M*CARBO RADIO: (What Are You Listening To?)

@jeffing65

Wow! Did not know that! Gary Moore was about the most under-appreciated guitarist ever!

3 Likes

@SnuffySmiff

I agree. And he is one of the masters. Like Clapton, Warren Haynes, and the like. I have posted some Gary Moore in the past. One was on oct 18 if you want to scroll back to it.

2 Likes

Yet another greatly under-appreciated artist IMHO is another slide bluesman, Sonny Landreth…

2 Likes
2 Likes

On 19 March, Eric Clapton joined the Allman Brothers Band on stage at The Beacon Theatre in New York City for the first of two historic guest appearances. Other guests that evening were Susan Tedeschi and Danny Louis of Gov’t Mule.

1. Introduction
  2. Key To The Highway
  3. Dreams
  4. Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad
  5. Little Wing
  6. Anyday
  7. Layla
  8. Ending
2 Likes

@SnuffySmiff
“Never judge a book by its cover” “Great musicians you’ve never heard of” “underrated, under-appreciated artists”
Hmmmmm… we ought to swing back around to JOANNA CONNOR for a couple more, me thinks.

2 Likes

@ jeffing65

Yup, a Lita Ford she ain’t! But what she does with that Gibson is something else! Bit of a downer learning that she is one of them ‘bernouts’ but I reckon if I only listened to the artists I agreed with politically, I wouldn’t get to hear near as much…

2 Likes

one of the latest southern boogie bands to make their mark

3 Likes
3 Likes

Don’t recollect ever hearing of this guy before today (I don’t get out near as much these days!) but it is impressive

along with this near 30-year-old gem-I can barely remember Warren being this young:

another great classic-with a near-teenage-looking Derek Trucks

2 Likes

How ‘bout some late Friday night sho’ 'nuff blues?

3 Likes

two of my all-time fav bands-The Outlaws and Molly Hatchet!

4 Likes

@SnuffySmiff Gem indeed! And they do look young.

I almost posted Fall of the Peacemakers a couple of weeks ago. :+1:

2 Likes

Up until around age 12 all I’d ever really listened to was bluegrass and hard-core country thanks to my folks. The summer before turning 13 was when I discovered rock n’ roll and it was due to hearing Rod Stewart’s ‘Maggie May’ and ‘Losing You’ that literally turned my little world upside down! My folks were absolutely mortified and began acting like I was on dope! Looking back now it was funny but not at the time! Anyway, there was only one group that Rod Stewart ever fronted that I would or could ever listen to and that was The Faces…

2 Likes

Man, this ‘gettin’ old’ chit is really-and I mean REALLY gettin’ old!!! I just barely twisted the left knee this afternoon whilst walking out to the car and tonight it’s done got all swoll’ up and is now hurtin’ like a mother! Tiger Balm, ice, and pain meds ain’t even touching it!

Oh well, not much I can do about it but perhaps some ABB will help…?

2 Likes

3 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

This song was written by Bo Diddley.

and this is a Sam Cooke song.

3 Likes