M&P Shields X 4

I ordered two Shield spring kits for a couple of my non Performance Center Shields to give them a try.
Have had an M&P Shield for a long while & picked up a 2nd then a 3rd & a 4th of the 3.1" M&P Shields.
Two are a the early more single stacks & two are the Shield Pluses
I have put factory flat faced Shield Plus triggers in both my early Shields + two of the four are PC models
Put my 40 PC 1.0 into a M2.0 frame & put the M2.0 9mm into the M1.0s frame
Working on slickening up the two non Performance Center Shields currently

9 Likes

Here is my two early Shields that got the factory Shield Plus flat faced triggers

8 Likes

Here’s the M2.0 9mm in the M1.0 frame

7 Likes

My Optics Ready Shield Plus had a sticking striker safety plunger, see the burs below the plunger in this photo & how the plunger is depressed without being pushed down totally deactivating the safety & making the pistol not drop safe
I have since removed the rear sight & removed the burrs & smoothed & polished the inside of the slides plunger hole + broke the edge on the plunger & polished it up
It now awaits the M*CARBO Spring Kit to finish installation

6 Likes

After

6 Likes

Welcome! Do you give them each different names to help tell them apart? Maybe color code the mags? :laughing: Just kidding - kind of… Nice pics!

How will you decide which one to shoot in the monthly Sharpshooter Matches? :smile:

:christmas_tree::mag_right: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :mag_right: :christmas_tree:

9 Likes

I see nothing wrong with this…for the record. :grinning:

8 Likes

I got my two M*CARBO spring kits today & have installed one in the Optics Ready Shield Plus, its trigger pull now rivals my Performance Center Shield Plus
Very Happy with the results & will be putting the 2nd kit in one of my other Shields soon
Need to get a few photos
The slave pin, I cleaned up with a file & spun it & tapered one end making it much easier to push through the trigger, spring & frame when pushing it through with the trigger pivot pin
Cut a small piece of old credit card to retain the striker safety spring & retainer & used my padded vice to get the rear sight all but in place & used a brass punch to center it up perfectly
A 100% Perfect Install & the trigger is smooth & crisp
Photos to come.

4 Likes

A few photos I took after finishing & show tools needed = 1/8" Roll Pin Punch & Starter Punch + elf hammers & other punches etc.
M*Carbo needs to list this spring kit to also work in M&P Shield Pluses too!
On other forums people are asking
There have been a couple folks with MASS. Compliant guns with 10lb triggers & the trigger kit gives what they need to bring it down below 5lbs for $25, S&W doesn’t sell these parts & Apex cost too much
Haven’t looked at Wolff but will
Gary/Hk

5 Likes

Just used my last M*CARBO Spring Kit on my Performance Center 40 Shield Hybrid 1.0/2.0

4 Likes

I’m guessing that you like them! I love my shield, it goes everywhere with me, I installed a spring kit and smoothed some trigger parts and put on fiberoptic sights. It shoots just as good as some of my full size pistols.

2 Likes

Here’s one for the M*CARBO Forum
A use for an old factory M&P Shield Trigger Return Spring
I have a Springfield Hellcat that has been missing the factory circlip that retains the rear pin that holds the sear housing in the pistol
I fashioned one from the small round end of the factory return spring that fits so well it won’t even fall out of the housing & the pin has to be tapped through to seat, see the remains between the two punches below
Thought about putting a Hogue slip-on grip on it to fix the issue but it is now 100% & ready for the holster, I put a SIG Romeo Zero on this pistol & ended up with eight magazines for it + a holster for $376.90/$400OTD

#20 in this diagram

1 Like

I have a 5th M&P Shield coming soon
Stopped & put it on Lay-a-way this afternoon
Cost was $299
This is the M2.0 No Manual Safety “AS NEW” w/ Box, extra magazine etc.
Ordered a M*Carbo spring kit for it a moment ago too

It will be also getting a Shield Plus Flat Faced Trigger & a Green Recoil Spring Assembly from a Shield Plus… These older ones had a red recoil spring designed for the 40 S&W only & were hard to rack & cycle because of that…Its frame will be going on my 40 Performance Center Shield M2.0/M1.0 with Ported barrel & slide with Trijicon night sights…
I already have six extra magazines for the 9mm M1.0/M2.0 & ordered three spacers for the magazines to be the M2.0 texture for $5.99ea.
This has been a plan for a while & it just all came together when this Shield M2.0 came up for sale @ $299 a local pawn shop
Gun was bought during the pandemic & has never been fired or even loaded as far as I can tell
I removed the slide & it still has the cosmoline like it is NEW

1 Like

SCORED 5th M&P Shield Today for $300 NEW
Opened it up & installed an M*CARBO Spring kit + a Shield Plus Flat Faced Trigger in it…

3 Likes

I just had to have it for $300, Plus it was let me use my last Shield Spring Kit + Shield Plus Trigger & Recoil Spring Assembly & now it’s a Keeper it also does not have a manual safety like three of my other which I never use…

1 Like