M*CARBO Brotherhood

M*CARBO Hospital 🏨

You take it handy jefft1967 all will be here tomorrow, I must be getting old I was cutting trees down and logging them on Friday for a few hours and I’m still aching all over since

8 Likes

I’ve aggravated my back so bad may need to go see my back doc I understand in our minds we are those teenager who can do anything never sore and never gets hurt now we stub our toes we walk with a limp for a week

9 Likes

Yeah sometimes we think we’re invincible @jefft1967

8 Likes

@hunter1916 @Jefft1967 We sure do pay for the Times we Continue to OD our body’s when we get Old’ Thinking we can play in the wood pile with Big Ass Wet Hemlock Rounds and not Suffer for a day or two.
:sunglasses:

8 Likes

way i figure it, in my case, i danced with the devil a mite bit too long. I called the tune now im simply paying the fiddler. they bad days, and they worse days, but on occasion a good day. you look fwd to those :smiling_imp:

11 Likes

@GOBLIN As my 81 year old Dad would say “be thankful you were able to wake up this morning and complain about your aches and pains, it is still better than the alternative”…he has a positive outlook on everything.

8 Likes

some day we will all wake up dead no aches or pains to worry about :crazy_face::joy:

8 Likes

@hunter1916

Sorry for your loss. Glad to hear you coping with it well.

7 Likes

thank you @JohnB he told us before he died to calebrate his life and not morn his death he new it was coming

9 Likes

@hunter1916

Wow! Your father was a wise man. I hope you can share more of his wisdom as time permits.

8 Likes

@JohnB i hope i live as long as he did but not the suffering he went through the last few years he didnt deserve the suffering in those last few years not for the life he led

8 Likes

@hunter1916

Though he did live a long life, I hope you live even longer.

And certainly, without the suffering.

I have never quite figured out why some good people have to suffer so much. Just the way life is sometimes, I guess.

10 Likes

i suppose we only get a choice on how we live our lives and not on how it turns out its all a roll of the dice @JohnB

9 Likes

@hunter1916

I think you are right, Kieran.

9 Likes

Where is @Johnksg ?
Haven’t seen him for a bit.
Or I’m blind.

9 Likes

Your right maybe kona has heard @cico7 @Kona

7 Likes

Nah. He stopped in a while back but didn’t say much.

9 Likes

Sorry guys I just saw this forum. As a former VA employee who worked the rural health side of the VA before an opening in Emergency Management at the facility I worked at became open, I have some experience with the VA process. I am not an expert by any means, but if you are unsure of how to fill out the 1010EZ, or are getting the run around, I may have solutions, or contacts that might be able to help you. I recently left the VA to move to the Washington area, I loved the job, but the cost of living was getting insane, so fiancée and I moved further North to place we could buy a home and not have to have three other family’s living with us to make the payments. Such is the life of living in the SF Bay area. So shoot me a private message or email me at kmstorm15ri@gmail.com

Again I am not expert, and do not have all the answers or solutions. But if you are getting rejected due to your income, and have service connection disabilities, or were in during a certain time periods, your income is not supposed to be the determining factor. I have helped a vet with a purple heart who had been rejected due to income. This is because some desk jockey didn’t read his DD214, just his 1040 tax return. I had to get their file to better clerk. Also for you Vietnam Navy Vets, a recent court ruling, which the VA did not appeal, indicates that those of you who were in a certain distance of the Vietnam coast may be now eligible for disabilities for Agent Orange exposure. You are the guys who never stepped foot on dry land but could of spit to shore. Expect an issue on the eligibility to come out soon concerning that.

8 Likes

I received this the other day and want to make sure all my brothers and sisters in arms get the message:

Dear My HealtheVet member:
At VA, Veterans are at the center of everything we do. We are constantly working to make sure you know about the health care and benefits you have earned through your service to our country.
A new law, called the MISSION Act, strengthens VA’s ability to provide you with state-of-the-art care and services through a network of providers and cutting-edge technology. The law makes several enhancements to VA care that begin on June 6, 2019.
With the MISSION Act, you will see VA continue to be a trusted, caring partner. We are focused on providing an excellent experience of care to you and the important people in your life. You’ll see us expand our efforts to meet you where you are, with the right care at the right place and the right time - including through telehealth and in your community.
To help you learn more about your VA health care options, we have created a booklet that provides information on: • Enrollment and health care eligibility;
• Expanded community care eligibility;
• Accessing new Urgent Care benefits for minor illnesses;
• Information on how copayments and insurance will be used;
• Learning more about VA’s access and quality standards and how those relate to you;
• Awareness of the complaints and appeals process for health care delivery.

You can view the booklet at https://www.missionact.va.gov/library/files/MISSION_ACT_Community_Care_Booklet.pdf
We appreciate that you choose VA for your health care and we are honored to serve you.
Sincerely,
Richard Stone, MD Executive in Charge Office of the Under Secretary for Health
For more information about the MISSION Act visit www.missionact.va.gov .

5 Likes

yea, but its that network of providers thats kinda humped the pooch on me so to speak. long loooooooonnnnnnnnng story

7 Likes