M*CARBO Brotherhood

Military Stories About Your Time Serving Your Country

[quote=“Johnksg, post:227, topic:2818”]
(Runways are for wimps.) :grin:[/quote]

That’s why I flew off small decks and not carriers. LOL

Yup. :rofl:

4 Likes

@Wedge I will admit I have seen some you egg-beater jockies hold a bird in position in a space I would have never believed if I had not seen it with my own eyes!

Respect :+1:

(From former “cargo”)

6 Likes

You’ll always be cargo to me, snookums. :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

@Johnksg got your beer brother!heres a shot to go with it,
@Wedge your forgetting about the massive allotment of funds, that was set aside just just for snack time crayons for Uncle Sams Misguided Children to eat :smiling_imp:
Holyloch, i used to take a former ol ROK who was then a Gunny on his offer of rappelling drills down the drydock walls. first time i ever did aussie style :rofl::rofl: I think i was his favorite training aid/punching bag, after all, if he damaged me it was just tough titty, he didnt damage one of his MARDET Marines
Navy%20air%20meme1
Navy%20air%20meme%2019

I jus found me a whole passel more eggbeater meme"S. no Mercy I say!!!:smiling_imp:
chaos%20meme1

7 Likes

@Wedge Navy%20air%20meme
SNOOKUMS???:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: YA owe me a screen clean brother, or mayhap i should just find a marine to lick tha window, so to speak :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

@Wedge when I first enlisted my first "strike "was EN /FN Hole Snipe Baby!!! fires down below…

3 Likes

Funny I was a rope/rappelling instructor at NTA :grin::+1:

4 Likes

2 years ago I put in for a refresher rope course, just a normal single rope practice (pit bounces) just wanted to keep the machine oiled so to speak. been down for a year so i wanted to loosen back up. With Randalls adventure. put in for it, never head back,never heard back, so I called. I was told, with my “challenges” I was to much of a Liability.

took my other business I had with them else where. not as smooth as i should be now,
been over a year, but i still know how to use a figure 8, what a kong frog is for, and i can 'weave" a mean swiss seat…never ceases to amaze me, how once yer fubar your a liability…:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

@GOBLIN I thought I was sooo cool as a young LCpl when I was issued a ranger harness to use for the classes! (Average grunts had to learn to tie a Swiss seat).

I loved to rappel…was like hillbilly disneyland! :grin::+1:

5 Likes

still is Hillbillie Disneyland :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1: still got my older “Raider” FBH, stays in my “plan B kit” in the truck, and a brand new hank 250ft of 9.5 sterling TR rope, (replaced what i had that got flood abused 2 years ago, from getting people out of their flooded out homes here. flood water is some nasty crap, so I ordered new rope to replace it, and recycled the old rope into less demanding jobs…

from the rescue/civilian side of gear, I been using ATTACK ops gear for years. excellent quality, never had a issue with ascenders,frogs,decenders, rope, nothing all high quality. never even had a 'beaner jam up on me.

“Jumpin off rocks” is some of the most fun you can have with yer clothes on!:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:
www.attackopgear.com

5 Likes

I was a Nuke MM. LOL

4 Likes

I thought that was FT Benning. Airborne! :+1:

4 Likes

@Wedge I thought thats where they taught you there was no such thing as a perfectly good airplane, unass em all!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I enjoyed it. One of the best schools I ever did even though I caught constant crap for being Navy. I figured if I was going aviation, I might as well see what it’s like to unass an aircraft if I ever had to eject or bail out. Then, I ended up in helos. Gotta ride that turd all the way to the deck. :rofl:

4 Likes

Navy%20air%20meme%2021

lookin back, i always get a chuckle on what we started out as doing, and the things never in a million years we thought we would do…

5 Likes

@Johnksg hey John, heres a song for ya brother…

4 Likes

It never helped my state of mind to know that the helicopter was invented by a drunken Russian (is there any other kind?) named Igor.

"Wings? Wings! We don’t need no decadent capitalist pig dog wings! In mother Russia we just put giant propeller of death on the roof!"

6 Likes

@Wedge @Kona @Johnksg i was a seaman once about 9 months before i was born :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

8 Likes

You didn’t steal from me, that much I can assure you. I had two A detachments close by, we took care of their rigs. They made sure if anyone was going to steal, it was going to be them first lol. They never had too. I made sure their rigs were number one priority, and if needed we took parts of off downed equipment and to get theirs up. I never had any problems with them, because I was smart enough to relieze they were out there fighting the foe, and I was there to help them get it done quicker. I made sure to keep their CSM informed if he had issue with my wrench turners to let me know himself and I would fix it. You know my guys never disappointed me. He never had to contact me. We had a good relationship even at higher levels. The SF Det across the street from us got a Super VBIED from Al-Zwakawi or what ever his name was, only the driver of the truck was killed, but he left the mother of all pot holes. My Commander (National Guard, worked general contracting as a real profession), took the bull by the horns and we had those guys FOB looking like nothing had happened by time the sun came up the next day. We may have been a bunch of Guardsman, but we weren’t in the dumbass group!

4 Likes

I have played with my share of recovery vehicles the 576’s and M88’s as well as 5 ton and HEMMIT Wreckers.

5 Likes