M*CARBO Brotherhood

MCarbo FN509 spring kit = awesome!

Had a chance to visit the range after installing the MCarbo spring kit to the FN 509 and I have to say it was quite the improvement to the overall fun factor of shooting the pistol. Great online installation tutorial and it made it so easy to install. Took all of 10 minutes since I have done several 509s before. I paired the spring kit with the APEX enhancement trigger and it is so much better than factory. Loved it so much I bought another spring kit to put in my 509 midsize. I’ll have update on that once I get back to the range. Thanks MCarbo!
C. Anderson
Port Richey, FL

7 Likes

@chanderson1 Welcome to the Brotherhood Chris. Good looking FN 509 you have there.

6 Likes

@chanderson1 welcome to the forum chris

7 Likes

@chanderson1 Welcome to the Hood ! and nice FN 509

7 Likes

@chanderson1 Welcome to the Brotherhood. Don’t forget to go to the First Post Here: Introduce Yourself! thread and say Hi to everybody

7 Likes

Update: Had a chance to install the second MCarbo spring kit along with the Apex trigger in my 509 midsize. Same awesome upgrade. Feel of the trigger is smooth and crisp. Definitely much better than stock. Took both to the range and had so much fun I totally forgot all about the Coronavirus talk. Keep up the great work MCarbo. Thank you for the warm welcome to the forum also!

C. Anderson
Port Richey, FL.

5 Likes

Just joined today, and am very happy I did. I bought a FNS-9 and plan to put the Apex trigger (and striker) in it. Your post (and others) answered my question if 1) the 509 spring kit would work in the FNS-9 full size (answer appears to be yes); and 2) if the spring kit will work with the Apex trigger (answer appears to be yes). :smiley:
Also am planning to mill the slide and mount a red dot.

5 Likes

Welcome to the Brotherhood, Allen.

3 Likes

@CACinAZ Welcome to the Brotherhood.

3 Likes

@CACinAZ
I have the M*CARBO 509 kit in FNS-9 and FNS-40. It works great.
As it is not something insanely light, I am inclined to say FN can learn something here and do that right out of the factory.

2 Likes

Thanks for your email. I ordered the trigger kits for my FNS-9 (509 kit) and P365 this morning. My EDC gun is the Sig so I’m not wanting a “match” trigger but definitely a bit lighter and smoother. I have the MS (manual safety model) as I WILL NOT carry a loaded pistol without a manual safety – just my preference. I intend to customize the FNS with slide milling, red dot, Apex trigger, and the Mcarbo springs. Also thought about a custom threaded barrel. So it’s a project gun. BTW my FNS-9 also have the ambi controls including the manual safety. I watched the 509 installation but it was without the safety. Anyway, I can do the springs for the striker and striker block, but am uncomfortable attempting the sear springs. I’ll ask my gunsmith here in Scottsdale to do it – yes, it will cost me but I’d rather have it done right. I called Apex yesterday for the FNS since I live nearby their facility, but they are shut down until the virus situation clears up and then it’s about 4-6 weeks. So, one thing at a time. Best to you, and stay safe and well.

Allen Cody

1 Like

I installed the spring upgrade kit in my 509 and polished the cylinder with flitz. It kept me from springing (pun intended) for the APEX trigger kit as it was a heck of a lot cheaper an did everything I was hoping for. Just got my new 509 T in and was hoping I could use that same spring kit. I’m assuming I can?

2 Likes

Replacing the sear springs is simple… as long as you have 3 hands. It too a few tries to get it right and a hand vice helps.

1 Like

There are other posts that explain that the springs for the FNS and 509 are essentially the same and the Mcarbo kit will work in either gun as well as the compact. I assume this is also true for the tactical. The reason I say this is that ApexTactical sells a heavy duty striker that works in either model - 509 or FNS-9. So the striker spring and striker block spring are the same. I’m sure the disconnect and sear springs are interchangeable also.

Love your set up. I can just imagine how sweet both of these shoot. My plan is to also customize as you have done. Just ordered an Apex trigger for my FNS-9 today. Ordered spring kits for the FNS and my Sig P365 yesterday. Once I get all this installed, I have my gunsmith lined up to mill my FNS slide for a red dot.

1 Like

Yeah I got the gun in and it really is just a basic 509 with optics mounts and a threaded barrel so there’s no reason the spring kit won’t work.

Ordered a MRDS for my new 509 T and don’t seem to be able to find a kydex IWB holster that will accommodate the optics, any suggestions? I have a source for custom fitted kydex holsters but he aint cheap and takes forever.

The MCarbo spring kit paired with the Apex trigger is the way to go with the 509s. Huge improvement over factory setup and groups are improved as well. I don’t know why the FN pistols are not more popular because it is a high quality firearm.

I have the 509T with a PMM comp and Trijicon RMR and I modified mine to fit without compromising the integral structure of the holster. I bought mine from Amazon.I can’t recall the seller’s name but he’s got some pretty high quality holsters. I received mine within two days. If you’ve got a Dremel you can easily modify kydex holsters to suit your needs. I did mine with several different tips and just took my time. I sanded the edges with 400 grit sandpaper and smoothed out as much as I could.

5 Likes

Thanks!

Malcolm Platt

1 Like