M*CARBO Brotherhood

Multi Mag to Glock Conversion - Required Parts?

hey folks - having a lot of fun with my s2k 9mm multi mag, but i’d like to pose a question for the more knowledgeable owners here:

If I’d like to convert my 9mm multi mag to a Glock 17 (realizing that the 19 version allows nearly all mags due to the shorter grip), what parts are required?

Am I correct to assume just s2k-410, L&R Grip ($50) and s2k-205, Glock Mag Catch ($7)?

tia,

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

2 Likes

Yes, but …

Last word was: no more gen 2 threaded collar nuts available. This may also mean they are going to send newest style grip halves. If you get the newest grip halves you will also need the newest collar nut and a replacement bolt tube sleeve if you run one (needs to be .25" longer for newest setup).

4 Likes

@linux_author
You will probably also need a collar nut, you should ask and complain to keltec, I think if enough of us complain, they will fix it, I already complained to Ericka.:confounded::triumph::sob:

2 Likes

That’s an excellent point. Maybe they still have the old style receiver halves in stock. I’d call and ask first. I do not like the look of that new collar nut design at all.

2 Likes

tks - although i am somewhat confused - my s2k is the latest version AFAIK

so the Glock version has different grip halves (obviously), but also requires a new bolt sleeve (a serial-number item) and ‘collar nut’ (s2k-148)?

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

1 Like

FYI It does not require a new bolt tube if that’s what you mean about bolt sleeve, the bolt tube can stay for any change to the s2k. it’s really not that hard to change, the only thing is the collar nut, do you have the twist on collar nut or the threaded one?

1 Like

good question - i’m going to assume it’s the latest (threaded?)

sheesh - some of the stories from owners about this nut - especially the ‘earlier’ version - makes for an interesting read!

didn’t realize that Kel-Tec uses the permanent loctite… and now i know why M*CARBO offers it:

:slight_smile:

willie
on the ‘learning something every day’ Gulf of Mexico

3 Likes

Eh, just clean up the parts well and apply a bead liberally around the receiver halves. Screw/push it on nice and tight. Wipe up any excess that oozes out. I’ve had my collar nut off twice for MCARBO part installs and it’s never come off on its own after being reinstalled. :+1:

4 Likes

@linux_author if you have the latest, it would be a plastic collar nut and if this is the case, you wouldn’t have to worry about getting another collar nut, if you post pics, we can confirm whether it’s the new one or old one. @Wedge, I’ve had mine come lose during a range session when I didn’t apply enough loctite I guess? I’ve been putting a generous amount since and it has not budged…

3 Likes

Yeah, I pretty much goop it on and wipe off the excess. IMO, the more under the collar, the better and the MCARBO wrench makes cracking it off in the future, if needed, a no brainer.

4 Likes

Yes, I did scratch up the bolt tube with the wrench the last time I took it apart… :persevere:

3 Likes

With the MCARBO wrench? I’m pretty ham fisted at times and even I managed to not scratch my bolt tube. But, if I did, oh well… Just throw an MCARBO tube cover on it. LOL

2 Likes

I switched mine from multi to glock, it was easy enough to be fun. Get the screw and pin set from carbo, extended release, and be careful of the mag release spring and the snap spring on the plastic pin that holds the grip together.
If you lose either spring, a spring from under the wheel of a bic lighter, cut to fit, works like a charm.

3 Likes

Hi Willie, sorry to say but you will not be able to make that conversion. The reason that there are two separate magazine platforms, is because Glock magazines use a different feed angle and as the grip is the magazine housing as well, it is at a different angle to the receiver as a result.

Doug

1 Like

It is possible, you will just need to order the glock 17 or 19 receiver halves from keltecweapons.com.

2 Likes

Well ya know… I suppose if you wanted to make a permanent conversion… Speaking as a gunsmith of 50 years experience, I can only say that Keltec versus traditional firearms is like the land of Make-Believe. Just taking it apart once is a sad story, repetitive times will only result in future breakage at some point and to try to swap back and forth Mattel Receiver Halves to facilitate magazine changes is beyond comprehension. It would be far better to just buy a Glock, set it up once and leave it alone.

Just my two cents worth :slight_smile:

1 Like

tks… some interesting responses here… and yes, i realize that doing a conversion using parts is not a great solution… i’m more than happy with my multi mag version, but thought i’d posit the question…

my take so far:

1. yes, you can do it - just get Glock halves and m*carbo extended release
  2. no, you’ll run into problems with old vs new halves
  3. no, you may run into threaded vs non-threaded collar nuts
  4. yes, it’s easy
  5. yes, you can do it, but the metal and plastic broomstick carbine is going to eventually go tango-uniform

i think that if i want a Glock version, i’ll just get one… but will stick w/9mm… i bought this weapon as a complement to my Browning Hi-Power and Charter 9mm Pitbull - life is good!

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

4 Likes

It’s not that doom and gloom. Taking it apart and putting it back together is easy. I’ve had mine apart a couple of times to install MCARBO parts and nothing bad has happened. Others have had theirs apart ten times or more without the thing suddenly crumbling or falling apart. And, what about Chris and the rest of the MCARBO gang? Imagine how many times they’ve had theirs opened up testing various iterations of new parts. He’s never reported any types of failures like that.

3 Likes

How much experience do you have with the s2k? Are you aware of the internal workings? The sub is a different animal and I take down my firearms all the time, whether it be for cleaning or parts install, I have never had any issues with it, there is little to no risk (if you are competent with a screw driver) to replace the grip halves, and I’m quite certain if you don’t feel secure doing it yourself, keltec will do it for you for a small fee, they will even install the mcarbo parts for you, that’s why I like keltec, they don’t really have a stick up their butts about upgrading parts. If you do happen to do something wrong, you can get the parts directly from keltec as long as you don’t destroy or mangle the bolt tube (which is the serialized part) and the barrel, apparently if you contact keltec, they will refer you to the manufacturer of said barrel. It is very low risk and if you happen to mess up or have something wrong, I’m sure you can get an answer here. :grin:

3 Likes

All good responses Willie and you’re on the right track. The threaded versus non-threaded is a non-issue, swapping the plastic fantastic parts are compatible with the barrel and tube, only old versus new you will probably have are with Pre- S2K versus S2K, as far as the extended release goes, you should switch all of the garbage KT innards for MCARBO parts anyway. The REAL issue is that taking it apart more than once in a lifetime is a joke and taking it apart multiple times will eventually result in the original interference fit going away and halves cracking and breaking over time. Simply put; I just wouldn’t do it.