M*CARBO Brotherhood

Match Talk. A place for "match contest" conversation 🎯

LOL, OK guess I ow you 20

2 Likes

100, he’s “Grand & Exalted”. :grinning:

3 Likes

No prob, is it OK of I pace them out over a week or so?

2 Likes

As for my g sight gen2 it is very obvious it’s off by 1-2 inches from POA vs POI. You can see it, with irons the gun coveres up the impact, unless the laser is high, which it has been.

Might just contact them regarding this inaccurate/damage claim they stated. See what they say.

Also, I shoot 2-3 warm ups before I shoot the scoring target. Let’s me check how off the laser it too.

3 Likes

Mine doesn’t seem to be too much off at 5 yards. Maybe further away is different? Or I am just lucky.
Did you rotate the g-sight in the barrel when checking? If is “off” in one direction, by rotating 180 degree, it should be “off” in the other direction.

Like I said before the test would be some kind of a vice. I might do that with mine if I find something appropriate to held only the barrel.

2 Likes

It’s off in every direction once rotated. First thing I did when I noticed it was way off. Pop it out and rotate.

2 Likes

-ALERT!!-

JULY IS A TRICK MONTH.

On review of the calendar, I note that THIS Sunday - 25 July - is THE Last Sunday of the month. Suddenly, I feel rushed :sweat_smile:.

5 Likes

That’s a bummer!

Last weekend I was going to sight in and use my new rifle, but it was a lemon. Had to send it back to the manufacturer.

Don’t think I will get a new one before this weekend. So, no bonus points for 50 and 100 yards.

Hope I will get to shoot this Saturday to get some points at all!

3 Likes

So… if a shot grazes a larger numbers ring it counts as the larger number?

4 Likes

Yes, if the round breaks the circle of the higher point that is correct.

4 Likes

Thanks for clarifying that :+1:t2:

4 Likes

It can be challenging without the target in hand at times, in an ideal world a special scoring gage would be used. Something like this is what I prefer:

5 Likes

Problem with GSight in the HGD match was that on one hit I just looked at and scored based on the crosshairs when I should have scored it with the green circle. So my score was 48… and I still got my ass kicked. Lol.

20210723_104947

3 Likes

This system is “busy”. I will be using the green of the “X” just inside the orange for scoring.

Correct, the rounds at 4 and 5 o clock are 9’s.

3 Likes

Who cares about score in this? Still good shooting. I look at this as free practice with the added benefit of impartial judging and different shooters giving each other help and constructive criticism.
I not here for the score. I here for the fun and the sport.

5 Likes

@TexasEskimo “Hubbell Space Telescope” is an inside joke. Thank @chilipepper for that. I have two, hence the “II”. The first, on my Remington 597 with the 3" sun shade is damn near as long as the rifle.

4 Likes

Me.

& probably everyone else whos posted an entry…
Just sayin :sunglasses::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Same here (but the match is fun!), also add a bunch of drills while doing the laser thing. Shooting from cover, kneeling, on my back, one handed, support hand, without glasses (most challenging) and more. Once done with that, move to the snap caps. Draw from holster, shoot, mag change, wash rinse repeat. Also create jam situations, get familiar with clearing ect. Yeah I rambled off of match talk sorry.

Can’t wait for next month’s match!

5 Likes

Yes, what @CatFood said. Though I would add “while naked”. However I would only recommend this for the at-home Digital match.

3 Likes

A CHALLENGE TO ALL THOSE IN THE HGD MATCH!!!

In August I would like to start a seperate (perhaps onetime) thread where we take the regular five shots at the standard target chosen, and at the standard five yards… but alternating three shots with your strong hand and two shots with your offhand.

In my case RH, LH, RH, LH, and then RH. No support hand is allowed. Use your EDC if you can. I will use a compact Glock 43 with iron sites only. Red dots and full size frames are okay if you must.

Any takers? Let’s try it once and perhaps go on from there… tweaking things if we need to.

This of course all pending the approval of @Festus :pray:

2 Likes