M*CARBO Brotherhood

Making a channel

I and my best running brother are planning on making content for a YouTube channel. Both of us have complementing experience that can help us through many things but unfortunately we’re both stunned that neither one of us can really think of content that would guarantee us true viewership. So I post to you guys. I have a lot of experience gunsmithing and building. He has a lot of experience in competition shooting and distant shooting. He’s currently a police officer and interviewing to work as a sheriff’s officer. Both of us hunters both of us avid shooters, mixed military experience. Unfortunately we just want to make something for the common man shooter rather than the elitist. We have some ideas but it’s always better to feel the questions to people that would be more inclined to view a channel anyway. So here I am humbly asking what is it you guys would want to see as a whole. open to all suggestions and if they spike in interest in the two of us I’ll hit up for more clarification or information but generally just an open conversation be even better. I’ll drop the title of the channel and the logos at a different time because we still have not agreed to release them yet or publish any content this moment.

5 Likes

@Uncle-Rotten I applaud your efforts. Content is a tough one. I’ve never seen anything addressing the proper way to field dress game…I suspect that would “bring the heat”, so to say. Same about processing, again way too graphic for today’s society. Perhaps a series of videos showing how to develop a cartridge for top accuracy, the tools used and how (and why,) to use them? Another series on tracking game would be of interest I’m sure. Good luck with your channel.

4 Likes

We were thinking taking stock items like an AR same lower changing out working components to see what’s actually better what elbow grease fixes work best and so on. Dressing game with definitely get us demonetized and things taking down. We’re probably going to be doing the same on gun streamer and full 40 as well. If you could take the same content and post it multiple places it might work. I miss things like The tactical machinist, and other build videos that help with the at home gunsmithing. unfortunately I have a feeling that it’s going to bring heat no matter which way we go. But we’re going to be straight shooting and no BS and no sponsorship. That’s the biggest one fully honest with just the criteria and showing you what is not even an opinion all the time. But thank you for responding. Actually I wish there was a channel devoted to Sportsman such as hunters. We have so little information out there unless it’s taught from hands on with a fellow Hunter or parent

4 Likes

Watch this guy to see what I consider best in class shooting sports presentation. Targets and hard data are presented on screen when he is shooting. He presents extreme detail but he doesn’t waste time. You will notice that the players in the PCP game seem to appreciate his efforts - he seems to have an impressive collection of sponsorships.

1 Like

How about a build video first on modifying a weapon and then a comparison video/challenge were the competition shooter runs a stock weapon while the other uses the modded one to compare how much mods can help versus training.

3 Likes

That was the original idea except that we were told quite frankly by YouTube that they would remove our videos from their roster and make them unsearchable. They do not want anyone making firearms on YouTube. Outside of that gun streamer will and so would fall 40. Thank you for taking time to respond to this threat

3 Likes

Yes he appears to have a lot of sponsorship going on. Air guns in the UK are king. Not so much here in the United States. I will say he thoroughly tests every avenue that you could think of between ammunition and shot symmetry. Very interesting watch. Thank you

4 Likes