M*CARBO Brotherhood

Mars Rover Perseverance Has Landed

Folks, maybe a bit off topic, here on this Forum group.

In the event anybody didn’t catch up on this event.

The mars rover Perseverance (BTW great name in these tying times) has landed on mars, really neat stuff, history in the making.

Check it out.

• This is NASA’s first mission that will search for signs of ancient life on another planet. It launched from Florida at the end of July.
  • NASA only lands a rover on Mars about every 10 years. The last was Curiosity in 2012.

download

7 Likes

Nice… but it be able to take pictures of the American flag left there by the Apollo mission?

9 Likes

@TexasEskimo
Not sure, but that is a great PR idea to keep the budget topped up.
Who knows where/if NASA will get budget cuts.

1 Like

Sorry about that. I was poking fun at the author of HR 127 (aka “Gunpocalypse”) regarding her question to NASA.

But it was great to see the landing on Mars. Two more landing soon.

9 Likes

@TexasEskimo
I cannot understand how I didn’t know that? LOL

4 Likes

I still wanna know what china is up to on the far side of the moon.

3 Likes

I think everybody wants to know, but we all know, we will never know.

3 Likes

@TexasEskimo Good one. She’s a moron.

8 Likes

Speaking of rovers and the moon-check this out. Hard to believe this was almost 50 years ago…

3 Likes

That was cool, even on the moon, in the rover, making rooter tails, who could resist.

3 Likes

I’m a contractor at NASA Glenn Research Center in Cleveland Ohio, we tested the parachute that slowed it down and developed the power supply for it.

10 Likes

Wow that has to be the greatest feeling to be part of the project.
And.
A great sigh of relief on touchdown, flawless.

Great JOB!

6 Likes

I’m with security, I program all the badge access to the buildings and areas that these programs where tested and created. We are developing the tires for any future rovers.

6 Likes

I’m sure there will be more rovers built, I believe NASA only lands a rover on Mars about every 10 years but I bet there are other plans for rovers, the moon for one. Missions’ are planned there in the near future. Make sure you stamp “Made in U.S.A.” on them.

3 Likes

Word on the street is they’re turning it into a Death Star… :grinning:

7 Likes

I’m soooo happy you knew how ridiculous that question was.

But, to the topic of thenquestion probed:. It landed on a crater we have never visited. The LZ was selected because imaging from orbiters identified signs of water billions of years back. We’re looking for potential signs of ancient life.

5 Likes

NASA should have sent the probe to D.C. 'cause there’s lots of ancient senile demented life there. :wink:

5 Likes

I think they will find what they are looking for.
There was certainly water, and that is a good sign of life.
Maybe they will discover some simple forms of life, building blocks, like this 280 million year old sample I picked up near Wells Nevada.

7 Likes

First picture returned.

DRED MARS 1

8 Likes

LOL, I kind of thought that image would make it’s way here. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes