M*CARBO Brotherhood

M*CARBO Notch Or Peep Rear Sight?

Looking for opinions. I want to replace the factory rear sight in my sub, with one of the MCARBO upgrades. Should I go with the notch or peep sight?

Thanks for your thoughts!

8 Likes

Hey Bri! Great question I had the same one for the longest time and I finally went with the peep sight. I was really impressed to discover after I installed the MCARBO peep sight I did not need to make any further adjustments, the sub was still dead on! I’m no expert like some of the other users on the forum but these are simply my opinions. Also it seems like the new optic mount co-witnesses beautifully with the peep sight. Hope this helps and at the end of the day I think you’ll be happy with either.

9 Likes

@Bri, that’s a tough one. The one I got for my first S2K was the notch sight. When I ordered my MSERIES S2K I got the peep sight. I like them both but I feel the notch is quicker on target. Probably some out there that will disagree with me, to each their own. All that being said, I have another MSERIES on order and I ordered a notch sight on this one. I like the way a red dot will cowitness with the notch better.

8 Likes

Thanks. I appreciate your thoughts on the subject!

4 Likes

Thanks much! They both look like great options.

4 Likes

I just dilled out the factory sight. Now I see the world lol

7 Likes

I like a notch, but prefer the peep. helps my old eyes focus better…less clutter

7 Likes

I got a peep sight for my SUB and my buddy ordered notched. I like the peep sight.

9 Likes

I have found that over the years Peeps are where at!

8 Likes

I would say it’s all personal preference. I ended up with the peep sight and a front post from Blitzkrieg for what it’s worth.

8 Likes

Thanks to everyone who weighed in on this. Looks like most who had a preference, prefer the peep.

6 Likes

MISERIES until I get one…

4 Likes

I did the peep, but like some have noted, it really is personal preference. No doubt there are guys shooting the notch with wicked accuracy and vice versa. I probably would have been ok with either, the main attraction for me was the added height. :+1:

4 Likes

You are getting a new sight no matter what, you have a peep now, take a took cut it to a notch then decide if you liked the original peep better than the notch you just created and order that one.

4 Likes

I might just do that! Thanks

3 Likes

@Pew_Ding Thanks for the unintentional tip on those Blitzkrieg front posts, they’ve got some really nice options. :+1: Which post did you go with?

2 Likes

Red Chevron. I haven’t hit the range since I got the post installed; still need to sight it in. But I have used the peep sight several times. Very worth it in my opinion. I couldn’t bend my head down far enough… comfortably with the stock front sights. It makes it funnier to shoot. Of course, even better to shoot with other mcarbo upgrades added as well :wink:

3 Likes

Yep, same issue here. I mean, I can, but it’s not pleasant after only a few seconds.

I’m liking the additional visibility those posts afford over the stock one. Funny as I hadn’t considered replacing the front post until I saw your reply and googled it, but it’s now moved to the “serious consideration” column on my now rather short mod list. :grinning:

3 Likes

Next thing you know you’ll be looking to change out the front sight block. Because of a possible 75% improvement and you’re messing with the front sight anyways…

3 Likes

So you ditched the entire stock front sight as well?

2 Likes