M*CARBO Brotherhood

M&P Shield Safety

Anyone else find the button a little lacking?

Anyone else interested in a solution even if it mean disassembling the weapon to install ?

4 Likes

I have not had a problem with mine but always interested in new solutions.

2 Likes

I was so focused on the on/off that I did not realize the only trouble I was having was putting it in safety.
Putting it in fire position is easy as pie.

May not do much with it but it could be easier to put in safe than it is if the thumb button was raise a tad or was shifted forward for me .

1 Like

I always resist making any changes to a carry gun. If, God forbid, I had to use it in a self defense scenario I don’t want to give a lawyer any ammunition (pun intended) to use against me in a courtroom. I keep mine completely stock, and use boring ammo. I’m too pretty for prison.

5 Likes

Makes sense.

I may not want to carry this either due to that thought.

1 Like

That’s a false problem. If a shooting is not justified, then you go to prison no matter what.
If that shooting is justified, it doesn’t matter if you make small functional changes, as long as they aren’t illegal in your jurisdiction (magazine capacity and type of ammo in NJ).
It’s not a ND, but a deliberate one. Jury will have to decide if that was justified or not.
There was no case where a real self defense case was overturned because mods to the gun.
https://armedcitizensnetwork.org/gun-modifications
I don’t even have a factory “safety” on my EDC pistol, the kydex holster is the safety.
A lighter trigger and better sights are essential to me, as to any prudent person, because I don’t want to miss hitting the threat and hit something that I don’t intend to hit.

4 Likes

@SoNic All valid points for a criminal trial. However, when civil case starts (and it will) the lawyer will use your mods against you… guaranteed. You killed poor little Johnny using a modified gun. Since most jurors are ignorant of the truth the attorney will play 100% off their emotions.
Do as you please, but on my EDC’s… all stock with the exception of my iron sites. I just don’t want to be the first person they made an example of.
I don’t t take chances, I analyze and minimize risk versus reward.

2 Likes

And … your carry insurance doesn’t cover civil liability?

3 Likes

But, because of those mods, I didn’t kill the Gammy that was crossing the street behind the threat.
Or the two beautiful children playing along.
See, I was just prudent, because I found out that was not accurate with my factory gun. It was a cheap model, we all know that the manufacturers cut costs to maximize the profit. They are the evil!

The only way to truly do that is not carry and get killed. Then you won’t be sued/prosecuted.

I know that mine does.

2 Likes

An extremist pattern? Wow.
OK, will not to bother you anymore.

You may be right, but then again you may be wrong. It’s not something that I’m willing to risk going to jail over, or spending 10s of thousands of dollars over, especially when there are several carry pistols available today with great triggers and sights available stock from the manufacturer, and ammo that works great but doesn’t say RIP or Zombie Max. I don’t see it as a problem, it’s just something to consider when making you carry gun choice. I believe Zimmerman was vilified just for carrying one in the chamber. Anything and everything will be used against you in a court of law. I want to limit that if at all possible.

1 Like

That’s the only way to carry, in my opinion. Unless you have an old wheel gun and you carry with the hammer down on an empty chamber

2 Likes

I am not kidding. If you are afraid of that, you probably should not carry. The small internal changes to the gun don’t matter as the circumstances of when you shot someone. I pray that I will never have to do it.
Heck, if you go that route… even if you train at range, with your carry gun, can be called by prosecutors as “training to kill”.
Insurance is mandatory if you carry.

Really? That’s why you think he was vilified? Nothing to do with skin color of the “actors”?
Another one that is vilified is Rittenhouse.
The Inconvenient Truth About the Kyle Rittenhouse Shooting in Kenosha | by Shameen Yakubu | Navigating Life | Medium

2 Likes

2 Likes

Regardless , modified or not modified . I would rather be judged by a jury than carried by my family to my grave .

Civil cases will be brought if you use a gun , knife or a log found on the ground to eliminate that person intent on taking a life or doing bodily damage to you or your family.

Sad that in this world you must prove innocence.

I really don’t care at this point . I am older and have less time to worry about these “trivial” questions.

If someone intends to do harm to me or my wife , I will stop them. The aftermath is a secondary issue to that primary issue.

I didn’t come on here to get into a pissing match about any of it which is where my question ended up .

I will make do with what I have and mod anything they way I see fit to accommodate my ability to defend myself and family. Everything else is secondary .

9 Likes

Exactly!
If you decided to defend yourself, you need to make everything you can to survive an eventual encounter with a deadly threat. That’s the primary concern.

2 Likes

^This^
Ambulance Chasers will attempt to cite anything.
Get an Umbrella policy and Carry Insurance.

3 Likes

I agree, but it just goes to show you what a prosecutor will bring up to make a defendant look bad. It’s probably a very small percentage of those who carry that don’t have one in the pipe.

I don’t need your advice on how or if I should carry, I have the advice of experts who’s opinions I value for that. I am also not afraid, I just understand what the risks are and take steps to mitigate them without lessening my defensive capability. It’s really not that difficult, if you are not so stubborn that you will risk your own well being just to prove a point.

1 Like

I didn’t mean or say that, it’s just one of the things he was vilified for. It’s just an example of one of the things that can, and has been used by a prosecutor.

1 Like