M*CARBO Brotherhood

MagGuts Good To Go?

I’ve seen these Magguts conversion kits that use the OEM magazine tube/baseplate with just swapping the guts to increase capacity. I’m thinking of ordering a few kits to convert my Ruger LCP II mags from six to seven rounds. Anyone use Magguts kits and, if so, how’s the reliability and all that jazz? Thanks! :smiley:

7 Likes

@Wedge Just watched a video where a guy loaded and unloaded a Glock 42 mag with MagGuts 1000 times then took it to the range and shot with no issues, all other videos were good reviews as well. Very interesting product, just ordered two for my G42.

5 Likes

Dang, that’s dedication! I wonder how long that took. LOL

2 Likes

@Wedge It took the guy a couple of months loading and unloading between 15-20 times each night…and I thought I didn’t have a life. :laughing: He said a mag spring wears more from loading and unloading than just from sitting fully loaded?

4 Likes

That’s what I’ve always heard.

5 Likes

Yup. Same here. All my mags are loaded and ready to rock.

5 Likes

I converted 2 of my 9mm S&W Shield 8rd mags a couple years ago. Now I have 9+1 In a nice small IWB package :+1: Hundreds of rounds - no issues.

3 Likes

@TriggerHappy can you get a an extended magizine for remington 597 .22 mag how much for one in america

@hunter1916 I searched a bit and only found 8 rnd mags for the magnum…

1 Like

I’ve been running Magguts in my LCP magazines since 2012… never had an issue. If they made them for the P938… I’d convert all of them, as well. If you have a P938, send them an email and request it. :wink:

They do cost a little bit, added onto the costs for the magazines you are converting. But the LCP has a six round magazine (flush fit). I carry it in a Recluse rear pocket holster, which allows for a spare magazine. Brought the amount of .380 in my rear pocket from 13 to 15. Two rounds might not seem like a big deal to most, but at no increase to the profile of the gun, it is definitely well worth it.

3 Likes

I was just about to post some complacent, whiney sob story about lack of 938 support. I’ll go send them an email instead - better move.

ETA: Sent to info@magguts.com

2 Likes

They cost a lot, comparatively. LOL As much or more as another magazine. And, I have six mags to eventually upgrade since I like to have two complements of carry mags. One in the gun and two spares and then a backup to all that.

3 Likes

@TriggerHappy thanks for the help dave

1 Like

I think it was last summer a coworker of mine was all excited because he found a really good deal on a S&W Shield, after rebate he said it was $279. He bought one for himself and one for his daughter. I suggested the Magguts upgrade and he looked at me like I was from another planet - $30 TO ADD ONE ROUND?!?! I looked at him and said - $279 FOR A BRAND NEW S&W?!?! What is your life worth? I came to the conclusion a few years ago that when considering a new firearm you determine the price and DOUBLE it (at least) to budget for accessories and upgrades. And when considering the cost of ammo for SD weapon figure on the best available not the cheapest.

8 Likes

I’m aware…

4 Likes

welcome to the forum john

1 Like

re: 938

Not entirely good news, but a polite response.

Edit to add … screen captures give me fits on this phone.

4 Likes

Tryed them on my m&p shield 9. Worked good for a about three hundred rounds. After that, the bolt wouldn’t hold open on empty mag. After examination, I noticed that the edge of the little shelf on the follower was worn away and was failing to operate the slide release lever properly.
Switched back to oem and no problems since. I decided carrying a couple of mags on my belt would be a better option. All this being said, I called them and they will work with you about any issues. Very good customer service. They asked me to send them back for examination and they would make things right, but I said screw it and just pulled them, threw em’ in a drawer went back to oem. Just lazy I guess.

5 Likes

Did they offer to email you a pre-paid shipping label? If so, and you didn’t send them back, yeah, that’s pretty lazy. LOL

1 Like

@Wedge I got my MagGuts today, but for the G42 the springs look the same as the stock springs not the flat springs I see. Will install this weekend, very interested to see how they work.

2 Likes