M*CARBO Brotherhood

Misfire Sccy cpx-2 9mm

OK so I’m new to firearms so I don’t know much about personal firearms. However I’m certain that once someone chambers a round then squeezes the trigger that a very loud explosion is supposed to happen. Or I was certain of that fact until today. Which is when myself & a few of my friends went to the local firing range and I loaded my new sccy cpx-2 9mm & excited to show off my very accurate and inexpensive little firearm up against my friends totally outrageous expensive firearms. Only to have it totally let me down. More importantly it done something I’ve never experienced in my short time of having firearms and that is after I chambered a round squeezed the trigger it never fired. Now after ejecting the mag and dechambering the round I noticed that the firing pin had actually struck dead center of the round but it never went off. Now this same thing happened over & over again. So we changed up the name brands of ammunition only to have it do the same thing over and over again. So my question is is there anything someone could help me out with rather than me having to send it back to customer service

4 Likes

@ChrisGray76 Welcome to the Brotherhood Chris. Can you upload a picture of a round that didn’t fire and a fired one?

6 Likes

Welcome to the brotherhood! Yes please upload pics of primer strikes. Did you do any modding or polishing prior to shooting? Did you strip it down, clean and lube it prior to first firing? No lube on firing pin?

6 Likes

Welcome @ChrisGray76 Did you perform a field strip, inspection, and lubing of your firearm prior to initial shooting?
Where did you purchase the firearm? I would call them first to alert them of the issue and see what they recommend.
Pics would really help. Lots of pro help on the forum.
Good luck and let us know the outcome.

Perhaps some help here:

6 Likes

After not watching any of those videos…:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:
i just want to throw out there, that striker channels getting hydrolocked by excess oiling is a suspicion. This of course is me assuming you are still using factory springs and hardware @ChrisGray76 . Otherwise it might be worth breaking down the slide, and check for anything unusual.

4 Likes

I would recommend cleaning the gun first.

This is a hammer actuated gun.

However… I have hold once in my had a SCCY CPX-2 and I was not impressed of their trigger mushiness and long draw.
IMO it’s one of those cases where you get what you pay for.

SCCY CPX-2. 9mm Review - Don’t Buy Before Read This? (armedforces-int.com)

Whether it is the hammer spring or the hardness of the primer, you’ll need to be picky with the ammo you use. An example was made with the Arms Corps. The bullets and the pistol had a problem hitting the primer, causing it to not fire.
However, you could change the hammer spring to a tougher one if you really want to use bullets with softer primers. Or, alternatively, just find another brand that works with the hammer spring already in the pistol.

1 Like

I would pull the firing pin and clean the channel of oil and any debris.

1 Like

While they don’t have to be “outrageously expensive”, something like a $400-500 Glock is a lesson learned here. Never rely on/carry the cheapest pistol. And, remember… SCCY is just a copy of Kel-Tec. I’d never carry a Kel-Tec pistol again as I had bad experiences with every one I had. Their long guns are much better, though, but we won’t be EDC’ing those.

3 Likes

They hide it well… my point stands regardless.

1 Like