More Bad News has arrived

CNN noted that the National Archives, which collects and sorts presidential material, has already stated that “at least 15 boxes of White House records were recovered from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort – including some that were classified.”
However, in an interview with Breitbart News’s Kristina Wong, Kash Patel, a former top Trump administration official, said the claims that “classified materials were found at Mar-a-Lago are misleading” since the “documents were actually already declassified by then-President Donald Trump, but the classification markings had not been updated.”

If anyone wonders, the President has the highest classification/declassification power.

4 Likes

Under the Presidential Records Act, presidential records are public property. Presidents are obliged to store them properly, and not to destroy them.

The act defines a presidential records as “any documentary materials relating to the political activities of the President or members of the President’s staff” — a broad definition which could cover huge amounts of material, from formal records of meetings to scribbled notes. There is an exemption for records deemed strictly personal.

The act was passed in 1978, six years after the Watergate scandal in which former President Richard Nixon attempted to destroy tapes of White House conversations.

Presidents, as well as White House staff, are expected to preserve documents they receive while in office and to give them to NARA when their presidency ends. They are forbidden under the act from destroying or mishandling records.

2 Likes

You mean like Hillary did.

5 Likes

She wasn’t a president…:face_with_monocle:

Cover y’all’s eyes…

7 Likes

Got the REAL time? Anybody? :face_with_monocle::person_shrugging::grin:

Just wow…

Can’t even have safe youth sporting anymore

2 Likes

Boy that gets the Blood Boiling first Thing in AM
I Guess the’‘Underwater Sewing Class’’ Wins Again.

6 Likes

@MountainHunter

She WAS Secretary of State. Pretty sure that would qualify as presidential staff. Not that I care about Trump in the least bit.

1 Like

IMO that position is part of the cabinet, of the US government. But not presidential staff.
Otherwise any mail carrier would be “presidential staff”.

Also pretty sure that mail carriers aren’t nominated by POTUS and confirmed by Congress. Hard to equate the two. But please don’t put me in a position to defend Trump.

1 Like

A lot of other people get the jobs the same way. Federal judges, Supreme Court judges, Generals and Admirals…
List of positions filled by presidential appointment with Senate confirmation - Wikipedia
Note that there is specific “Executive Office of the President”:
Executive Office of the President of the United States - Wikipedia
Or even a more restricted one, “White House Office”:
White House Office - Wikipedia

2 Likes

Maybe. But it looks as though the Department of State IS subject to the National Records Act. So what records did she destroy, and was she legal in doing it?

Kinda shady.

https://foia.state.gov/Learn/RecordsManagement.aspx

But of course the FBI wouldn’t investigate it. Or Hunters lap top. Or what Joe knew and when.

But they will raid Mar A Lago…

And now I’m defending Trump. Grrrr.

DeSantis 2024.

4 Likes

Personally, I don’t believe you owe any person an apology for any of that truthful information.!
Larry

7 Likes

That’s a different story. Definitely not legal to destroy government records, no matter where in government one works.
PS: I don’t see the MountainHunter posts, because I blocked him, so I might be off in my responses to you.

2 Likes

The fat lady bleached 33,000 e-mails when they tried to find them, Hunters still on the loose!

5 Likes

To be honest I voted for Jill Stein. I would never vote for a Democrat or Republican again…unless they promise to STOP all robocalls…:grin:

1 Like
2 Likes

And now his words will most likely be used against him…

Iowa in 2016, Trump said, “If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”

1 Like

Are you freaking kidding me right now?!?
Langya vs. Nipah: China’s New Virus Spread by Shrews Has a Deadly Relative (msn.com)

2 Likes