Match Talk. A place for "match contest" conversation 🎯

Completely forgot to shoot C, C1 and A1. Whoops. Today was fun, I miss live fire :rofl:. But shooting that ammo hurt my wallet.

My left rotator cup told me to go eff myself after shooting the ar-6.5. Don’t think I can do the sling in prone any more. That was seriously painful. Heck dont know if I can live fire any more with what ammo costs now.

1 Like

I sign in and see this…

Without wasting my time opening up @CatFood 's post… I simply concede. You win… I hope all this makes you feel good. :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Well it’s nothing like the digit division. Don’t conceede. You can do it @TexasEskimo

2 Likes

He DQ, posted a 6 shot target.

That’s my plan to take him over :rofl:

4 Likes

Hey Catfood.

I’m still off the grid in moderate communication.

Hear you.

I just purchased a 7mm mag browning BAR semi auto and looking to add it to the lineup.

Yup same boat, rounds are pricy but I’m going to give it a shot… No pun intended. Lol

Stay tuned…

MC

7 Likes

Lol

Never surrender… Never give up!!!

Practice makes perfect, heard that one time from a wise old man…

Cheers…

MC

5 Likes

Just found my scope rings on my ar6.5 were loose. F#@K! I guess I had completely forgot to put loctite on all the bolts. Well I need to re boresight then take it out again to sight in. Fire truck! Really pissed at myself here now. I have a few 6.5cm ammo left, otherwise I’ll have to work up some reloads. Sigh.

2 Likes

LOL but but but I was sighting in! Sorry my target stand is just a bit wider then the sheet of paper. But hey, if that gets me dq’d I’m ok with that :rofl::rofl:.

2 Likes

It’s our only chance to beat you :disappointed_relieved:

Neah, I am joking. Of course this is all a friendly “competition”, something to push me to do this every month. Otherwise, I am tempted to “save money” on the actual rounds and range fees.

6.5 cm? That’s 65 mm… Dang, that must be fun.
65mm L.17 Mountain Gun - Tanks Encyclopedia (tanks-encyclopedia.com)

2 Likes

Creedmoor, hell I’d love a cannon!

I know you all jest. I just want to push people to improve! I may just redo the D1 bat to see what a non loose scope can score.

I’m in agreement with you, range fees, gas, and ammo cost probably won’t be having me in live fire stuff anymore. Going to the range today cost me 50 bucks in range fees and gas alone. I don’t want to count the cost of ammo lol I’ll cry :sob:.

2 Likes

Well… that’s a fancy range!

My range charges me $14/hour (I can stay longer if there are no others, like Friday mornings that I have free now and then) plus like $3 for their targets. I have to buy them, so I am allowed to tape mine over.
The good news is that I can get ammo at BassProShops again. Just got two boxes of (50) 9mm Herter’s yesterday for $16.99 plus tax.
Herter’s Target Handgun Ammo | Bass Pro Shops

Gas prices… let’s go Brandon.

3 Likes

I need some help counting the points.

IMG_7745

There is an obvious 9 at 1 o’clock. But is the 12 o’clock 9 or 10?

and do I have two or three x-balls?

With @OldSpook in the competition every point counts!

2 Likes

3X plus 10 plus 9 = 52 by my count. The 12 o’clock broke the 10 ring and the 9 o’clock broke the X ring. Good shooting! DISCLAIMER: I haven’t quite finished my coffee yet, so I could be off.

3 Likes

3x + 10 + 9 = 52 total.

2 Likes

I concur as well, 52. Nice shooting!

2 Likes

Redemption for my poor d1 target. But since I already submitted I’ll take that score. Zeroed it in. But the rear ring started to come loose. SNIP, went with red loctite, a little bit. If I need to remove I’ll use heat.

2 Likes

Gotta.hit.the.bat to score.

5 Likes

I had a couple of targets wit 9’s… outside the bat too. Couldn’t post them :wink:

2 Likes

Yep understand. That target is a rebuttal to my other poor one and not being submitted for scoring.

1 Like

Still fighting with the laptop, eh? :grinning:

5 Likes