More Bad News has arrived

Gettr platform seems like is not what it claims to be (independent of big tech):

What are you really getting with GETTR? (substack.com)

3 Likes

I am a little surprised anyone actually thought it would be. Trust no one.

5 Likes

More student walkouts planned for today…

Chicago students are also requesting a say in how things progress and demand officials apologize for comments made about educators.

1 Like

Package lost “in the mail”? If it is coming from California ports, it might be here:
Continuous Train burglaries in LA on the police scanners, there’s looted packages as far as the eye can see. Amazon packages, UPS boxes, unused Covid tests, fishing lures, epi pens. Cargo containers left busted open on trains.

3 Likes

This has been happen in the Cicero yard for decades now. It has just gotten easier with more and more containers around.
One guy gets in the yard and jumps a flatbed car w/ containers on it and cuts the locks/seals. Hold the door closed till you get through the train gate and start tossing packages to others and jump off before the train gets going to fast.

The containers already open may have been scouted and nothing good found, or the seals/locks were never secured or broken.

2 Likes

Thieves Raiding Cargo Containers, Stealing Packages On Downtown Section Of Union Pacific Train Tracks – CBS Los Angeles (cbslocal.com)

2 Likes

Uh-oh. Is this any opener?

2 Likes

DO we really believe the teachers and school administrators are not involved in this walk out crap. Look at the locations.
Larry

5 Likes

You can 100% bet the teacher unions are involved. I know there is a severe teacher shortage and they have the school boards by the short hairs but I’d be willing to bet things would change in a hurry if they were fired. They are using Covid as an excuse to stay home and get paid, end of story.

5 Likes

Congress distributed KN95 masks with a stamp that reads “Made in China” to members of the House of Representatives. The masks’ origin renewed concerns among lawmakers about America’s dependence on Chinese personal protective equipment (PPE).

SAN MATEO, Calif. (KGO) – San Mateo County workers are scrambling to clean up a mess uncovered by the ABC7 I-Team. More than $10 million worth of precious personal protective equipment-- purchased with your tax dollars - was left outside in the rain.

We all know how important masks, hospital gowns, and other protective gear are, as the COVID pandemic surges yet again.

This seems hard to believe, but top county officials didn’t know that thousands of boxes of PPE were moved outside and forgotten for months until the I-Team told them.

8 Likes

They are using Covid as an excuse to stay home and get paid, end of story.

Larry :+1:

4 Likes

Actually in Chicago (I came from the Chicago Public system, fyi) the students are demanding a say in the negotiations between the Teachers Union and city officials. They are tired of being “caught in the middle” and want the city to apologize to the teachers and staff of the CPS for their comments in recent meetings. That’s the students angle…
As for the teachers, same demands, different day…

Couldn’t say much about other locations that this is happening, but it’s been going on all week all over the country.

2 Likes

OK, lets give the government to the children, Hell probably do just as good as the current administration.

4 Likes

Actually, it’s more of a “labor vs management” dispute that the customers having gotten involved in for being jerked around for so long.

1 Like

Haven’t seen the word “good” in the same sentence as “the current administration” in a long time.

4 Likes

I not disagreeing with you or others. Quite a few should be fired.

Let’s say 1/2 of the staff gets terminated…we now need approx 14,000 staff members just for Chicago alone. Not an easy number to fill right now in an already messed up system.

1 Like

I think firing some would send a message and put an end to their crap. If not they can go flip burgers at Mickey Ds. They don’t GAF about the kids.

4 Likes

I agree with the terminations.

But when you say “They…” that’s a broad brush to paint with. All I’m saying is some do care…
I wouldn’t be what I am without CPS teachers for elementary school.
And I’ve gone on to hold DOD and DOE mid level security clearances.

From a few days ago…

“ Neither is about 16 percent of CPS staff. That’s how many educators and staff showed up at city public schools Monday on the second week of the union’s in-person learning boycott that City Hall considers an “illegal strike,” district officials said.

And CTU officials are collecting a list of scabs, and threatening teachers who show up at schools with yet-to-be-determined punishment.”

2 Likes

But if you cut off their pay when they don’t show up AND deny unemployment and welfare you would have them lining up for a teaching position. They can either EARN a living or starve!

3 Likes

Some districts are already working through it….

Other districts have/are implementing this strategy.

2 Likes