Meeting Up With A Fellow Brother To Go Shoot

Today I met with flogrown and spent the morning at the range. It was great to meet another member in person. It was blast. We swapped weapons to get the chance to compare gen1 40 Cal to a gen2 9 mm they have made improvements on the weapon between generations. I was surprised that the gen1 was easier to shoot then I thought it would be and very accurate. I can say I prefer the gen2 for the ergonomic feel. Have videos just trying to upload them.

12 Likes

I hope we will be able to one day start an annual MCARBO Brotherhood BBQ/range shoot day in the future.

11 Likes

@KM55 It was a really good time I enjoyed it, we need to start going more, next time we’re going out to Glen St Mary

This is @KM55 with his gen2 S&W 9mm sub it’s decked out in Mcarbo parts and performed flawlessly.

7 Likes

Kona I uploaded my videos to youtube so how do I get them onto the forum?

3 Likes

you better believe it Kenny. I am looking forward to a get together sometime next month

2 Likes

Have any other members of the forum gotten together to go shooting?

2 Likes

I vote for a three day week end, or 7 day week end. :smiley: R S

5 Likes

@KM55 we may be the first ones, that’s pretty awesome.

2 Likes

that would be cool, but finding a place that would be large enough to hold all those who would attend. I guess Chris could find a place to rent for a day or two, then all we have to do is get there.

4 Likes

Finding a range may not be as hard as you might think, If you are willing to travel. Pick a location and lets see what the brotherhood can do if turned loose. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: R S

4 Likes

I think it should be close to the MCARBO HQ so we could all take a tour and then go shoot and have a cookout.

4 Likes

@KM55 copy the link from YouTube and paste it into the chat box here

3 Likes

@KM55
7 Likes

Heck, all we’d have to do here (Utah) is just drive out into the hinterlands which, for me, is only about 20 min away. :+1:

5 Likes

Wv, it’s in the middle of everywhere. Plus nra nationals and bow championships

3 Likes

That’s great! Same here in Northern Nevada except we’ve been under constant red flag fire conditions for months, so no open range shooting. Almost all the fires near Reno were caused by target shooters. Couple surrounding counties just passed emergency ordinances specifically prohibiting shooting in red flag conditions. Even the Carson City shooting range had a large fire last week and is closed indefinitely.

Looks like indoor shooting for awhile​:boom::boom:

4 Likes

I don’t remember if we ever took a census of where the Brotherhood is scattered around. I’m on the central Oregon coast.

5 Likes

Houston here. If you’re 'round these parts, I’m happy to host at my club. I can handle as many as 5 guests at a time. Sub 2k is even permitted in the tactical bays. But I’m cleared out to 300 yards. We go to 1k, but I have not gotten myself cleared.

4 Likes

Yes I have a recurrent wish to meet and greet every MCARBO member who finds their way to the Reno/Tahoe area (which is also one of the top US vacation destinations btw😜). Or to contact me regarding any questions about where to stay, eat, rock, fish, hunt, camp…hey I might even have a gig!

My ardor only dampened by the red flag shooting restrictions in place at the moment :tired_face:

6 Likes

@Wedge
@Gilligan369
@Boomchucker
Same for me here in southern Idaho.
Im surrounded by desert and can be shooting in 15 minutes or less, traffic and stop lights willing.

4 Likes