M*CARBO Brotherhood

MagGuts Good To Go?

Interesting. My LCP Magguts had a stock looking spring, but much shorter and the flat/folded leaf looking spring assembly for the lower half. I haven’t shot with it yet, but everything cycles by hand like butter, slide locks back on empty, etc.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s me. One other thing I remember, the springs and follower didn’t hold the slide lock lever up as far as the S&W ones when mag. was empty. I bought them when they had just hit the market on a two-for-one deal. That was two or three years ago and was the plus two kit. Maybe they have improved since then. I carry them daily and am paranoid of untimely failures. Like I said, Their customer support is good.

2 Likes

@Wedge G42 MagGuts spring on the left and stock G42 spring on the right.

G42 MagGuts +1 mag on the left (stock plate), +1 mag plate in middle and +2 mag plate on right.

2 Likes

Cool. They look like almost the exact same spring. I wonder if the extra round fits because of the thinner follower. I like my G43, but Glock pissed me off with that 6 and 3/4rds round magazine. I can push that 7th round down in the mag until the feed lips are at the top of the primer pocket, but it just won’t go in. Come on, Glock… You couldn’t have made the magazine 2-3mm longer for a 7th round? I put the Taran Tactical +1 baseplate on all my mags at well over $30 a pop and there is absolutely zero noticeable difference in carry size. That baseplate is only a few mms thicker, which is the tiny distance from the edge of the primer pocket to the edge of the case on a 9mm round.

2 Likes

@Wedge With the MagGuts mag and 7 rounds in I can still push another round almost 2/3 in, the stock mag with 6 rounds in dosen’t go down much more. The MagGuts mag will be great for pocket carry but I like the pinky extension +1 mag so that is good for IWB carry and the +2 mag is the most comfortable for practice/target shooting.

1 Like

You’d IWB carry a G42? I wouldn’t even IWB my G43, which is bigger. It’s a pocket gun to me. If I’m going to carry IWB, I can easily get a G19 in there. Then again, I pocket carried the G26 brick for years, too. LOL

@Wedge I guess it is all what you are comfortable with, it’s hard to notice the G42 no matter how I carry it (very slim) and I like that. My brother carrys a G43 and says it’s a little big for comfortable carry for him, he lives in warmer climate not wearing heavy clothes at all.

1 Like

Yeah, I “cheat” a bit because I live in cargo pants/shorts depending on the time of the year. But, it still gets plenty hot here in Utah a large part of the year. Same for when I lived down in AZ, but even more :+1:so.

think they make the 'extenders" for the 1911 magazines as well dont they wedge?,

not the same kit, but the finger grip sleeve (bottom) that fits on the std military 7 round magazines, but allow it to be used in the 5 rnd ultra compacts they lock up good and tight, no slop and FTF.

gives 2 extra rounds have to dig one out and look at the name on em.

1 Like