M*CARBO RADIO: (What Are You Listening To?) 🎧

a big Happy Birthday shout out to Jimmy Page

who is 78 today!

269977185_10220122966767590_1621035447519912437_n

(upload://nAtce3SUlK74QFYSI6967yL5Qm0.jpeg)

8 Likes
3 Likes

Woodstock Co-Creator Michael Lang Dead at 77 (vulture.com)

4 Likes
5 Likes

Hard to go wrong with a little Alvin Lee and Ten Years After. As a bonus, I think Al had one of the best electric guitarist “What’s that smell?” faces of all time…frequently displayed while riffing or soloing.

2 Likes

A young Joe Walsh has a similar guitar ‘face’

5 Likes

Indeed. We all try, but some just manage the face much better, even creating variants. :grinning:

James Gang, another personal favorite. :+1:

3 Likes

What the hell, bunch of ugly guys :weary:

How about some all girl bands for a while :wink:

Larry :innocent:

6 Likes

They don’t even look old enough to drive. :thinking:

Sorry, gonna have to pass on this one, still much prefer the “ugly guys” version. I’m afraid these girls are a packaged musical product (note the Disney logo), not necessarily talented musicians. Unfortunately, that “formula” is more common than not these days.

Hmmm…I’d rather be wrong, but…

From Wikipedia:

KSM (band)

History

2006–2008: Formation

KSM was formed in a joint project between The Walt Disney Company and former chart-topping girl band The Go-Go’s. The Go-Go’s were looking for an all-girl pop band to mentor and held auditions in 2006. Four musicians (Padilla, Cecil, Cabebe, and Melon; all age 13-15 at the time) were selected and the group was originally developed as a Go-Go’s cover band called the Po-Go’s. Disney planned to replicate its success with Devo 2.0, a kids’ version of the '80s new wave band Devo, with the possibility of the Po-Go’s appearing in a movie or TV series.

3 Likes

actually I didn’t have a clue to who they were, just changing the ugly guy pictures :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Larry :innocent:

2 Likes

I know, I wasn’t figuring you had all their albums… :grinning:

3 Likes

IMG_0726

SO true.

3 Likes

Maybe a compromise can be reached with a little Sam Fish or Ana Popovic…

6 Likes
6 Likes

Dave ,
I know you are really doing good but Festus has better looking girls. and I remember that song. LOL

Larry. :innocent:

PS It’s also obvious you and I are bored to death. :wink:

4 Likes

I agree a compromise.

Larry :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Nah, just doing my best to avoid work… :rofl:

5 Likes

May I then recommend:
“Work and how to avoid it” by Hans Doolittle.

4 Likes

@LarrySr I BELIVE THATS AN CHEAP TRICK SONG

2 Likes

Correct… Cheap Trick
It was released as a studio produced single in 1977… it didn’t make the charts in the US. Then in 1979 the band released the live version and made it into a top ten on the music charts.

3 Likes