M*CARBO Brotherhood

M*CARBO RADIO: (What Are You Listening To?) 🎧

They might (they should, anyway), but it was pretty early when I typed that reply.

I also like Dr. John’s version as well as one Paul Weller did. Very different styles to the same song, all excellent.

He was, indeed. Killer voice, and from a relatively small dude no less.

Tragic, particularly because not only is it suspected he started it by falling asleep with a lit cigarette, but I believe there was evidence to suggest he woke up but couldn’t find his way out of the room before the smoke got him. As long as we’re listening to him, he lives on. Immortality of sorts.

4 Likes

Ok…I know there are a lot of country fans on this site and old school white boy music (me too). However, if you graduated high school in '81 like I did, you bridged a lot of gaps between rock and disco and etc. I’m a rocker through and through but if you wanted to survive the proms you had to to get out there to something like “I’m your boogie man” from KC and the Sunshine band. White Zombie did a version of that same song with a very different vibe much later. Back in the day, you might have heard KC’s version over the exhaust note of my 67 GTO in between AC/DC and Van Halen. However, these days you’ll be more apt to hear White Zombie’s version over the exhaust note of my 72 Cutlass. So, who did it better? KC or Zombie? You know you like one of them…

4 Likes

@Dr_Olds
I have to say KC, but then I’m not a big Rob Zombie fan, so that probably skews my choice a bit.

3 Likes

So my vote lies here. I didn’t weather the disco era well.

5 Likes

And here I had you figured for a “Saturday Night Fever” John Travolta type all this time… :rofl:

6 Likes

Ouch, that hurt. xyz bot

6 Likes

In more ways than one, it would… :rofl:

6 Likes

I was class of '76 and you, good sir were not alone! I despise disco more than rap, if that’s possible! (tho I did make an exception for Moonshine Bandits)

3 Likes
2 Likes

Band - maid kick
Have a friend in Japan getting me some Band-Maid merch!

Trident is good to

4 Likes
4 Likes

Hard to top Miranda and Danica but this here just might do it

5 Likes
8 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

Just heard this for the first time in a LONG time. Not their most popular… but brings back some awesome memories for this cowboy.

5 Likes
2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like