More Bad News has arrived

RIP Remo Williams…

10 Likes

10 Likes

Some people never learn…from the Sacramento Bee…

Gov. Gavin Newsom’s new budget proposal suggests California could close three more prisons in the next three years.

Citing reductions in the number of people in prison, Newsom’s new budget proposal says it “may be possible” to close three additional prisons by the fiscal year that ends in June 2025.

Newsom’s administration closed one state prison — Deuel Vocational Institution in Tracy — last year, reducing the number to 34. The governor has been trying to shut a second, California Correctional Institution in Susanville, but its closure is tied up in court.

Newsom’s new budget proposal said the state prison population stood at about 96,600 at the end of April, down 3% from December. The Governor’s Office projects the population will drop to about 95,600 by 2025.

8 Likes

Crime must be way down, right? :flushed:

8 Likes

Riiiight, way down. Since they raised the amount of retail theft to constitute a crime, stopped prosecuting violent crime against citizens and allow smash and grab theft. And it’s also notable fentanyl is rampant in sanctuary cities like San Francisco and their open gallery drug policies.

9 Likes

It’s only a matter of time before they self destruct. Walgreens is closing stores in SF because of theft and Charles Schwab has left the building. My brother lived in the bay area for over 30 years. He left and moved up near the Oregon border. I know why but he would never admit it because he’s a full on leftist. in 2010 when our dad passed he came to Fl. for the funeral and internment at the vet cemetery in Bushnell. On the way home Obamacare came up in our discussion of things because we hadn’t physically seen each other since 1995. I stopped that dead in its’ track by telling him if we want to remain brothers who still occasionally speak to each other then we do not discuss politics in any way, shape or form. It’s never come up again.

8 Likes

Whoa Johnny’s sprung a leak…:scream::smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

When you gotta go, you gotta go lol

3 Likes

An interesting perspective from an English journalist regarding recent events… either read the whole piece, or none of it. He makes some rather interesting points… there is really no “more gun control is needed” language at all. He understands firearms are part of the U.S. culture and aren’t going to go away.

4 Likes

Orange County shooting, is that a supposedly reasonable safezone for gun control? If so would it have made a difference if they had carry permits, just asking as your US gun controls are mixed and i cant work out whats where.
Gonna cause a s#!t storm here with this question, but why can’t the US standardise gun ownership across the country?

2 Likes

Great aim, now johnny cash gets to piss on everyone too from a great height just like the fed, guess the song is relevent.

2 Likes

The simple answer to that is in our country’s origins. After we gave you guys the boot, the states were not interested in the central government holding any kind of ultimate power over them. That said, the reality is now that in many cases the federal government actually does.

This also relates to the current big stink over Roe vs. Wade, the potential overturning of which only sends the power to legislate abortion back to the states, it doesn’t outlaw abortions immediately as the left would have everyone believe. Even their darling Ruth Bader Ginsburg knew this and said as much…but liberals only hear what they want, they don’t listen. Hence the irony of “Ruth Sent Us”, it’s lost on them…

He might make some good points, but of all people it had to be Piers Morgan (pains me to agree with him, but I suppose that’s my problem to deal with)…or maybe he’s not as big of a putz as he used to be, I dunno…

I actually liked that movie… :grinning:

6 Likes

Take it from an English person, Peers Morgan is an arse, unpopular opinionated, wrong,and still an arse

8 Likes

Morgan has made a 180 degree turn around since he’s been hired by Fox. Funny how that works. Just follow the money. Everyone has a price.

FJB

4 Likes

Glad my daily is a 4 cylinder Subaru…AWD PZEV…:+1::sunglasses:

2 Likes
2 Likes

This is very similar to what happened with the 2018 Parkland HS shooter in Fl. The FBI was warned twice about that psycho before he killed 17 people and they did absolutely nothing. Why weren’t they called out for that? (I think most here know the answer)

3 Likes

6 Likes

Who’d ever guess there was such a thing…

Hawaii’s ongoing battle with thousands of feral chickens continues — and written testimonies and reports from local news outlets suggest it’s not going very well.

The Associated Press reported that in the past two months, the city and County of Honolulu set traps in five areas and have caught just 67 chickens, costing $7,000. That amounts to $104 per bird. The Associated Press says that catching chickens is costly because the traps are being vandalized and stolen, though it’s unclear who’s damaging them and why. Now, city officials are trying to address the public’s desperate pleas for help while figuring out a cost-effective solution.

The problem is so dire that a bill introduced in the Hawaii State Legislature sought to establish a state-funded program to address the feral chickens. Unfortunately for Oahu’s chicken-plagued residents, however, Senate Bill 2195 failed to advance.

10 Likes

Wow! A White male. How rare.

7 Likes