More Bad News has arrived

Suspect in Monterey Park Mass Shooting Found Dead in Van, Identified as Elderly Asian Man

The driver of a white van who is the suspected shooter in Saturday’s Monterey Park mass shooting has been found dead from an alleged self-inflicted gunshot wound after being cornered by authorities in Torrance on Sunday.

Police sandwiched the driver and van with tactical vehicles and bomb squad trucks after pursuing the driver into a shopping center and hearing a gunshot from inside the van, Los Angeles County Sheriff Robert Luna said in an update on Sunday evening.

After awaiting further support from SWAT, officers then moved in on the van to find one driver deceased, slumped over the steering wheel.

Authorities identified the suspect as 72-year-old Huu Can Tran.

Luna said that “several pieces of evidence” that police found inside the van have linked the vehicle and its driver to the Monterey Park shooting and a second incident.

A day earlier, witnesses said that a shooter opened fire at the Star Dance Studio on West Garvey Avenue in Monterey Park near the end of that day’s Lunar New Year celebration, killing 10 likely patrons and injuring at least 10 more, triggering a manhunt.

Luna said in a tweet on Jan. 22: “My thoughts and prayers are with those affected by last night’s shooting in the @CityofMPK. On behalf of @LASDHQ I offer my most sincere condolescences to the victim’s families. I stand in solidarity with the AAPI community and will work tirelessly to bring justice to the victims.”

The wounded were taken to local hospitals, with seven remaining in hospital as of Sunday evening, the sheriff said in an update.

Chester Chong, a community leader in the Chinese Chamber of Commerce, told ABC7 that the suspect’s wife was invited to the dance studio event without him, saying that jealousy could be involved in the tragedy.

Investigators have yet to comment on a possible motive.
END
Larry

8 Likes

Its allways tragic when these shootings happen. I just hate how they immediately attack gun owners and start talkin about hate crimes and right wing extremists. Then less then a day later its allmost allways proven to be something else. First "news"about this shooting they went straight to talkin about guns are bad and auto weapons and hate crimes. Then they found a older asian man with a pistol who shot at some other asians because of jealousy. Then soon as its proven to not be a “right wing” attack by some “gun nut” with “automatic assault rifles” the “news” coverage seems to just disappear.

10 Likes

When it doesn’t fit their narrative, the press decides not to narrate. Sadly, a lot of sheeple can’t or won’t see this.

10 Likes

That’s the point. Sensationalize it to. Make the drones picture a redneck with an AR then when the facts come out ignore the story so the last thought people have us that fictional redneck with his fictional full auto weapon shooting out 30 clip rounds (as Biden said once).

3 Likes

Accuse your opposition of that which you are guilty of

6 Likes
2 Likes

7 Likes

Juat seen news of another “mass” shooting near LA komifornia. By another old asian man shooting other old asians with 8 dead on this shooting. Said he was disgruntled employee. Then the man drove to police station and turned himself in. And a school shooting in des moines where a kid cut off his ankle monitor 15 minutes before he did the shooting leaving 2 dead.

3 Likes

Those gun restrictions are working pretty well, eh?

6 Likes

And like most states very few of these cases make the news. You dont ever hear about the 20 or 30 “regular” shootings that happen allmost daily in all inner cities. Mostly youthes runnin around “gangbangin” and think its cool and think there tough. I know down around where my dad lives in high point guilford county nc you hear the gun shots and the cop cars allmost every minute of the day. But never any news coverage. I have a good friend down there who worked with me and my dad for years. His son was shot and killed in a hold up several years back. Wasnt news worthy and still to this day there isnt a suspect or anyone ever arrested for the crime.

6 Likes

Arresting them does no good if some woke District Attorney is just going to cut them loose. These hoodlums need to encounter trained civilians who are packing. That may be the only solution.

9 Likes

Only in Kommiefornia. A wealth tax even if you’ve moved out of that sewer.

3 Likes

so this is where all those BILLIONS went! Which makes you wonder-just how big was pedo joe’s cut…?

