M*CARBO Brotherhood

M*CARBO Trigger Upgrade Work

Hi there,

This my first post so I apologize if my search didn’t yield the proper answer for my question.

I would love to buy the Performance Trigger Job Bundle, but I’m definitely not comfortable with doing the work myself. I’m way likely to botch it. If it can go wrong it will go wrong for me. :slight_smile:

So my question… Is there someone that provides this service? I’m in the Raleigh, NC area but more than willing to send my Sub2K to a reputable person/company for the work.

Thoughts or recommendations on how I should proceed?

3 Likes

Welcome aboard Greg - here ya go…

https://www.mcarbo.com/kel-tec-installation-service-for-m-carbo-parts.aspx

MCARBO’s website is a veritable treasure trove of information and resources.

7 Likes

I had a local gunsmith install my MCARBO trigger parts. I tried to do it myself, the installation videos, and the support here made it seem simple enough, but it evaded me. Works perfectly, couldn’t be happier :+1:

3 Likes

I believe MCARBO or Kel-Tec will install it for a small fee.

3 Likes

@GNice4U welcome to the forum you must be number 2002 enjoy and have some fun and some very helpful conversations

1 Like

Thanks so much. Really appreciate the information!

4 Likes

I’m preparing to do the trigger upgrade kit by watching the new video. Chris shows the new trigger with a shim (in its own tiny plastic bag). My (curved) trigger did NOT have a shim. Is the shim important? Should I go ahead with installing the new trigger without the shim, or contact M*CARBO and ask for the shim?

I just want it to be “right” upon reassembly.

Arch

My sub 2k was made June 2019. Did the complete package myself. I noticed when disassembling grip to dismantle both grips, the original keltec screws on grip were definitely not tight. Following along step-by-step made things simple for me,exept when it came time to place the grip halves together. I did not look closely at design of trigger spring, so had a little problem until I figured it out. When I applied red lock tote because that was all I had available at the time, I tightened the grip screws too tight, and ran into a couple of issues for doing this. I called the next day and was told red locktite is permanent, but blue is temporary. I went to the hardware store, bought the blue and proceeded to back out each individual screw, drop some blue on the threads and screw them back in. If I couldn’t back screw out because it was spinning, and the other one was backing out instead, I tightened that screw, twisted the screw back and forth the screw I was trying to back out that was spinning. After doing all the screws, I then placed an Allen key on both sides of the same pin, spun both back and forth and guestimated the torque I encountered when I first disassembled the grip. I also put a little gun oil, (I use LSA), where the trigger guard rubs/pivots on the grip. Couldn’t work any better.

3 Likes

I have the same issue. What was the outcome regarding the shim?

1 Like

Some grip halves allow some side-to-side movement of the trigger. The shim takes up the slop.

3 Likes