More Bad News has arrived

Why do they need ANY ammo? A hundred rounds would be rediculous.

3 Likes

The America of today:

1 Like

Commentary

A favorite game of politicians, when reality does not conform to the facts they want, is to simply redefine reality.

Democrats want big government, a lot of spending and taxation, the former of which we are now paying for in inflation, so the new strategy of Democrats is to now claim that spending and taxes reduce inflation.

We now have the Senate moving legislation with a price tag of $433 billion in new spending and $327 billion in new taxes, and it’s called the Inflation Reduction Act.

It’s like McDonald’s serving up a new Big Mac with more beef, more cheese, and more sauce, and calling it the Weight Watchers Special.

Our president and Congress are imploding in the polls, and what we get from them are word games.

A commonly accepted definition of recession is two consecutive quarters of economic contraction.

The Commerce Department just reported that the U.S. economy contracted 0.9 percent in the second quarter. This follows a contraction of 1.6 percent in the first quarter.

Recession?

Our president says no way. Our Treasury Secretary, Janet Yellen, who apologized recently for being wrong last year, denying that inflation was on its way, held what the press called a “rare stand-alone news conference” at the Treasury Department, to assure us we are not in a recession.

It’s reminiscent of comedian Groucho Marx, who quipped, “Who are you going to believe—me or your own eyes?”

On a similar note, the House has passed the Respect for Marriage Act, which now will be considered in the Senate.

The Respect for Marriage Act would codify into federal law the legality of same-sex marriage.

This is in reaction to a note by Supreme Court Associate Justice Clarence Thomas in his concurrent opinion in the recent Dobbs decision overturning Roe v. Wade, suggesting that the Obergefell decision, in which the court legalized same-sex marriage in 2015, should be readdressed.

Why is this called the Respect for Marriage Act and not called the Redefine Marriage Act?

It’s simply more of the Washington word-game culture, which we now see in government spending and taxing suddenly being about reducing inflation, and consecutive quarters of economic contraction not necessarily being about recession.

To call this legislation the Redefine Marriage Act would be honest, something simply unheard of in Washington.

It is important for same-sex marriage advocates to call this the Respect for Marriage Act, because this suggests that, for those few thousand years in which no one questioned that marriage is between a man and woman, we disrespected marriage.

Now, in our new enlightened age, we understand the truth that marriage includes vows between individuals of the same sex, and thus we now respect this sacred institution.

A recent New York Times poll indicated just 13 percent of Americans are happy with how things are going in our country.

It’s not such a great surprise. Why are Americans so dissatisfied?

Squared away lady I think.

Star Parker :+1:

4 Likes

Oh BS! He’s far more interested in hiding evidence on hunter’s laptop and keeping his own worthless ass out of the fire over his treasonous shenanigans that involve him AND hunter biden re: the sale of Burisma

Which is something I bet you will never see mentioned on huff post…

1 Like

Celente is my man…:face_with_monocle: “The whole game is rigged” :sunglasses:

Speaking of REAL fires….:fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

I disagree. Ignoring oppositional or controversial posts is one thing. Ignoring a troll is something entirely different and who shall not be named is a troll, end of story.

2 Likes

Completed Ignore process.

FJB

2 Likes

This seemed more bad news then funny joke :joy:

9 Likes

But She Promised Me! Newbie in Country :rofl:

5 Likes

I’m sure 5 dolla GI bang bang. don’t get as much as it use to. :wink:

Larry

6 Likes

Olivia Newton-John Dies of Breast Cancer at 73 (people.com)

3 Likes

China Locks Down World’s Largest Wholesale Hub, South China Sea Port Due to New COVID-19 Outbreak

By Alex Wu

August 7, 2022 Updated: August 7, 2022

The Chinese communist regime has put the world largest wholesale hub, Yiwu city in east China, under semi lockdown due to a new outbreak of COVID-19. Meanwhile, “China’s Hawaii” in the South China Sea has also locked down due to a sudden outbreak. The new lockdowns have renewed concerns for disruptions to global trade and supply chains.

According to official data, since new infections were reported on Aug. 2, COVID-19 has quickly spread in Yiwu, a city of 1.85 million, and to many neighboring counties and cities. A total of 135 cases were officially reported a few days later by Aug. 4.

Since the beginning of the pandemic, the Chinese regime has concealed the real scale of its local outbreaks and being suspected by the outside world for underreporting the number of cases in the country.

The rapid spread in this wave of COVID-19 infections in the city is caused by the more infectious Omicron variant BA.5.2.

Yiwu authorities ordered a series of control measures on Aug. 4, putting the city in an indefinite semi-lockdown status. All residents are required to take COVID-19 PCR tests, are prohibited from entering and leaving their residential communities unless deemed necessary by the authorities; and must hold a negative COVID-19 test result from within the last 24 hours to enter a public place. Meanwhile, public transportation and non-essential services have been suspended, and most tourist areas are closed.

I see pelosie written all over this BS.

4 Likes

4 Likes

When the Judicial Branch of Government becomes partisan, and no longer observes fidelity to the equal application of law and the Constitution, this Country as we know it ceases to exist.

The FBI has had the Hunter Biden laptop for years. They know who the “Big Guy” is. They know the family is selling our country to the highest bidder. Where are those search warrants?

They do not exist. Instead, the judicial machinery has been weaponized against a former, and potential future, President of the United States. Why? You know the answer. Trump is a bellicose narcissist, and I don’t much care for him as a person. But he has demonstrated his belief in and concern for the needs of the average American as opposed to those of the elites. And the elites are determined to destroy him for that. Once that is done, they will focus on destroying the rest of us (with one notable exception) who think and act independently – because we are a threat to the power they seek. Witness the January 6 prosecutions.

I know this post probably violates Forum guidelines and I therefor apologize in advance. Please feel free to delete.

9 Likes

Ummm…

3 Likes

Sounds like an inside job to me. :face_with_monocle:

9 Likes

FBI Raids Former President Donald Trump’s Home

Hillary bleaches 33,000 emails after they were subpoenaed by Congress: no problem.
It’s (D)ifferent.

5 Likes

Pass the “political popcorn”…:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: and/or “kick-scream-cry” :sob::sob::sob::sob:

1 Like