M*CARBO Brotherhood

Muzzle brake is it worth it?

Is it worth putting on a muzzle brake on the KS 7 or KSG? Does it Really help with the recoil? I have an extended butt pad on order.

6 Likes

@charlieboy Welcome to the Brotherhood. Can’t say one way or the other whether the recoil brake works on the shotty. But hell yes on the cool factor. :grinning:

6 Likes

Thumbs up on the muzzle brake cool factor! I shot the KS 7 for the 1st time yesterday. 2 low brass 2 3/4" #8 shot and 3 high brass 2 3/4" #5 shot. This Bullpup has a kick and I have a bruise to prove it. I have been shooting shotguns for decades so I am no Newbie. I enjoy this badboy Bullpup. Can’t wait to get my eyes and the sights on target to my satisfaction.

4 Likes

I put one on the PMR-30 and I miss that giant fireball coming out, gets others at range wondering WTH is that!!

4 Likes

@charlieboy welcome to the forum

2 Likes

Thanks and thumbs-up to the Irish!

3 Likes

@charlieboy thanks charlie

2 Likes

Irish yes! Nearly 100% Irish here.

2 Likes

Irish, Scot and Norwegian…Viking raiders I guess. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@charlieboy just keep the brits out

1 Like

:+1: :+1: :+1: Bingo on that!

1 Like

Here is the “skeleton” muzzle brake on the PMR-30, with a 1/4"x24 to 3/8" x 28 adapter.

1 Like

@smokinJoe

Why? Was there recoil needing mitigation? Did the guy in the next lane flag you? Do you enjoy blinding muzzle flash?

You strike me as a conservative type. That’s an all flash mod if I’ve ever seen one. I think it looks awesome. But I wouldn’t run it that way much past the oohs and aahs.

1 Like

This is a fun gun, like the S2K. It does shoot decent groups, but it’s all about fun. I’m not a competitive shooter nor take it to a “bullseye” only level, I shoot some guns for fun and some for serious. I don’t care what people in other lanes think or do with their time and money, it’s all about me and my enjoyment.
If I’m being "serious’ then it’s the Glock 21 and the M1garand, those I shoot for bullseye’s and serious aiming.
Kel-tec’s are stress relievers and are fun to play with and shoot. I would not take one into the “wild” and depend on it, I’d go to an AR for that, something can be stripped down and cleaned and reassembled on a tree stump.

1 Like