shoot the repo guy. ive been the repo guy.
your not looking at it wrong, your looking at it with clarity. every one is a threat until you dismiss them as being non threatening. called self preservation.

16 Likes