M*CARBO Brotherhood

Match Talk. A place for "match contest" conversation 🎯

@Moosecall When I saw it, everything looked right to me. :ok_hand:

Unless I can catch up with @wreknball03 today or early tomorrow, I won’t have a witness.

Filming a continuous video of me setting up, shooting, and signing off on the target, is the only way I can think of around that.

2 Likes

Timedate stamp it and we’re good.

3 Likes

Hopefully I can participate in next months contest. The 750’ of wood privacy fence I’m building has taken all my free time the past few weeks.

5 Likes

The revised and clarified rules are now posted. Please note the deadline for June has been extended due to the delay in getting things sorted.

A big tip of the hat and a hearty Thank You to @jeffing65, @JoeFridaySays and @Captainjack88 for their assistance with this endeavor.

5 Likes

Well, to keep it confusing … as promised, the 25 yard contest closes TODAY at midnight. I’m headed to see if I can find paper with a handgun. When I return, I’ll tell y’a… what I have in store for a July contest which will open tomorrow.

5 Likes

@ Dred451°F

Hey Dred

Back from the makeshift range, but I am not sure of the scoring. Can you check these for me? I counted the hits on the line to the next increment (88.1 target.
I am also submitting a 25 yard and 50 yard.
BTW, on your tally score sheet, did we forget to put the yardage down for each group?
TYVM

3 Likes

Just thought to post a picture of the makeshift outdoor range.
The target is at 50 yards. Great day for shooting, bugs weren’t so bad, sun to my back.

5 Likes

Just a reminder, today is the last day to get your targets submitted for the June Il Partita Tiratore Scalto.

Off to see if I can’t get something for the 100yd divisions.

3 Likes

@Captainjack88 nice rifle, I love it :heart_eyes: I’ll have a pour of that whiskey too. :tumbler_glass:

3 Likes

@Flogrown
Use them bags for sandbags.

1. Drink said bottle
  2. Recycle said bottle
  3. Fill said bag with kitty litter
  4. Take said bag to range
  5. Have fun shooting.
8 Likes

@Captainjack88 that’s what I call repurposing right there, love that. You should probably slow down on the crown though, starting to think you may have a problem, :wink: just messing. @chilipepper would probably put us together in the same AA class lol

5 Likes

Might if I knew what the classes were, tried to find them before I went to the range earlier today but all I found was a post from May before pistols and PCCs were added. Hoping things will be clearer. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

@chilipepper
The match competition has its own category now. Everything new and current for all matches will be here.
Be sure to read everything. Things will change from month to month.
https://forum.mcarbo.com/c/mail-in-match/19

See these 2 threads for all the current info, rules for July matches.

3 Likes

Folks, this is going to be fun.
BUT
I already have run into a problem. @jeffing65

When I clicked the provided link where everything new and current will be there is no way to bookmark that posting. I can bookmark this location below using the bookmark button which is not available in the link.

Not sure why that is? I like to bookmark the post so that I can quickly find them again and am assured of the right post to post my results.

Any thoughts?

3 Likes

@Moosecall

The link is to the mail in match “category”. The system doesn’t allow “categories” to be bookmarked. Not sure why.

Within the category are topic threads for the different matches with their rules/requirements, division entry threads for posting results, etc.
You can bookmark the applicable topics within the category.

3 Likes

Thanks Jeff
I’ll do that. Previous match I got scattered, going to try to do better this round.
Cheers,

3 Likes

I knew there was one but couldn’t find it, I think it was that there fancy I-talian title that did me in. I was only looking so as to pick the proper tools to dial in at the range for next months match. Gotta give myself a fighting chance against the glut of professional snipers on here… :grinning:

6 Likes

July’s match is posted up along with the new link for the target. Made minor changes to the general rules and changed the name to “The Sharpshooters Series” If you’ve bookmarked the Italian named version, here’s a link so you can be sure to have the newest version on hand. No real changes to the rules, just that the deadline will be the last Sunday and notes that the target/scoring are subject to change.
https://forum.mcarbo.com/t/the-sharpshooter-series/9930/2

3 Likes

@Festus
Hey Festus
I should have posted this here, but it’s also posted on the sharp Shooters Series, I can delete it there it you like. God was my witness last round, apparently I didn’t challenge him but my entry was still invalid. This is only a fun shoot, I say, if you can find the time to get out and shoot and you cannot get a witness, god and your word is good enough for me! I vote this ruling needs some wiggle room… :pray:
Regardless I’ll try my best to have a witness. It appears others might have difficulties having a witness.

3 Likes

I’m with you too on the lack of a witness. Most of the time I’m shooting alone. My 11 year old comes sometimes would he count?

2 Likes