M*CARBO Brotherhood

Mail in Matchs, any interest?

Im not just opposed to the social part… i dont want to support them as a business either.

6 Likes

Good comments everyone, I agree with all. Looks like 25 yards is a good fit for most and PCC might be included at that range (I do not own handguns) and standard range target (I also will be measuring off 25 yards in a makeshift range) or other target as long as it has a bulls eye, is there really that much difference (already mentioned, difficult to standardize targets)? What I cannot figure out and maybe a moderator can answer is why can the results not be posted here? Perhaps crate a new topic to house the event results?
Keep it simple.

5 Likes

I think the OP could post a target here for us to print so we are using the same or the target Moosecall put up. State the guidelines, and lets go!

5 Likes

Yes, let’s move ahead, we need a facilitator. Any thoughts?

3 Likes

Rifle/carbine:
25yds - 10 shots

Rimfire v. Centerfire
Optics v. Irons

That is a maximum of 4 entries per person for rifle/carbine.

Pistol
15yds - 5 shots
Rimfire v. Centerfire

That is maximum 2 entries per person for pistol.

Contest runs monthly. Shooters shoot unlimited trials, but maximum one entry per each of 6 contests. Entry is one picture showing scored target and firearm/ammo that shot the target.

Scoring:
Touching Black - 10 points (touching x ring black is + .1)
Touching Target Rings (white) - 5 points

Example - @Kona submits with 9 shots touching x ring black and 10th touching black. The target scores 100.9 out of maximum potential of 101. Submitted targets should be clearly scored and signed. The firearm and ammo should be included in the picture.

Wanna play? Here goes round 1. I will post a thread to receive entries later tonight. Entries will be accepted through midnight Central Time Zone on 15 June in that thread.

Ask your questions now 'cause I’ll open a contest thread tonight.

@Festus - I like the idea and figured you needed a push so we can start shooting and sharing entry photos. Folks may be way better shooters than me so targets and targets/scoring may need amended for a July contest. I also recognize that my lack of rules can have entrants shooting off hand or bench rest or prone or backwards sighted through a mirror - hopefully the shooters will share a little story about the targets on submission, but I don’t want to limit shooters. There is honor in entering and no shame for submitting scores less than the highest - we aren’t gunfighting so there are no losers.

10 Likes

@Dred ate his Wheaties this morning… :grinning:

Nice work.

8 Likes

Hey Dred
OK sounds great, thanks…
I have a question, and I made up a target with 10 shots.
I marked as you said. It is simple right, the attached:
4 in white (4 x 5) = 20
1 in black (1 x 10) = 10
1 in bullseye (10 + 1) = 11
TOTAL = 41
Is this correct? TYVM

2 Likes

I’d score that 47. 3 X 6 (= 18), + 8 + 10 + 11 = 47

2 Likes

Hi Festus
This is good to discuss.
Using your score I labelled the increments from 6 to 11 being bullseye. Is this correct?
BTW, are we starting outer ring at 6? Is this standard practice? I don’t know so thought I would ask.
Cheers,

3 Likes

I’m in, hitting the range Friday.

2 Likes

Typical “scored” targets start from the center and work out, just like you’ve illustrated. This is @Dred 's call. Watch for his new thread coming soon.

2 Likes

I see, all good, waiting for confirmation from Dred.
TYVM

3 Likes

Id say go 10rds for pistol too. Why drop to 5?
Im just thinking about changing targets, and saving a few trips downrange, or time spent running the shuttle back and forth at a timed range, .
Not that i dont need the extra steps anyway…:confused: Just a thought

2 Likes

See ya there 10:00am
Looking forward to it✌️

2 Likes

Don’t forget to print out some targets for yourself!

For clarification, I’m shooting two classes.

1. Rimfire rifle, 25 yards, scoped. If age ever plays a role in this, it’s safe to say I’m over >60.
    (Remington 597, Vortex scope, Blazer bulk)
  2. Centerfire rifle, 25yds, iron sights.
    (M16A1ish, the sights so equipped, handloads; 55gr FMJ 3000fps)
4 Likes

I score it as 4 x 5 + 2 x 10 + .1 = 60.1

Good discussion target! Touching scores so 2 hits on black. The .1 is a bullseye counter. Touching that inner black circle scores the .1

@Festus … feel free to slap me for grabbing and running. I’m just ready to start shooting. So figured I’d steal your idea and toss a contest out there to see what happens.

5 Likes

All the rings are the same? So what would the highest possible score be? (Still 110?)

4 Likes

Hmm…, that’s what I thought. On my first example I scored somewhat to the description Dred defined, or so I thought. The bullseye only counts an additional 0.1 NOT 1, got it.
All rings outside of the black count as 5 regardless.
I think I got it, based on your count. No problem.
TYVM

5 Likes

Aren’t we all. :+1: How are we to address the “honesty” factor? Time stamp photo? Singed by witness/time stamped?

5 Likes

Hmmm… OK so 4x5=20 + 2x10=20 + 0.1 = 60.1
I think you meant to say 40.1 not 60.1
Is that correct? If so then I volunteer you to tally all the scores. just kidding…
Cheers,

6 Likes