M*CARBO Brotherhood

Muzzle Brake Range Report

Hit the range with the new brake today. Conditions were indoors unbenched at 25 yards. Was pressed for time so only ran 100 rounds. Fit and finish were excellent. Machine work is high quality and polished. Threads very smooth. No issues no hang ups. Any perceived increase in noise was unremarkable. Recoil is drastically reduced even more from what it was previously. Mag dumped 30 rounds and was incredibly easy to stay on sight on target. Another home run from MCARBO so far. Have a lot more shooting to do but at this point I’m confident in MCARBO billing me for the brake and paying them. Will post a mag dump video shortly.

23 Likes

Chicks love mag dumps. Caught her next to me mirin! :joy::sunglasses:

24 Likes

Thats some sweet flat firing action there!

4 Likes

I thought it ran lights out before the brake with all the other MCARBO parts. The brake takes it even further. Don’t know how I went this long without it haha. Can’t wait for the trigger bar!

7 Likes

Ha! Nice work Kona - I knew you would be on this like a rat on a Cheeto!

Can you elaborate? Are you referring to recoil buffer or charging handle upgrades??

3 Likes

@TriggerHappy yea that little lifesaver recoil buffer really reduced the recoil. Combined with the brake it’s like shooting a .22 at this point. I really don’t see a need to try to reduce it any further at this point but if they make a reduced recoil 2 finger CH my hand will probably be forced haha

4 Likes

Okay - mine is almost bone stock so I will be evaluating the MB upgrade alone initially. I already have the buffer and the CH is in muh shoppin cart :+1:

3 Likes

I can’t wait to test my brake. Need my recalled SUB2000 back first, though. Kel-Tec has had it for well over two weeks now. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

How close are they to release? I know they gave these away for the contest I missed out on but are the winners just testing them or ready to ship for sale soon?

2 Likes

They want feed back to ensure they are making a quality part that is more than a cosmetic item.

1 Like

Heading to the range this morning going to shoot without the MB then with it to compare. Starting with 500 rounds of Federal champion 115gr FMJ. then 100 rounds of Federal 124gr HST(HP), and finally 50rds of Federal 124gr Hydra-shok (HP).I shoot 2 mags of fmj no MB then 2 mags with MB and compare how much recoil and muzzle rise I experience then repeat the process until out of ammo.IMG_20180507_040106612%20(640x480)

6 Likes

Heading to the range, should be back in a couple of hours. Will post my results on the MB.

5 Likes

Can’t wait to learn about your results! :sunglasses:

Sorry to hear about your sub2000. I would like you to take this to the Recall topic. Thank you. This is for the
Muzzle brake testing results.

Finally got home. I am so pumped by the results. I didn’t think there was a way to make my sub2000 any easier to shoot. I was wrong. The muzzle brake has reduced the felt recoil to the same level or less then my 22 rifle. The muzzle brake keeps the barrel in place and on target. I shot 2 17 Rd mags of 115 gr fmj without the brake then screwed it on ran 2 mags with it on. I didn’t bother to take it off after that. I finished shooting the FMJ and the HST. 600 Rds total. Chris you and the gang have hit another home run with the Muzzle brake. I will never take it off. I can’t think of anything else I can do to make it better. 1 thing highlight the front and rear sight to see it better. I wasn’t on my best game today with the new notch rear sight. I have another post in the lubrication topic. WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER.

9 Likes

@km55 did you loctite? Mine had some movement once the brake got hot and the loctite heated up. With the OEM long thread protector there isn’t much thread real estate. I put the brake on in a rush so that might contribute to the movement as well. I’m shooting again tonight and if there’s movement again I’m gonna redo it.

1 Like

No issue with it coming loose. Stayed in place the whole time. I like this range because they don’t have Range Nazis. I was able to shoot as fast as I liked. Shooting 9mm is lighter on the recoil and muzzle rise. That would help with the locking nut not backing off.

1 Like

No problem. KM55 was right that this just isn’t the place for that topic and I deleted my post, as well. I’m just chomping at the bit wanting to play along and report back on my muzzle brake…but I can’t… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So the muzzle break did seem to reduce some of the muzzle rise. I did not personally notice much recoil reduction; however, my S2K has the recoil buffer, heavy bolt, double finger charging handle all to add a little weight etc for reduced recoil (felt) also with the ATI butt pad, and of coarse trigger group amongst other mcarbo things. I had /have short video segments of without and with that I tried uploading yet I guess it will not allow me to upload my iPhone videos under the current format. I was only able to test 14 rds without and 36rds with as I had limited time. I just received this today and so far very pleased and looking forward to getting much more trigger time with it

6 Likes

To also note it is the .40. I am sure looking at the videos in slow mo that there is reduced recoil and it was evident of reduced rise. Again very pleased and it definitely holds up to the quality we have all become accustomed to with Mcarbo.

3 Likes