5 Likes

@HandyDave MORE AMMUNITION(PARDON THE PUN) FOR THE DO GOODERS ADDVERTISING FOR GUN CONTROL THESE SHOOTERS ARE NOT GUN PEOPLE
THERE JUST DICKHEADS MAKING THE HONEST HARD WORKING GUN ENTUSIAST PEOPLE LOOKING BAD AND WITHOUT JUST CAUSE

6 Likes

So you have stamps? Have you checked the new ways to manufacture felons?

Note: updated info posted to Brace thread. AFT has now pulled this answer from their FAQ.

5 Likes

Welp. Its officially over. They’re now rewriting 1984.

The Internal Revenue Service building in Washington, on Jan. 28, 2019. (Saul Loeb/AFP via Getty Images)

US News

IRS Alerts Taxpayers They Must Answer a New Question on Tax Forms or Face Consequences

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) issued an alert to taxpayers on Tuesday, reminding them that they must report all digital asset-related income and answer a new digital asset question on their 2022 federal income tax return or face consequences such as delayed refunds or even penalties.

The IRS said in a Jan. 24 release that a key change on 1040 forms this year is that the agency has replaced the term “virtual currency” with “digital assets,” in addition to some other modifications to the wording.

The “Yes” or “No” question, which was expanded and revised this year to update terminology, reads as follows:

“At any time during 2022, did you: (a) receive (as a reward, award or payment for property or services); or (b) sell, exchange, gift or otherwise dispose of a digital asset (or a financial interest in a digital asset)?”
The question appears at the top of tax forms 1040, Individual Income Tax Return; 1040-SR, U.S. Tax Return for Seniors; and 1040-NR, U.S. Nonresident Alien Income Tax Return.

“All taxpayers must answer the question regardless of whether they engaged in any transactions involving digital assets,” the agency cautioned.

It is a legal requirement to accurately report all income, including income from digital assets, on federal income tax returns. Failure to do so could result in non-compliance with tax laws and possible penalties.

The IRS has provided a detailed explanation of what constitutes a digital asset, which includes such things as stablecoins, non-fungible tokens (NFTs), and cryptocurrencies.

Taxpayers need to check the “Yes” box if they:

• Received digital assets as payment for property or services provided;
  • Transferred digital assets for free (without receiving any consideration) as a bona fide gift;
  • Received digital assets resulting from a reward or award;
  • Received new digital assets resulting from mining, staking, and similar activities;
  • Received digital assets resulting from a hard fork (a branching of a cryptocurrency’s blockchain that splits a single cryptocurrency into two);
  • Disposed of digital assets in exchange for property or services;
  • Disposed of a digital asset in exchange or trade for another digital asset;
  • Sold a digital asset; or
  • Otherwise disposed of any other financial interest in a digital asset.

Those who tick the “Yes” box must also report all income related to their digital asset transactions on relevant forms. For instance, an investor who sold cryptocurrency during 2022 would use Form 8949, Sales and other Dispositions of Capital Assets.

## Many Americans Will See Smaller Tax Refunds

The IRS has warned that many taxpayers should expect a smaller refund this tax season because of tax law changes including the expiration of pandemic-related stimulus payments that would otherwise have boosted refund balances.

END

Larry
brown shirts are coming, :poop: the brown shirts are coming. :poop: the brown shirts are coming. :poop:

4 Likes

I’m hearing rumblings of another ATF edict coming. They’re going to go after all shotguns with a pistol grip.

I bet everyone here is susceptible. I mean, I’m not. I lost mine in a horrible boating accident last summer but, well, you know.

I’m only seeing rumblings of it online but it’s definitely something to watch for.

Meanwhile Gaetz has put forth a bill to eliminate the ATF. It’ll be DOA in the Senate and WH though.

I’m encouraging everyone I know in politics to defund these agencies. Its our only option with literal Marxists in charge of the Senate and White House.

If the House doesn’t fund it the agency dies.

2 Likes

McCali has done better than anticipated so far. I can’t imagine his balls have truly dropped yet though.

3 Likes

With enough pressure on his tummy we can force them out.

2 Likes