M*CARBO RADIO: (What Are You Listening To?)

Just saw this in the news.

3 Likes

Here’s another I like…it’s a little different, combines celtic/ mid evil tempos with modern instruments. Hope you enjoy.

4 Likes

They did a good job with Hunger Strike. :+1:

2 Likes

@Sscenters I think I have heard them before. Seems kinda’ familiar, like maybe one of my buddy’s brought a cd of them over or something.

1 Like

This is a great 4 1/2 hour, New Years Eve 1973, Allman Brothers & Jerry Garcia Show with awesome sound and set list.

4 Likes

They were a hoot. Amazing how they could be so funny and never had to resort to using four-letter words.

1 Like

@jeffing65

It is unfortunate of the ‘frequency’ of accidental shootings! A heartfelt prayer for the families and loved ones affected by these tragedies!

2 Likes

@Dane I agree. If you look back at the great comedians and performers of the past (Jack Benny, George Burns, Dean Martin, Bob Hope, Bing Crosby, Carol Burnett, Lucile Ball, just to name a few) they had a quality that was above the need for four letter words and vulgarity.

4 Likes

@lonewolf And that one is not only tragic it’s one of those that are just stupid.

3 Likes
2 Likes

@jeffing65

How about ie. Bruce Lee’s son (Brandon) when filming on the set, ‘The Crow’ back in the early 1990’s? A ‘part of a blank’ got chambered and struck him in the heart… He was among one of my martial arts heroes! That was a very unfortunate loss of ‘our’ community back then!

4 Likes

@lonewolf Yeah, same kinda’ thing

3 Likes

@jeffing65

In fact, it happened on ‘my’ birthday (which is today.) That is ‘messed up???’ Now, thinking about it! It was the year 1993…

3 Likes

@lonewolf @jeffing65 Bruce and Linda were well know in our Family, They used to get together for dinner,once or twice a month when Bruce wasn’t Filming somewhere.

3 Likes

@DivaMarie

Of course I had idolized Bruce as a child! I had trained martial arts from age 6 1/2 to 19. My father was partners with another Vietnam Vet, by the name of Malcolm Perkins. He and my father were listed in ‘Who’s Who In Martial Arts.’ They had run 2 Tae Kwon Do Studios in NJ under the name of Ninja Karate Academy. Our schools were very popular back in the early 80’s. We were affiliated under a man by the name of Grandmaster Richard Sands of PA. He was an Hachi (8th Dan) Black Belt who respectively trained under Gichen Funakashi (founding father of Karate Do) deciple Sun Tu Se (Tae Kwon Do) founding father who brought the art form into USA in 1948 making ‘me’ a 3rd Generation student. I can ‘sound off’ on many stories, as well. I had gotten to know Bill ‘Super Foot’ Wallace myself as well as a few others! Thanks for helping me ‘celebrate’ my birthday with a few extra fond memories! I would love to hear some of your fond memories of Bruce and the family some time… It was wonderful of you to ‘jar my mind’ loose from my medicine induced ‘labotomic state’ caused by ‘opoid addiction…’ The doctor’s choice drug that allows me to live a semi-comfortable life! :roll_eyes: Not that I should have any complaints? Pray that you and yours are having a wonderful day, sis!

4 Likes

As my Fading Memory serves me! My brother met Bruce @ one of the Studios in Bellevue Washington in the spring of 66’ I left for Danang with Orders in June.

4 Likes

@DivaMarie

I wasn’t even a ‘twinkle’ in anyone’s eyes until 68’… Even my parents were ‘disgusted’ at an early age. They always said that I was an ‘old soul’ because I was always theorizing and philosophizing many ideas at such a young age. I would rather be socializing with the adults than playing outside with the kids. I had always found myself in trouble because of it!

4 Likes

@lonewolf

6 Likes

@dave67

Thank you so much! I had really gotten a big chuckle out of this one…Bruce was really an exhibitionist (more so than any ‘philosopher,’ in my humble opinion. From what I had learned, he was quite the ‘humanitarian’ in his day!

5 Likes

How awesome. That is very cool.:+1:

4 Likes