Match Talk. A place for "match contest" conversation 🎯

With four individuals voting for, I’ll add three X2 divisions to the rifle divisions. A, C and D will go the distance. The June announcement will be up later today.

4 Likes

Ok guys before i posted hg-1 target i wanted to show it here and explain a little.

Its such a nice target and its hard enough to get a double hole with single action revolver let alone a triple hole. But as you can see that makes six holes total which is what my wrangler holds and like a idiot i loaded it full instead of leaving one out for the 5 shot max. Soon as i pulled the trigger on 6th shot i knew i had screwed up. What i would like to ask the group is if i could give up the x ring shot of the triple hole and trade it for the 8 ring that way i can still post this target and be punished by a few points for my failure to follow instructions. If not i understand and i will try get another target shot for hg-1 before month is up.

Edit: i have desided i will just shoot another hg-1 target before month is over. Sorry for the bother forget previous post asking to use an illegal target. :+1:

5 Likes

In the spirit of fairness, i would say remove the highest scoring extra hit, but i cant tell you how many times ive tossed out targets shot too many times. Now i only load 5 rounds so i dont have to worry about counting. Sometimes i just get in a rythym and just lose count.

5 Likes

Yeah thats what i was talkin about doing taking the 8 ring instead of the x ring part of triple hit. But ive decided to just shoot another target before i submit hg-1 this month. I usually only load 5 in my wrangler when shooting for mail in match but when im just shooting for fun or carrying it while fishing and such i allways fully load it with 6 rounds. And i loaded it pinned target up and shot soon as i pulled trigger on number 6 i was like $hit. Ill deffently be more careful to double check only 5 rounds from now on. Sorry for the trouble guys.

3 Likes

Had me some learn’n today :sunglasses:.

I positioned my scope wrong on the AR 308. Eye relief was set for shooting off hand. It translated poorly to bench and bag. Scope will be getting pushed a bit toward the muzzle.

And, second, I’ma need to take a rear bag out to see how well this rifle shoots. This was my first playtime at 200. I am excited about a whole world of improvement available based on my performance.

7 Likes

The building and tuning of a new long gun are enjoyable and rewarding process.

Wondering, are you able to do 200yds on your own property?

Continued good fortune with the tuning!

4 Likes

No. The pretty one would never let me do the backstop I would need right along a fence line.

4 Likes

Humility and a desire for self-improvement are underrated virtues in our current culture.

5 Likes

:thinking:
So I was wondering… did we get results from the December match yet?

I know I won, but is it official? :sunglasses:

Taking about humility…

4 Likes

@Teddy_the_Beer Results for 2021 are here:
2021 YTD scoring MCarbo Sharpshooters Series - Mail in Match - MCARBO Brotherhood (mcarbo.com)

3 Likes

Right. But I meant this:

Big news this month! We’re offering a genuine, for real, M*Carbo Gift Certificate for the first time ever.

I wonder who got it!

2 Likes

I was the lucky winner!

4 Likes

End of the month reminder, the 26th of June 2022 is the final day to submit targets for the MIM.

4 Likes

The Sharpshooter Series Rules are being updated and revised, thanks @JoeFridaySays

2 Likes