Match Talk. A place for "match contest" conversation 🎯

I agree looks to be a double shot hole to me. Your allways a consistent shooter and lookin at the other 3 holes that are nice and clean then that one kinda jagged wider hole. Nicely done.

5 Likes

@Teddy_the_Beer You have :+1::+1::+1:

That makes it official. Nice shooting friend.

4 Likes

Thank you! Submitting the target.

4 Likes

My Dad used to tell me: ‘First you work for you reputation, then you reputation works for you’

I really appreciate this, guys. Thanks again.

7 Likes

@Teddy_the_Beer
I concur with others… however that might apply.

4 Likes

@Festus et al

Folks, I had a unique opportunity this weekend, took the Range Officer Course at our local club I joined so that I have a place to shoot, licensed and insured and all for the friendly competition here and all.
My question is, I forgot that I could have used one of the many 22LF RF but totally forgot the handgun categories in all the excitement and have 2 handgun CF. I can only post one of these right?
This is the 1st time in a long time that I was able to shoot handguns, was very upbeat about it, stoked is a better word.
Now I’m thinking on taking the Wilderness Training so that I have carry options.
Pictures pending…

7 Likes

This is correct. You may only post one target per division. May I suggest the HG D Division? Two different divisions for centerfire handguns.

Congrats on the RSO course.

5 Likes

@Festus
Thanks
What I have in the HG division is

1. Ruger Redhawk, double action 44 mag, firing hand loaded wad cutters
  2. Tanfoglio Gold Match 9mm, 6 inch barrel.
  3. And since we were firing the HG lanes only I brought the SUB2K to see how it compared to hand guns at 10 yards, of which IMO is much more accurate with me firing, most likely because I am more used to it.
    Since the above have their own divisions I guess I should post either 1. or 2. in the HG2 division.
    Is this correct?
1 Like

You are correct sir.

1 Like

Question - if there is enough interest would anyone want to have a 200 yard open caliber division (D2?) since all the other rifle divisions only go up to 100? Could be fun.

2 Likes

Anything is possible. As there aren’t many with access to 200yds and beyond, it didn’t make sense. If there’s enough interest the subject can be revisited.

3 Likes
  • I would shoot a 200yd MiM.
  • I cannot shoot a 200yd MiM.

0 voters

2 Likes

Looks like a 52 plus bonuses if applicable.
What division ?

2 Likes

It’s A1. I really surprised myself with this one.

2 Likes

Didn’t even consider that, guess I’m spoiled that I have a 200 & 300 yd to use. I didn’t realize that longer ranges aren’t a more common thing.

5 Likes

Reminder, next Sunday, the 29th of May 2022 is the final day this month.

Two new topics have been opened for the sharing of fundamental marksmanship skills. One for rifle and the other for handguns. Please feel free to participate in the conversation.

Good luck and good shooting

Edit: I’m watching @Dred s poll closely.

6 Likes

I usually would have done shot few times this month but its been crap weather on the days ive had the time. Got a nice weekend coming up or so says the weather idiots on tv. Deffently gonna try get atleast couple match targets turned in this month.

4 Likes

Any proposals for a suitable, downloadable and printable target for the 200yd division, should one be incorporated?

I will defer to the longer range shooters but online searching reveals that the standard targets are pretty close to what typically is used at that distance.

2 Likes

My parents told me “You do not get what do not work for. You might just get something else if you do”.

3 Likes