M*CARBO Brotherhood

Magazine Problems

I haven’t had any jams or feed issues with my 40 gen2. Although I haven’t shot a huge amount, I have shot most rnds in it.
Do you have that problem with all rounds or just the 155 grain?

1 Like

It jams on pretty much anything. I think the mags need to be kept loaded for awhile, I might be rotating them too much, I have five of the 22-round sticks and I always have two resting. What’s odd is that it doesn’t seem to jam much until it’s fired at least have the mag. And the jam is always the same, round nose-up instead of feeding smoothly into the chamber. I’m convinced the new steel feed ramp will help.

1 Like

@papajohn You mention the 22 round mags giving you problems, but how does the original factory mag do? The steel ramp definitely helps with feeding.

1 Like

ah, that is interesting. i use the factory glock 22 15 rnd mag. Could be to do with the mags for some reason based on your experience.

1 Like

what are the ballistics are for your 155 reloads

1 Like

Who’s the manufacturer for your mags? It could be that the mag spring is putting too much pressure in the front and causing it to go nose up, also what kind of casing are you using? Some casing can bind if the mag doesn’t have sufficient lube, first thing I do with any new mag is take it apart and oil the springs and make sure the inside is smooth.

1 Like

I concur that it’s a magazine/spring issue, too much tension or not in the right place. All my mags are factory Glocks, I have 13, 15 and 22 rounders. I don’t use the smaller mags much but they have all been in the gun when it jammed. As I said, once I replace the feed ramp it should be a lot more reliable.

Ballistics of my handload are 1252 fps from the 16" barrel with the 155 plated round nose.

3 Likes

ok. I’m limited to rifle and shotgun knowledge for the most part and dont have much exp. with pistols
( especially compared to all those here) beyond the average so this might be a stupid question.
You answered one of my next questions, that being if they were lead or plated…
2nd is are they a hollow base bullet.? Im guessing they are.
If so that would make them have a slightly longer profile.
My thought was,
if the overall length of the round was somehow a fraction longer, causing the “extracting” casing to graze the bullet nose of the upcoming round. Thus flipping the tip up and out of the mag causing the jam.
Maybe a full mag has enough spring tension to hold the rounds in place as it gets grazed but not enough in the last half of the mag.

you said it was any rounds though didn’t ya.? saved you the time of shooting a hole in my theory. LOL Did it my self.!

2 Likes

It’s a hollow-base bullet but I load everything to the same OAL (1.155") so that notion doesn’t seem valid. I remain convinced it’s as much a feed ramp issue as anything else, and it’s on the list to be fixed.

2 Likes

The feed ramp NEEDS to be upgraded anyway, the polymer is a joke, it’s only a matter of time before it fails.

3 Likes

Time does wear on all for sure. I only have 5-600 through mine so its not worn at all yet.

I expected your OAL was spec. I was thinking more about the spacial position of the round nose during its cycle.

I know it was a bit of a stretch. LOL when I started the reply i was thinking of only that bullet jamming.

after i sent it i remembered it was all. then i had to edit myself for being dumb.

1 Like