M*CARBO Brotherhood

Maryland over 10 rounds

As many of you probably know, Maryland has screwed up gun laws! In order to purchase a larger than 10 round magazine I need to leave the state of Maryland. If the state I go to legally sells the larger capacity magazines. I can legally bring it back to Maryland and use it. :drooling_face:

9 Likes

Check.

Check.

Check.

I see no issue with any of this information (EDIT: in regards to its factual nature, I do see issues with mag restrictions…but that is a matter for another thread). The fools in Annapolis are so “smart”, they don’t seem to realize that all this does is hurt Maryland businesses and eliminates a chunk of sales tax they would be collecting.

You can get your larger cap mags in PA or DE, or head to a gun show in VA…I hear you can get stonkin’ deals on used metal 30 rounders for ARs.

Oh, yeah, and welcome to the Brotherhood, @HIPOINT4595. When you have a moment, feel free to hit this thread up and introduce yourself formally to the group.

5 Likes

@HIPOINT4595, Most of those New England states have some screwy gun laws. Just live within them until you can (maybe) get them changed.
Welcome to the Brotherhood, Donnie. You’re gonna learn a lot and be entertained for hours by all these guys and gals. :grin: :wink: :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks Shelby. I’m sure I will enjoy :beers::beers::us::us:

2 Likes

Hey Chili pepper, I’m already checking in WV, Virginia and PA.
Donnie

2 Likes

Not sure where you are in the P.R.o.M., but if you’re anywhere from Frederick to Westminster to Baltimore, there are plenty of gun shops and sporting goods stores just over the Mason-Dixon in PA. As a PA expat, I can tell you it’s still a gun-loving commonwealth, save maybe the heart of Philly and possibly Pittsburgh…everything in between is “Pennsyltucky”.

6 Likes

@HIPOINT4595 A completely hypothetical scenario…

What if you “mistakenly” sent an online order to… let’s say as an example… a friends’ address in Texas. Couldn’t that friend then rebox and send to the originally intended address?

Once again… hypothetically speaking.

5 Likes

Nope. Illegal. You can’t technically give someone a magazine of over 10 round capacity within the borders of the state. I could take said friend in my car, drive over the nearest state line, give him the mag and then drive home. That would be legal.

Correction…you could do that, but if caught it is an unlawful act.

6 Likes

Do you have a buddy just over a border you can have stuff shipped to?

3 Likes

This is an option. If you purchase a firearm online that is legal to own in MD, but it comes with mags over 10 rounds, this is an option most gun shops will give you…to have them shipped to a friend or family member out of state. Another option in this situation is for the gun shop to “disable” the offending magazine by drilling through it and putting a pop rivet in the hole. If you can’t figure out how to undo that when you get home, well…

I recently purchased a new handgun that was “accidentally” shipped with two 15 round magazine repair kits…bummer… :grinning:

Here’s a shot of the 30 round AR PMAG that came with my Ruger AR556 model 8529 as well as the 15 round Glock-style PMAG that came with my Ruger PCC. The LGS didn’t even ask, when I picked them up they were already drilled and riveted. Two minutes with a cordless drill when I got home, completely legal and a bit of the finger to the clowns in Annapolis.

7 Likes

Just another example of why we can’t have nice things.

3 Likes

They’re like ants at a picnic…

4 Likes

Just terrible, I was farm kid but we had to sell the farm and I enlisted into the Corps.
When I cam back the state was going commie so I busted my butt, lived like a pauper to leave that commie bunch. And I did.

4 Likes

The sad fact is for me, I grew up in the Mid-Atlantic area and I like it nature-wise. It’s what I’ve always known, it’s where I first hunted and I have great memories of those places and times with friends and family. I don’t really want to move elsewhere, though I’m sure places like Texas and the wide open spaces out west are nice. We shouldn’t be forced to vacate the places we grew up in and/or enjoy for the sake of pathetic policy making on the part of the criminals who think they lead us. This has to end at some point.

Every study ever done on the subject has proven mag cap makes no difference in a “mass shooter” situation. They’re selling snake oil and the ignorant gun-fearing masses are buying it. Same goes for AR-15s. There is no such classification of firearm as “Assault Rifle” or “Assault Weapon”. The former does not exist and the latter is ambiguous, almost anything can be an “assault weapon”. The number of people that think the “AR” stands for assault rifle…sorry, I feel the soap box coming out again…

Suffice it to say every state-level gun control law supersedes the 2nd Amendment and is therefore unlawful. No state legislature has that right. Shame the federal government doesn’t have the minerals to punish the offending states for doing so…

6 Likes

Oh, I know, Dave. When you tell an anti-gunner that they’re full of “disinformation” and AR stands for Armalite, I’ve had some straight up and accuse me of lying to them. :thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :roll_eyes: :woozy_face: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

They could actually take the initiative to research it on their own, but that would require them to think for themselves. Much better to let that up to someone else, like a scumbag politician, for instance…“well they must know the truth, they’re important and in power”…

These politicians have stolen their tactics straight from Joseph Goebbels propaganda notebook…

7 Likes

I do Understand Chili, I just can’t be around those kind of people anymore.

It’s for their own safety I left :sunglasses:

5 Likes

My suggestion would be hire a moving company & sell your home, so you don’t have to put up with stupid state laws because they will only get worse in the future !

3 Likes

Or switch to slingshots, crossbows, and blowguns…:sunglasses:

2 Likes

They will only get worse if We the Patriots are silenced, or give up, or “move out” as you say.
The true change must be pushed by good people campaigning to get the right representatives elected.
Im guilty of not being active enough in that regard, but i think its because many of us right leaning people are less prone to outrage and slash/burn hardcore cancel tactics. Otherwise we just might stand a chance against these maniacal SJWs pushing their false narratives.

5 Likes