M*CARBO Brotherhood

Milling slide on Sig SP2022 to co-witness Red Dot

Hey All,
I have been in contact via email with the Mcarbo shop about sending my Sig to have them install a Burris FastFire lll. I want to have the Red Dot to co-witness with iron sights if course.
My concern is removing material from the slide.
Is this really a good ideal structurally?

7 Likes

that amount of material removal, in that spot , on that slide is going to be a non-issue brother.

7 Likes

And ya think the Burris is a good fit?
Might have to install taller iron sights?

5 Likes

burris is a good fit. got three fastfires. now. nice tight package if your dotting a pistol.
have MCARBO check cowitness while they got it. sometimes you shim dot up or down. sometimes you change sights…what type sight is on your sig, fixed or adjustable?

5 Likes

Fixed

3 Likes

taller sights for sig if you need em. wait and see.

3 Likes

Suppressor height sights work well for cowitness. Or go to Dawson Precision for taller but not quite suppressor height.

Also, some guns require the optic to be milled over the rear dovetail. Primary Machine did my M&P and milled in a new rear dovetail in front of the optic

4 Likes

If you can will you post a photo?
I have inquired at a local shop about milling the slide. But feel more comfortable send it to
“Our House “.

4 Likes

They did excellent work at a reasonable price and with quick turn around. Not sure if they do Sig’s or not, you’d have to ask.

It’s definitely not a delicate operation. PM requires your specific optic to mill it to that exact size, and a single color refinish is built into the cost.

4 Likes

@Captainjack88

With no Machine shops or Smiths in the Capitol City I went this way on my 22 TCM
Love both the 2 & 3 Fast Fire’ Now that We have a shop Probably send in and do it the better way.

4 Likes

I did a U-turn…
Decided to install the Burris FastFire lll on the Ruger GP-100. Purchased a Weigand no drill mount for the Ruger and mounted the Burris. Need to sight in now.

https://www.jackweigand.com/scope.html

For the Sig, installed a Tacticon Firefly Laser/flashlight.

I have holsters for both firearms that work good with these sights. With that in mine this was the best road to go down.
I really want a red dot on a auto that co-wittiness.
To fill this “addiction” I’m looking at the Hellcat.

3 Likes